View Poll Results: What is your favorite Star Wars movie?

Voters
176. This poll is closed
  • Star Wars (1977) Episode IV: A New Hope

17 9.66%
  • The Empire Strikes Back (Episode V)

66 37.50%
  • Return of the Jedi (Episode VI)

14 7.95%
  • Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace

7 3.98%
  • Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones

5 2.84%
  • Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith

33 18.75%
  • Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

4 2.27%
  • Star Wars: The Last Jedi

4 2.27%
  • Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

3 1.70%
  • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

21 11.93%
  • Solo: A Star Wars Story

2 1.14%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm going to have an unpopular opinion.

Phantom Menace was probably my favorite. They spent way too long on Tatooine, but I still liked the way the movie flowed. I didn't dislike Jar Jar. I'm probably a bit biased, because my father got me into Star Wars at a very young age where I was too young to really appreciate it. I re-watched 4,5, and 6 all right before Phantom Menace came out and absolutely loved the series. Going from 1970s CGI to 1999 CGI mere days after really seeing the series for the first time was absolutely amazing. Seeing Jedi's at their peak form right at the start was amazing to me, as they never really fight like that in 4,5, and 6. The best duel in the series is probably Obi Wan and Qui Gon vs Darth Maul, too. It was this movie that really set up me getting into the Star Wars universe the most. This is obviously a very objective opinion based on circumstances, I was 11 years old when I watched the Phantom Menace.

The "best" Star Wars from my critic point of view was probably episode 6, Return of the Jedi. It merged fantasy and sci fi together perfectly. The light saber action was great. Luke started slipping into madness a bit, and was only able to defeat the emperor thanks to the help of his father going soft after being defeated. It was not cliche at all and I loved how gray they made it. It had a happy ending, there was some romance finally, and Luke got to see his father as a force ghost. It was all very touching.

The most iconic scene in star wars is probably the Death Star being blown up in episode 4, though. Even the power puff girls ripped it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The original trilogy was released in theaters I believe right before the prequels came. I remember seeing all of them in theaters as a kid.
    The Special Editions were released in theaters just before the prequels.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Revenge of the Sith

Don't @ me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    The Empire Strikes Back hands down.

Tied for a close 2nd are A New Hope and Return of The Jedi.

Rogue One is my 3rd choice.

My least favorite film is The Last Jedi, because it was so far removed from anything feeling like a Star Wars movie and it was also the only movie where I kept checking my phone's clock to see if we were nearing the end. I especially did not like what Rian Johnson did to Luke's character and I will be hard pressed to support any film directed by him in the future.
    Tbf, the movies he has done have been all around amazing. He is a very talented director.
    But, TLJ is a dumpster fire. I think they just gave him too much creative control and needed all three scripts done BEFORE any of them were filmed. There was no coherent plot to the entire sequelogy. Expose without story or soul.
    At least Filoni and Favreau are there to save it for the future.

Empire. It's not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought picking one of the prequels would make me an outcast, but I got second place. Are people just voting for episode 3 for the memes, or is all the prequel hate just from vocal minorities?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I am seeing a trend. Many of the people who like the prequels seem to praise things like the special effects and especially the lightsaber fights. I guess I can understand why, but those are not really the reasons I love star wars. Sure, they can be fun, but I love star wars for the characters and world building and those were the biggest things I feel are majorly lacking in the prequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I thought picking one of the prequels would make me an outcast, but I got second place. Are people just voting for episode 3 for the memes, or is all the prequel hate just from vocal minorities?
    People hated them for awhile and then randomly I began to see more and more people defending them. Part of me wonders if it is partly due to some people just wanting to be different and go against the grain. Like, if most people hate them, then if I say I love them I will be unique and different. Not saying everyone who likes the prequels now are like that, but I bet some are. I fully expect it to swing back around the other way in a few years.
    Last edited by Skizzit; 2020-05-04 at 01:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ep 5. The Empire Strikes Back.

Can't choose.

I dont even hate the episode I-III like most people do. From what I have seen people hate the stupid shit tied to them, like jar jar binks or that everyone speaks english or something. None of that is story relevant. Story is at best ok, but its good entertainment with all the flashy effects. I'm not saying that they are good, but they arent bad either. They are mid quality movies in my books. Then again, I only have three categories of movies. C grade = shit, dont watch, B=Ok (movies most movies are here), A=master pieces (only very very very very few gets here. These are my favorites. None of the star wars movies get even close).

