Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Okay, well, we're still in Alpha and it could change. We haven't seen all the abilities yet, so don't pass judgement just yet.
    AAAAAAAAAA ITS JUST ALPHA
    AAAAAAA ITS JUST BETA
    AAAAAA THEY WILL FIX IT IN FIRST PATCH
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa NEXT PATCH FIX
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAA JUST WAIT
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NEXT EXPANSION
    AAAAAAA ITS JUST ALPHA

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Changes are not always bad. Either way, what is your point?
    Completely reversing a system after two expansions (kinda really only one because despite claims otherwise blizzard admitted they 'ran out of time' to work on shamans in the bfa alpha) probably indicates the first change wasn't the right direction.

Also fun is such a subjective term it's pointless. You could intentionally create a spec that plays as badly as possible and still find people who claim it's fun.
    Also that 'amazing toolkit' doesn't make you desirable in m+ (inb4 100 responses saying everything is viable unless you're a top100 raider or take part in MDI) and only makes you a little below average in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Not wanting anything to change is slightly less productive than all the blizzard brown nosers in this thread who flip their shits whenever someone doesn't post sunshine and rainbows about the game.

Classic is over there, my dude. You already have it.
    I'm fine with changes. It's terrible, stupid, destructive changes that make the game worse that I take issue with.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Seriously. all of them sound annoying, useless, and most importantly NOT FUN OR COOL.

Sounds annoying to watch for, and maddenly frustrating when your combo points skip the Magic Number. Instead of feeling happy to get more combo points than you normally would, you feel angry because now you can't use the covenant.

A Dot. Boring.

And I get full combo points AFTER the enemy dies, so when I mount up and ride away, I get to watch them slowly waste away. Lovely. Having unspent combo points after the enemy dies is already frustrating!

A Dot. It stacks.

So... literally nothing changes.

Am I supposed to be excited by any of this?

Nothing fun. Nothing cool. Nothing amazing. Nothing that makes me feel like I can't wait to click the new button I get for the whole expansion.

This sucks. The devs literally sat around a desk, spent hours thinking of what cool, amazing, fun, and imaginative extra super abilities rogues could get this expansion... and they come up with this?!
    Blizzard could be milking your dad's tits through the internet and you'd still be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    You know, I miss the days of people actually having healthy discussions and sharing their opinions rather than just being plain old asshats just because someone decided to post theirs.
    You know, I miss the days of people actually posted stuff they actually thought through, arguments & ideas that warranted discussion, now we just have all these fucking children posting how they don't like this or that, without providing anything constructive worthy of a discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Kyrian one is the most interesting out of the 4 imo. Though, that's not really saying much. You can use it multiple times to get the cp buff on multiple cps, but it can also just overlap with the one you already have (maybe a bug?). That's just going to turn into a WA that lights up when your cps match the buff so that just instantly kills needing to manage it in any way at all

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindMask View Post
    Kyrian one is the most interesting out of the 4 imo. Though, that's not really saying much. You can use it multiple times to get the cp buff on multiple cps, but it can also just overlap with the one you already have (maybe a bug?). That's just going to turn into a WA that lights up when your cps match the buff so that just instantly kills needing to manage it in any way at all
    I mean any fun mechanic blizzard tries to make these days will be turned into a weak aura. That said like every influencer has said my fear is random CP generation gives way to much room for that 'feels bad' random proc to ruin the game constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post
    This one is a little odd, and I'm personally not a huge fan of it. For one, that fact that it changes your poison to Shadow damage would seem to have adverse affects with several Assassination passives. Perhaps it's alright for PvP, at best, since the wording sounds like it reduces 15% of the enemy's healing, and gives it to you instead.
    The shadow damage worries me a lot, I mean being the only one focused on poisons you would think it would be muti's first stop. But in its current iteration, I feel like it has to be a damage loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Muti and outlaw performed very well on some fights in Ny'alotha and the eternal palace. Muti and outlaw were both great in BoD.
    Why were people not inviting you?
    i um not sure what everyones problem is but yea i don't get invited to raid when i play subtlety.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Career Rogue here. While the class has gotten many quality of life changes since Cataclysm that I really appreciate, it's been clear for a long time that the devs have no vision or passion for Rogue internally. As it's relatively straightforward and mechanically sound as a class, it's usually the last to receive content in alphas, and problems not fixed there usually make it to live. When a new patch or expansion rolls around, most other classes are getting neat toys that change rotations and allow them to play their class differently; Rogue usually gets some minor variation of Vendetta, a DoT, or a gimmicky poison without much use. What we do have that works, works well, but it's hard to get excited about the future when you know the people who design your class are usually phoning it in. This is one of many things that has made me drift away from the game over time.

P.S. I feel bad for you Shaman mains out there. I think that's the only class that the devs are even less passionate about than Rogue.
    Last edited by Delano; 2020-05-03 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post
    This one is a little odd, and I'm personally not a huge fan of it. For one, that fact that it changes your poison to Shadow damage would seem to have adverse affects with several Assassination passives. Perhaps it's alright for PvP, at best, since the wording sounds like it reduces 15% of the enemy's healing, and gives it to you instead.
    It steals 15% of healing received, which is actually nutty for focusing a target in pvp, since it will stack with other healing reductions.

