Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    DW would be really fun as survival. Give them the monk treatment where you get a bonus for 2h and a different bonus for DW so we can pick what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by covlol View Post
    DW would be really fun as survival. Give them the monk treatment where you get a bonus for 2h and a different bonus for DW so we can pick what we want.
    They haven't even given the monks the monk treatment yet. They claimed you can use 2h or dual wield, but you still can't cast fist of fury with a 2hander equipped on alpha *facepalm*. However, dual wielding axes -is- all about that survival hunter image. The polearm thing is just meh, I usually transmog mine as a 2hand katana.

Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    I mean, monks don't actually use their weapon, they use their fists, which is not the same as having animations for using a two handed weapon while also having animations for using two one handed weapons for the same ability. Plus, one wonders how abilities like harpoon would work with two axes instead of a pole arm.
    It would work the same way it currently works with Demon Hunters using "throw glaive" despite having 2 fist weapons equipped.

Survival shouldn't even be melee, let alone dual wield.

Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    I mean, monks don't actually use their weapon, they use their fists, which is not the same as having animations for using a two handed weapon while also having animations for using two one handed weapons for the same ability. Plus, one wonders how abilities like harpoon would work with two axes instead of a pole arm.
    A bit late to the party.
    Survival Hunters 2H animation work just fine with Dual Wield 1H weapons.
    Grabbed today on live servers. As you can see, even with Mongoose Bite talent, which changes attack animation per stack, animations work just fine so there is actually no reason for them to hold back DW.

Besides, Survival literally got 3 changes so far in Shadowlands (reduced cost on Chakrams and Number Tuning for Serpent Sting and Carve) so giving us atleast DW would reduce our saltiness a bit because - Blizz why u no love Survival or listen our feedback?

Edit: Equipped weapons are 1H Swords - Ogre Pocket Knife
    Edit2: Just checked Harpoon animation as well. It was revamped in BfA beta and weapon tossing component was removed so no matter what weapon/transmog you use Harpoon uses same, Harpoon, animation.

Video is not the best showcase as i haven't put a lot of effort in rotation or better camera angles, just wanted to quick-grab video.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2020-07-23 at 01:22 AM.