So generally speaking, with the description how i grade movies, all of the older star wars movies are in that B grade. They are ok and I can watch them, but they are all about as good.

Of the new ones, I have watched rogue and it was ok. Also i did go see the force awakens, but I thougt it was trash. Never bothered to go watch the rest. So I dont know. Couldn't care less. What I have heard of them makes me think it was a good idea. If I ever run into them easily watchable in netflix or equivalent, I'll see them. Since disney owns starwars, I guess they are in disney+, but I havent used that yet so no idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back are both great Empire being the best one. Jedi was ok, has some good stuff and some bad stuff. After that tho they are all shit.

The prequels are trash and the new disney movies may not bad as bad but they are still shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    The Empire Strikes Back hands down.

Tied for a close 2nd are A New Hope and Return of The Jedi.

Rogue One is my 3rd choice.

My least favorite film is The Last Jedi, because it was so far removed from anything feeling like a Star Wars movie and it was also the only movie where I kept checking my phone's clock to see if we were nearing the end. I especially did not like what Rian Johnson did to Luke's character and I will be hard pressed to support any film directed by him in the future.
    I hated TLJ, but knives out is a pretty good film imo.

Give Rian movies that do not already have some set in stone lore or work as a followup to another movie, and give him semi free reins and he's not quite bad.

- - - Updated - - -

1) ESB
    2) ANH
    3) RotS
    4) RotJ

5) R1
    6) TFA

7) TPM

8) AotC
    9) TLJ

Rise of the Skywalker and Solo unrated as I haven't seen them. Judging purely by script Solo sounds somewhere between "meh" and "okay" and RotS2 like a trash fire.

Spaces is where I feel like there's a huge gap, potentially one before TPM as well.

TFA is kind of hard for me to place, I kind of gave it slightly the benefit of the doubt and put it where my initial thoughts placed it upon watching it. It required the following movie(s) to "carry it" which failed.

With the addition of TLJ it's quality drastically fell and should probably be down near AotC, but at the time of release I felt great potential moving forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Clone Wars: Siege of Mandalore would be pretty high up on the list if it were cut into single movie.
    Disney compiled the Mandalorian Civil War episodes from Rebels into a 3 part movie on their YouTube. It's pretty good.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Return of The Jedi.
    Attack of The Cloned.
    Revenge of the Sith.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly? It's really a toss up between the original 3, ANH, ESB, and RotJ. They're all such fantastic films and get the waterworks flowing by the end. The music, the characters, all of it. Wonderful films that I saw as a kid only 2 years before seeing PM - which doesn't give me the same feelings, so clearly it isn't pure nostalgia or anything, it's just they're better films, period.
    Revenge of the Sith is a somewhat decent film, but I largely agree with RLM's take on it. It's better than 1 and 2, it doesn't hold a candle to the original 3.
    The new movies are all better than 1 and 2, R1 is... okay, it's just pure fan service. Solo is okay.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Caravan of...

So good.

Rogue One
    Revenge of the Sith
    The Empire Strikes Back
    Return of the Jedi
    Phantom Menace
    A New Hope
    Solo
    Attack of the Clones
    The Force Awakens
    Rise of Skywalker
    The Last Jedi

10+ Year Old Account
    That anyone can honestly place Attack of the Clones higher than The Force Awakens or even The Last Jedi is batshit insane to me. AotC is an terribly written, poorly acted, over used green-screen CGI mess.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Revenge of the Sith.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    That anyone can honestly place Attack of the Clones higher than The Force Awakens or even The Last Jedi is batshit insane to me. AotC is an terribly written, poorly acted, over used green-screen CGI mess.
    Which exactly shows how fucking awful TLJ was in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Not to mention Order 66. To me, the saddest scene in all of Star Wars.
    Agreed. Seeing all those Jedi leading their loyal forces. Said loyal forces put their hands up to their helms to receive a message, turn their heads, and mow down the leaders they would've died for moments before. Also the look on Yoda's face as he felt all their deaths.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Agreed. Seeing all those Jedi leading their loyal forces. Said loyal forces put their hands up to their helms to receive a message, turn their heads, and mow down the leaders they would've died for moments before. Also the look on Yoda's face as he felt all their deaths.
    The moment he jumped up to behead the two Storm Troopers before climbing on Chewie's shoulder, the theater erupted though.