Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    I remember a time where Wrath of the Lich King was the WORST EXPANSION EVER.
    To be fair, at the time, it was the worse of the two expacs. Tbc still remains the peak of wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Sure, I'll give you 5 additional reasons:

1. Warfronts and islands have failed miserably. Nobody plays them except for the occasional item grab and gg goodbye. I haven't met anyone who thinks these features are fun.

2. Poor class design: how come 80% of your damage in end-game content comes from corruption procs? where is the class identity?

3. ZERO Alt-friendliness: why playing with my alts when I have to grind so many reps, unlock so many essences and do endless chores?

4. Sharding and phasing is ruining the classic WoW experience: I was sick of never meeting the same people in Orgrimmar or Dazar'Alor, why the hell do I see Russian boys flying around me when I play on a Spanish server? I know this has been going for many years, but in BfA is too much IMO.

5. High-end PvP is ruined by rental powers: do you want to reach 2.5k rank by doing arenas? Just pray to God a massive Twilight devastation procs and then you'll insta kill your target.
    So you clearly don't do cutting edge mythic raiding nor pvp at a high level. Which is fine, of course, but try to withstand from talking about it as if you know anything about it.

Warfronts and islands.. Well, true. I remember when they announced Island expeditions I though every single island would be random, different, etc. Alas, 3 islands on a rotation on a weekly basis. Ugh.

The only thing that isn't really alt friendly now is the cloak. Essences etc is a non issue.

My corruptions isn't even close to 30% of my damage in raids or even m+. And that's with going with rank 5-6 TD (non-tank) in m+. What exactly does 80% of someone's damage? Not to mention stat % increase > dmg procs for raiding (for my spec at least).

I don't think anything really changed with layering in BFA? Other than warmode, etc. Sharding > no sharding though, easily.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    I remember a time where Wrath of the Lich King was the WORST EXPANSION EVER.
    At its time it was, as TBC was better :shrug:

10+ Year Old Account
    Two Words:

Faction War.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

its legion 0.5 with boring grind sh%$$

Remove the corruption and the RNG about it, and its not THAT bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrjuda View Post
    Hello.

Why is BFA so hated ? Sometimes more than WOD.
    Well I can only speak for myself and friends who I played with, One of the big things that drove them off, prior to EP Raid patch, was Azerite gear. Getting the exact same piece you had equipped already, but higher Ilvls, you'd think you'd be happy, but if you're neck lvl wasn't high enough it was a down grade until you ground out more levels to use it. Next, Essences, many of my friends and guild mates were Altoholics. We'd play several toons, and adjust which we brought to a raid depending on what we needed or were short. Many of us ran tank or healer alts, in case a main was out. now not only did we have to farm correct Azerite pieces, and Grind neck levels, we also then had to farm for the correct Essences for our specs. By this time many of my friends said "See ya in 9.0". Add to that Titanforging, many times Titanforged pieces from a previous tier carried over into your "BiS" for the next tier, any mage will tell you how much they "love" Azshara's Font of Power, so to stay relevant you'd have to farm Heroic (for Titanforged) and Mythic (for Warfoged) chances for those old pieces because they are sill relevant for the next Tier. I don't know anyone who found Crucible of Storms enjoyable to "farm" for those BiS items that lasted until after BoD. And now Corruptions, Just a trash as Titanforging. So yes I can see many reasons why people think BfA was garbage, which was sad because I was finally glad to get to deal with Jaina's Story more, which to me was the only shining light in this Turd of an expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    you shouldn't play with genocide like it's a silly plot point. The game's story just consistently made me angry. The rest of the issues were just incomplete and poor designs; very faulty but that's something I could understand. Not all designers are good and even the good ones may have a very rough patch. But the story was intended to be what it was and it was not just a trainwreck. It was insulting.
    That was the reason, why i was parking most of my char. Hoping for a change of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Replay of a history we have seen before.

Bad systems all around.

Mismanagement of some characters.

That is basically it.
    This isnt completely right.

Bad systems is the main thing. Alt unfriendlyness, last raid being a borefest of dimensions. Systems upon systems upon systems.

Corruption, azerite gear and essences all together does a massive amount of peoples damage, and for the most part - its completely passive and random. Its hard to stand out as a good player(dps wise) atm.

