Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Parliament approves raising the age of consent to 16

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/nat...51_288883.html

Korea's legal age of consent is set to be raised to 16 from 13 after parliamentary approval.

On Wednesday, the National Assembly passed revisions to the criminal law to better protect children under 16 from sexual exploitation.

President Moon Jae-in is expected to sign it into law in two weeks.

The age of consent is that at which a person is considered mature and competent enough to consent to sexual activity. An adult who engages in sexual acts with a person under the age could be charged with child sexual abuse or rape.

Korea has long been criticized for keeping the legal benchmark too low. In Russia and Finland, it is 16; in California and Florida, it is 18.

New law to criminalize watching illegally filmed sex videos

The set of bills passed that day includes punishing those who watch illegally filmed videos of sexual acts.

Under the new sex crime act, people who possess, purchase, store or watch such videos can face up to three years in prison or a maximum fine of 30 million won ($24,610).

After the Nth room case came into the spotlight, calls have grown to toughen punishment for child sex abusers.

More than 100 people, including 26 underage girls, are known to have been victimized in the case. Police have arrested and revealed the identities of three key suspects, Cho Ju-bin, Kang Hoon and Lee Won-ho.

Mod Edit: This thread is closed.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-05-08 at 01:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, theoretically, a 16 year old who's in a relationship with a 13 year old is, under the new law, a paedophile when they aren't right now?

Don't get me wrong though, I think it's a good move.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    So, theoretically, a 16 year old who's in a relationship with a 13 year old is, under the new law, a paedophile when they aren't right now?
    I think people are way too fixated on that word... It has a specific meaning, and a young person interested in/attracted to/in a relationship with another young person doesn't qualify. Whether or not the law allows people that young to be exempt from restrictions like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I think people are way too fixated on that word... It has a specific meaning, and a young person interested in/attracted to/in a relationship with another young person doesn't qualify. Whether or not the law allows people that young to be exempt from restrictions like this.
    Well fine then:
    So, theoretically, a 16 year old who's in a relationship with a 13 year old is, under the new law, a sex offender when they aren't right now?
    There, answer the question instead of being a pedant

People shouldn't be allowed to have sex before 25 - that is when the average adult brain has matured to the necessary level where sex will not be misinterpreted.

Well fine then:

There, answer the question instead of being a pedant
    i think it depends on how the law is build really.

If they go full anal with the rules/the law, the 16yo might be charged as a sex offender/whatever youre gonna call it.

On the other hand if they do like some countries, there's going to be some wiggleroom where an age gap across the age of consent is allowed.
    Where i live the AOC is 15, but if a 16yo have sex with a 14yo, it'd be considered ''within reason'' if there its consentual and no presence of a authorotative relationship.. if it were an 18yo though, he'd be charged for sexual misconduct with a minor.
    Last edited by freezion; 2020-05-06 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    People shouldn't be allowed to have sex before 25 - that is when the average adult brain has matured to the necessary level where sex will not be misinterpreted.
    ok 1950's preacher.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    ok 1950's preacher.
    Innacurate comment, as back in the days if you were not married at age 25 you were in danger of becoming an old maid already.
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang View Post
    Innacurate comment, as back in the days if you were not married at age 25 you were in danger of becoming an old maid already.
    Sure Chairman Yang, but maybe quote the guy making the ridiculous statement rather than nit picking my joke, kek.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is supposed to be sarcasm?

I mean yeah, it's kind of a strange topic all around. Sex has been a natural part of human behavior for...since humans existed. And yeah, it happened at 13, and it happened at 70. And yeah, we survived though it. In the last few hundred years we've chosen to go down the path of stigmatizing sex in general for some good reasons and some bad reasons. Birth control was non-existent and diseases were extremely prevalent so I can see why it made sense at the time. But technology has developed and I think this stigma is doing more harm than good in the modern era.

Back to your comment though, waiting for maximum brain maturity makes very little sense and I'm sure you agree with that. That's like waiting to teach math until we develop our frontal lobes - except sexual interactions are more fundamental to our biology than math is. I think that concept is actually going in the wrong direction - the more stigma we attach to sex and the bigger a deal we make it out to be, the more under-developed, vulnerable, and prone to trauma we will be when things don't go exactly as planned. Not to mention that people will have a harder time talking about sexual interactions, which makes communicating wrongdoing or potential trauma much more difficult.

On the thread topic, something needed to be done about Korea's recent sexual abuse scandals. Maybe this was the right thing to be done, or maybe it was something else. I'm not sure; I'm glad action is being taken though, and maybe it'll turn out great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    i think it depends on how the law is build really.

If they go full anal, the 16yo might be charged as a sex offender/whatever youre gonna call it.
    Sooooooooooo...

vaginal is fine?

10+ Year Old Account
    Preaching abstinence like that doesn't work. Teens will try regardless of whether you want them to or not.

You're much better off providing them with proper education about sex, as well as free readily available contraceptives. Places that do this have much lower rates of teen pregnancies etc across the board, than the ones that are all about abstinence.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Places that do this have much lower rates of teen pregnancies etc across the board, than the ones that are all about abstinence.
    Out of the three body cavities, only one leads to pregnancy. Maybe the kids have just figured out to use the other two more.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Preaching abstinence like that doesn't work. Teens will try regardless of whether you want them to or not.

You're much better off providing them with proper education about sex, as well as free readily available contraceptives. Places that do this have much lower rates of teen pregnancies etc across the board, than the ones that are all about abstinence.
    Then offer free abortions - that would slow down the mammoth population growth we've had over the last 100 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Sooooooooooo...

vaginal is fine?
    Shit, just re-read it, and it definitely didnt go that way in my head when i wrote it.

10+ Year Old Account
    good looks like korea is on the right track.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    they might not "qualify" but there are plenty of states and countries that still made it illegal and WILL send you to jail and categorize you as a sex offender. Even if you are messing around with someone else in your own high school.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Don't get me wrong though, I think it's a good move.
    A 16 year old would be a pedophile if they had sex with a 13 year old though... that's literally the cut off age of pedophilia in relation to prepubescent/early pubescent children (<13 years old).
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2020-05-06 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    A 16 year old would be a pedophile if they had sex with a 13 year old though... that's literally the cut off age of pedophilia (<13 years old).
    No pedophilia does not have an actual age associated with it. It has everything to do with puberty. the age range can be substantial from individual to individual.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    No pedophilia does not have an actual age associated with it. It has everything to do with puberty. the age range can be substantial from individual to individual.
    It actually does have an age associated with it as a cut off age for what constitutes pedophilia, which is generally considered to be around 13. Although you're right about it being about puberty, but that doesn't really change the fact when you have pubescent adolescents/biological adults going after prepubescent/early stage pubescent kids is still pedophilia and pretty unnatural.