Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Why is BFA hated ?

Hello.

Why is BFA so hated ? Sometimes more than WOD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Replay of a history we have seen before.

Bad systems all around.

Mismanagement of some characters.

That is basically it.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

This has been discussed many times over.

Try using the search function.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Chewed too death. Really. Why again? Give it a few years. BFS is JUST over.
    If you want to now look in EVERY thread.

Generally releasing an expansion with every system broken on launch, and then spend the entire life cycle patching "improvements" while adding in new broken systems, people dislike it!

Who knew?!

A lot of poor design choices (Azerite power, GCD, class balance, RNG on top of RNG to name a few)

Warfronts and island expeditions weren't anywhere what they should've been, both were just grindy and felt necessary to do for the rewards

The lore has been handled terribly. N'zoth ended up being a huge dissapointment, but even before that we had so many different stories going at the same time and almost none of them felt like it had a satisfying conclusion

The Alliance vs Horde conflict was just absolutely terrible. It all ended up with the Horde's warchief becoming evil yet again and the Alliance winning everything, yet at the same time the Horde is standing and it will only be a matter of time whenever the next faction leader gets hit by the villain bat

Maybe my personal opinion but I found the dungeons and raids to be lacking. Doing M+ just wasn't fun at all and I didn't like most raids as much as I liked fro mprevious expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember a time where Wrath of the Lich King was the WORST EXPANSION EVER.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrjuda View Post
    Hello.

Because its current, same as most other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    I remember a time where Wrath of the Lich King was the WORST EXPANSION EVER.
    I don't, probably because it never happened

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenonn View Post
    Then you never visited the official forums back then.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Even lazier approach to the game than WoD was.

WoD at least tried something new...they just cut too many corners.

BfA is, at its core, Legion with a few functions removed and absolutely nothing added (besides the zones that all expansions have to add to be called an expansion). And the few things that they've tried to slap on after the fact are pretty stupid (e.g. corruption).

A whole lot of reasons. It's been discussed a lot.

For my money, it's because Blizzard really went against the grain of what a lot of the customer base wanted. They seemed to make a bunch of unpopular decisions, ignored the feedback as to why they weren't liked, and then double downed on those choices. Hard.

No company can listen to and accommodate every piece of feedback it gets. But when such a large chunk of feedback is saying the same thing, ignoreing it and simply continuing down those paths all the harder is not going to yield popular results.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Because its current, same as most other things.
    Not really, WoD is already several years old, and it still stands as the worst received expansion ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The intentional leveraging of player investment in a world that, unlike a book or a TV series, is tied to a sense of "we live here" to wrench heartstrings in a modernly dark "sUbVertINg ExPEctAtiONs" sort of way. Yes, Theramore exists as precedent, and maybe I see Teldrassil/Undercity as a darker sin than it is because I was on WoW hiatus for Theramore, but it is unforgivable what they did to these races and their homes in BFA. It's worse because these downslopes didn't seem to the devs as instances creating a need for an upslope. There was no payoff, no suitably happy moment to counterbalance the extreme sadness. No, killing N'Zoth wasn't enough. No, "losing Sylvanas" wasn't enough. Yes it's Warcraft, but it's not Warcrimecraft. BFA took pride in its "heart of darkness"-like (Nazmir was a literal HOD ripoff) visceral, bloody wickedness. That's not edgy or cool, that's just depressing.

Shadowlands is the cool kind of edgy, and I'm looking forward to it, but for me and mine, BFA tried too hard to make us feel bad for... like... playing the game.

Also, BFA absolutely broke me on trying to predict their game and its lore based on what would make sense or feel good. That we made it out of BFA without SOME faction mechanical change means the devs are somewhere I can't relate to when it comes to reading the room and developing the story and game to suit. I'll never invest in or trust their lore-to-gameplay relationship like I did before BFA.

I don't have all the logistical content complaints that others have. Indeed I greatly love what Islands, Warfronts, and Visions did within their existence as petri dishes for a future of "soloing in parallel" group content. Being able to be an alliance elven warlock got me through BFA (alliance elven paladins next please), but thematically BFA will always be a dark stain on my time playing WoW.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2020-05-02 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrjuda View Post
    Hello.

Do we really need thousands of threads about it?

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Because it's a bad expansion, that frustrates you more than any other expansion.
    Covenants will be a bigger disaster than Azerite Armor. Covenants quadruples the amounts of speccs in the game. 144 specs in the game - a nightmare to balance, if you still want distinctive MeAnInGfUl choices. Only LARPers and LFR heroes support this boring system, that will have no lasting positive impact on casuals, for whom the system is designed, but only negatives for the real players.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Not really, WoD is already several years old, and it still stands as the worst received expansion ever.
    That's because WoD was objectively bad. BFA has been fine. An expansion or two from now and people will be arguing whether Cataclysm or BFA is the worse expansion.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think for a lot of people its the gearing system and class design being so.. What to call it.. Bland. I also think that community stigma of certain specs that were horrible at BFA launch just stuck around forever, as per usual and made it impossible for people to enjoy what they wanted to play. Min/maxing everything has something to do with this too.

But what do I know, I dont know million of players, just what me and my buddies think.
    Last edited by Grimbolt; 2020-05-03 at 12:40 AM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Jaina built up as finally being done with Horde's shit. She stops and pats them on the back again while Sylvanas does even more bullshit, this time to the Horde itself too which while funny, makes Jaina's softcockery even more ridiculous.

Tyrande being built up as going to do something about the Horde. Inevitably going to be made into a villain when it comes up again because punishing the Horde for doing bad things is shown as clearly being the worst and most wrong of all time.

Classes being way shittier than Legion. Way less fun. Way less power. Only loads of traits, endgame gear, crazy trinkets, corruptions and essence combos have made classes feel anywhere near as fun and powerful as Legion and none of it is returning. Absurdly, this is a good thing because it's retarded.

Content at the start was really fucking lacking. It isn't now but at launch, it certainly was. Even WQs didn't give paragon rep for some reason. It was bizarre.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenonn View Post
    ehh back then we did have some groups whining about it being to easy, or that badges let scrubs get tier gear, or vehicle combat being the worst thing ever "let me play my character", ect.