View Poll Results: What is your favorite Star Wars movie?

Voters
176. This poll is closed
  • Star Wars (1977) Episode IV: A New Hope

17 9.66%
  • The Empire Strikes Back (Episode V)

66 37.50%
  • Return of the Jedi (Episode VI)

14 7.95%
  • Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace

7 3.98%
  • Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones

5 2.84%
  • Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith

33 18.75%
  • Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

4 2.27%
  • Star Wars: The Last Jedi

4 2.27%
  • Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

3 1.70%
  • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

21 11.93%
  • Solo: A Star Wars Story

2 1.14%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

What is your favorite Star Wars movie?

Tomorrow is Star Wars day, folks! Rise of Skywalker becomes available on Disney+ which I'll finally see. With the third trilogy now complete, and two spin off movies in the rear view mirror, and the franchise being on break, we're sitting at 11 movies total. Which one is your favorite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Episode 5 followed by 1 and 2.

Easily the Empire Strikes Back, though Return of the Jedi is a very close second. It really makes you wish George hadn't "gone it alone" as much on the prequels, because he's got good ideas, that are better handled by other people.

the most memorable stuff for me is from return of the jedi.

but my interest in star wars is quickly fading because of Disney spam.

I prefer they keep them as more events once in a blue moon, not a film/tv show a year.

And as a movie lover rise of skywalker was offensive. So much crap piled into the movie. It was like 15 movies rolled into one.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Tomorrow is Star Wars day, folks! Rise of Skywalker becomes available on Disney+ which I'll finally see. With the third trilogy now complete, and two spin off movies in the rear view mirror, and the franchise being on break, we're sitting at 11 movies total. Which one is your favorite?

Per generation:

Prequels: Episode 3
    original: Empire. Showed a lot different then the hero's always win. But very close new hope...like very very close.

Sequels: Rogue one. solo had no story, jedi was a total mess. But 7 and 9 where not much better.

In my eyes, 7 ,8,9 are fan fiction. And 7 was the worst offender of all. It had free reins to do anything. But was still crap on many levels. 8 atleast had a excuse for following 7 with its crap story.

If you ask me i would say from best to last:
    1.)Empire strikes back
    2.) new hope
    3.) revenge of the sith ( yes anakin acting sucked. but it connected 2 generations of movies correctly and had GREAT cgi)
    4.) the return of the jedi
    4.) Rogue one
    6.) clone wars
    7.) phantom menace
    8.) the force awakens
    9.) Solo
    10.) The last jedi
    11.) Rise of skywalker

Everyone who has the last 3 main movies not in the bottum 10 needs to hand in their sci fi fan, movie fan pass right now. Those where horrible in canon, storytelling, flow, consistency , treatment of beloved hero's/villians. They pretty much ruined all the arcs of the previous 8 ( lore wise) movies and all the tv shows.
    I am still convinced that kennedy the hutt and Jar Jar abrams and Rayn fortuna where all laughed at prom by nerds and this is the revenge of them.

The one I to date enjoy most and find objectively best? Empire Strikes Back.

The one I have fondest memories of? Probably Revenge of the Sith as we went to see it in movies with big group for friends all nuts for Star Wars.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Easily the Empire Strikes Back, though Return of the Jedi is a very close second. It really makes you wish George hadn't "gone it alone" as much on the prequels, because he's got good ideas, that are better handled by other people.
    Dude can fuckin world-build, that's for sure. Dialogue and character interactions... a little less so.

Honestly Return of the Jedi has always been my favorite because of all the cool ships (apparently I haven't aged since I first watched the OT at five).
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    The one I to date enjoy most and find objectively best? Empire Strikes Back.

The one I have fondest memories of? Probably Revenge of the Sith as we went to see it in movies with big group for friends all nuts for Star Wars.
    I agree. Revenge of the Sith is my favorite by far because not only is it the movie that got me into Star Wars, it's a damn good movie to boot and I saw it in theaters at least 2-3 times with family and friends.