Quote Originally Posted by RustuxGG View Post
    (looked at your Posting History)
    Kinda creepy but okay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Sometimes you might be fighting more than one enemy tho.
    They can call it Double-Marked For Death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. The thot is well known for complaining about literally fucking everything for 6 years
    I... have a fanbase?

I sometimes go weeks/months without visiting MMO-C, and yet I have subscribers.

That's cool. That made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    I'm fine with changes. It's terrible, stupid, destructive changes that make the game worse that I take issue with.
    Sooo... every expansion since Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    They can call it Double-Marked For Death.
    Marked For (More) Death

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Let’s hope they give us some real power *.*

- - - Updated - - -

Rogue suffers from Voldemort the most. Guys we need to stay strong. His era will end soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Radazar View Post
    to be fair he didn't offer up any comments on how to improved the abilities, all OP did was complain that they sucked. and most people replying said play another class if you don't like the abilities or go to the offical forums and suggest a way to improve them
    Not just that, but 3 of them are being speculated to extremely powerful. I love when people complain about something without the chance to even play with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Not just that, but 3 of them are being speculated to extremely powerful. I love when people complain about something without the chance to even play with it.
    Well, numbers are one thing but none of the 4 covenant abilities look exactly "fun." Right now the only one that will change the rotation in anyway is the Kyrian one, and even so, it's just gonna be solved by a weak aura and lead to awkward moments in combat trying to get the right CPs. None of the other abilities are exactly inspired, even if they end up being powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer Morningstar View Post
    let's change it to, when you click this ability, you turn into a demon for 20 seconds that deals extra damage.

Should fit the class theme.
    Or four rogues suddenly de-stealth and start using signature rogue AoE moves (Killing Spree, Fan of Knives, Shuriken Storm) against the target.

Having rogues constantly stealthed and stalking around you has been a WoW thing since vanilla, and two of those abilities have even had visual animation upgrades lately.

IMAGINE: Four rogues de-stealthing and ALL using Killing Spree on the target at the same time. Looks cool AND requires no extra programming because the mechanics are in the game already.

What happens when two rogues use Killing Spree AT THE SAME TIME:

Now imagine FOUR.

Now that would be an awesome button to click.

Simple concept, mechanics are already ingame, looks awesome, feels awesome, works as ST or AoE, a class fantasy/reality people have lived through and heard about since vanilla... AND it even fits lore, since your rogue character is a faction champion, General (remember garrisons?), and ruling council member of the Uncrowned. Of course you would have stealthed bodyguards around you at all times.

Just one idea from someone who actually plays a rogue. Heck, they could even add in a heal by having one of the rogues throw a Crimson Vial at you, smashing on your head (another mechanic already ingame).

Needs to be more Shadowlands™-themed? Just make them ghosts, and call them "Shades of The Vanquished; restless apparitions of slain assassins seeking vengeance" or something. It's not as if there wouldn't be a few thousand of those in the Shadowlands, considering the world we live in.

Alas, alpha is TOO LATE for new ideas. Like Azerite traits, these are the Covenent abilities we're getting. Alpha feedback isn't so Blizzard can implement new ideas; it's so they can adjust numbers. The only possible change we can get at this point is [Covenant Ability effectiveness increased to 1.7% (was 1.4%)].

Pity.

But like garrisons, it's fun to muse on forums about what could have been...
    Last edited by thottstation; 2020-05-03 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Well, numbers are one thing but none of the 4 covenant abilities look exactly "fun." Right now the only one that will change the rotation in anyway is the Kyrian one, and even so, it's just gonna be solved by a weak aura and lead to awkward moments in combat trying to get the right CPs. None of the other abilities are exactly inspired, even if they end up being powerful.
    the problem seems to be with most people is the abilities are not flashy, you even said so now, it doesn't matter if the damage is good. to me the abilities fit, well besides the Kyrian, they seem like a stretch but then again they seem to be about holy and good which dose not fit rogues at all.

Alright, do not make a kyrian outlaw rogue, holy crap. Do the other specs similarly have random procs of a certain # of combo points?

Yeah these seem terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Radazar View Post
    the problem seems to be with most people is the abilities are not flashy, you even said so now, it doesn't matter if the damage is good. to me the abilities fit, well besides the Kyrian, they seem like a stretch but then again they seem to be about holy and good which dose not fit rogues at all.
    I mean, conceptually those three covenant abilities fit rogues very well, I just think what they actually do is a bit off right now. The Night Fae one might be my favorite, but if I'm totally honest I would rather be a regular move on a cd that costs energy rather than it be another ST dot finisher. The Venthyr one is probably gonna change in some way or another but I don't think it should be limited to stealth only, and if it is, it better be something really badass as you won't use it that much (unless if it works in dance for sub). I really have to see the Maldraxxus ability in action to actually give an opinion on it cause the tooltip currently is a mess.

Even if it's the most "complex" the Kyrian ability might actually be my least favorite. Both for the fact that like you said Kyrian's don't really fit rogues that well, and that I feel it will really break the flow of combat on all three specs in a negative way. I guess if you want to RP as some sort of assassin sent by the Church to do God's will, maybe Kyrian could fit that kind of rogue I guess.