Barbed shot question

New to BM, So during a fight, if I have frenzy at 3 stacks and I cap my barbed shot charges should I spend one or hold it? Is it a dps loss to use it when I don't need the frenzy refreshed?

Quote Originally Posted by Hero2Zer0 View Post
    New to BM, So during a fight, if I have frenzy at 3 stacks and I cap my barbed shot charges should I spend one or hold it? Is it a dps loss to use it when I don't need the frenzy refreshed?
    Always aim to keep your Frenzy-buff at 3 stacks for as long as possible.

If you're about to reach 2 full charges of Barbed Shot from the regular CD or if you suddenly get a Wild Call proc(and therefor reach 2 charges) then use 1 of those immediately, even if the current Frenzy-buff is still active.

If you play without the Primal Instincts - Azerite trait in general or, if you do use it but you're currently not in a phase where you're about to do an opener sequence, then just keep using Barbed Shot whenever the Frenzy-buff is about to run out(pref not before then). Still keep with the part above about not capping on charges.
    Last edited by F Rm; 2020-05-06 at 05:49 AM.

Also, remember that using Barbed Shot reduces the CD of BW

Thanks, I thought I was doing it right by not letting barbed shot cap,

its a general rule across all classes to never let a multicharge spell sit with a charge not on cooldown.

Thanks, I thought I was doing it right by not letting barbed shot cap,
    Remember that not only does Barbed Shot do its own damage (even though it's relatively low it's still a non-negligible amount of your total damage during a fight) and there's the CDR already mentioned but you also have Stomp which adds additional damage value to Barbed Shot.

P.S. Fishing for Dance of Death procs is more important than Frenzy maintenance. Good uptime of Dance of Death will come with good Frenzy uptime.

You could hang on to 1 out of 2 charges, but if your crit is high enough just use them every time they come up. You'll get more Bestial Wrath uptime that ends up doing more damage than saving them would. With 1700 crit rating, I'm getting so many Wild Call procs that I'm pretty much always in Bestial Wrath. Sometimes even overlapping (the previous BW hasn't expired before I can use it again).

So at what crit do we spam Barb on cooldown? I see all the hunters doing it on YT