"Sith happens!" Loved that tagline. lol The nostalgia trailer was also great.

Revenge of the Sith. This movie is basically my childhood and Anakin is my favourite character in Star Wars, so watching his fall from grace was awesome. The soundtrack was also godly, especially the ost that plays during Order 66.

Plus in my opinion this is the saddest Star Wars movie by far. I still get chills when I rewatch Anakin choking Padme or him getting the armor.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-05-03 at 09:59 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Revenge of the Sith. This movie is basically my childhood and Anakin is my favourite character in Star Wars, so watching his fall from grace was awesome. The soundtrack was also godly, especially the ost that plays during Order 66.

Plus in my opinion this is the saddest Star Wars movie by far. I still get chills when I rewatch Anakin choking Padme or him getting the armor.
    Not to mention Order 66. To me, the saddest scene in all of Star Wars.

The Empire Strikes Back hands down.

Tied for a close 2nd are A New Hope and Return of The Jedi.

Rogue One is my 3rd choice.

My least favorite film is The Last Jedi, because it was so far removed from anything feeling like a Star Wars movie and it was also the only movie where I kept checking my phone's clock to see if we were nearing the end. I especially did not like what Rian Johnson did to Luke's character and I will be hard pressed to support any film directed by him in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Not to mention Order 66. To me, the saddest scene in all of Star Wars.
    It really was. Though it is basically a meme at this point, Anakin killing the younglings is top 3 darkest moments in all of Star Wars.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Caravan of Courage was easily the best Star Wars film of the lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Caravan of Courage was easily the best Star Wars film of the lot!
    Caravan of...

Empire followed by Rogue One. Christmas Special takes third place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Revenge of the Sith and The Empire Strikes back are tying for 1st place. I have given the edge to Revenge because of all the events that lead Anakin to the Dark Side, the annihilation of the Jedi, accompanied with quite some good lightsaber duels where we even get one with Yoda and Sidious. Also the music was just beautiful. So many good memes were born aswell like the Darth Plagueis story and Obi-Wan having the high ground. Empire is really good for nostalgia, but when I look back its actually just the Luke and Darth Vader meeting scene that sticks which is also beautifully done.

My rating (haven't seen Solo and Rise of Skywalker yet because of how shit The Last Jedi was):

1. Revenge of the Sith
    2. The Empire Strikes Back
    3. A New Hope
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. Rogue One
    6. The Phantom Menace
    7. Attack of the Clones
    8. The Force Awakens
    9. The Last Jedi
    Last edited by McNeil; 2020-05-03 at 10:48 PM.

I cant believe so many people said episode three when all the prequels were hot trash. I cant wrap my head around it

1 Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith
    2 The Empire Strikes Back (Episode V)
    3 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
    4 Star Wars (1977) Episode IV: A New Hope
    5 Return of the Jedi (Episode VI)
    6 Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones
    7 Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace
    8 Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

9 Solo: A Star Wars Story
    Dont count the last jedi and rise of skywalker otherwise i might just aswell put spaceballs and the christmas special in it.
    I actually had more Star Wars vibes from clone wars (a cartoon) then the last 3 Disney movies.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2020-05-03 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Dude can fuckin world-build, that's for sure. Dialogue and character interactions... a little less so.

Honestly Return of the Jedi has always been my favorite because of all the cool ships (apparently I haven't aged since I first watched the OT at five).
    Yea I agree, he has an incredible imagination, and if he'd had some help with the scripts for the prequels and perhaps some acting coaches, I think they would have rivaled the original trilogy. RotJ definitely gave us one of the best space battles, I think the practical effects make it more compelling to watch than some of the prequels as those got a little too busy for me at times with all the CGI.

Out of the Lucas movies, probably A New Hope.
    Out of all of them, Rogue One.

R1 just does it for me, Gareth Edwards really nailed the Lucas feel, from cinematography to correctly timed comedic elements, R1 really just gets SW. It also managed to retcon the story in a way that I really don't see any good criticism against.