Classes are pretty barebone - some directly borefests. And these are most if not all the dps specs. They are way oversimplified. There is almost no room to shine unless you are fighting against someone with brain damage.
    The lore has little to no impact upon how well stuff is recieved. Apart from a few whiners on mmo-c

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I dislike it for its mediocrity and I hate mediocrity. I'm really irritated by the people who say "but the art team did a great job". Yeah. But art and zones do not engage me to play the game. Cool animations are cool and somewhat necessary, but creating immersive environments with the current technology is not hard. Quests and the story lines are mediocre (though they always were), classes are mediocre, systems are mediocre, gear and its acquisition is bad... It's just average, and average is not worth my time.
    Covenants will be a bigger disaster than Azerite Armor. Covenants quadruples the amounts of speccs in the game. 144 specs in the game - a nightmare to balance, if you still want distinctive MeAnInGfUl choices. Only LARPers and LFR heroes support this boring system, that will have no lasting positive impact on casuals, for whom the system is designed, but only negatives for the real players.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    It's not just MMO-C, everywhere WoW is discussed people are saying the same things. Surely not all of them are wrong or shitposters.
    Remember, everyone not praising Blizzard on his/her daily prayers is a hater whose opinion must be summarily discarded. Because the handful of MMOC white knights are the ultimate representation of the playerbase at large
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

It was rather good content destroyed with terrible progression systems. Story was also bad even for wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    It was rather good content destroyed with terrible progression systems. Story was also bad even for wow.
    Last raid was pis poor tbh.

There hasnt been a raid that easy on hc in modern wow.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Last raid was pis poor tbh.

There hasnt been a raid that easy on hc in modern wow.
    I would disagree it isn't one of the best but it holds up pretty well overall. One or two bosses are meh.

Bad story, bad gameplay and horrible RNG.

The zones are very good but it doesn't matter how good zones are when how you navigate them and play through them is fundamentally shitty. I look forward to leveling through BFA in another expansion but right now playing it is shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I would disagree it isn't one of the best but it holds up pretty well overall. One or two bosses are meh.
    The thing is that blizzard did the whole class simplification thing(rotation wise, not the general pruning thing) and the idea was that raids would have harder mechanics but rotations would be easier. This raids mechanics is on par with wrath mechanics when you look at hc. Most fights just come down to dont stand in the glowing circles. Like thats honestly it.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoD was good aside BfA.

This expansion is absurd. They removed PvP, as it sounds, basically..
    They decided that gear > skills, and not even that, RNG Procs from third party elements > gear > skill. Plain absurd.

Mythic dungeons giving better gear than actual raids...

They simply toke the core of WoW and turned it upside down.

Luckily, player subs have dropped and they have realized the fuck up this expansion has been.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    The thing is that blizzard did the whole class simplification thing(rotation wise, not the general pruning thing) and the idea was that raids would have harder mechanics but rotations would be easier. This raids mechanics is on par with wrath mechanics when you look at hc. Most fights just come down to dont stand in the glowing circles. Like thats honestly it.
    On heroic maybe there was a lot more happening in mythic. I don't see them as a step up on legion but on par. Still the content was fine it was everything around the content that was awful.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
    I can only tell you why I hate it.

Islands - potentially fun and diablo like randomness - sorry nope, same maps, "forced" to do 3-4 a week for Azerite when AP still mattered.
    Warfonts - I got nothing, they were horrible from the start.
    Azerite Armor - Put in to testing a week before release candidate. "Just trust us" mentality, since they only showed us leveling azerite armor. HUGE amounts of nerfs and buffs weeks in to the expansion.

Then comes the relentless bandaids of systems on top of systems, having to add double rings to azerite, bringing in essences to fill a gap that azerite armor left by not being adequately tested.

Replacing WF/TF with a categorically worse system, when thinking in terms of ilvl being the determining factor in gearing.

Visions were OK for about a week or so, but the linearity and unchanging nature of them became a chore very fast.
    AP still matters, you need more HP for mythic

Excessive grind, probably related to design driven by bad metrics.

E-sports focus.

Continued inability to have the game's social meta work for average players.

Continued inexplicable destruction of casual PvP.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"