Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    It's a good reason when the established races have the background of being proficient in learning in the very area where the trade can be taught.

What on earth do mounts and pets have to do with the class being playable? Gnomes like magic, aren't adverse to learning more taboo magics (hence, Warlocks) and are good at it. They have an incentive to master the magic in the name of progress and experimentation. The Gnomes, as a result of their inquisitive nature, would be very inclined to explore all avenues of magic in order to just know how it ticks. Just to understand, just to know. Gnomes are learners and thinkers, and they revel in the opportunity to study and understand new novel concepts and ideas. They're quizzical by nature. Learning Druidism and Shamanism can help them understand more of the natural world - and thus, the Titans. As if understanding more about earth wouldn't lead to them understanding better the materials they're working with as Engineers by itself.
    I think that Humans are very keen on magics, and have a great proficiency in magics as their thing. They're essentially power sponges, but not like Elved that just absorb magical energies. So yeah, there is no reason that Humans couldn't be Druid, or Shaman by what you stated previously about being around teachers for years now. Going back to Arathi Highlands, once a great Human hub, it is covered with tons of Elemental zones. There's no real reason that they couldn't have gotten into Elemental commune then.

As for Gnomes, while they are painted at being highly intelligent, I'm going to agree with Saltysquidoon about Gnomes being Druids or Shamans. They are intelligent and proficient with Magic, in that Arcane magic is supposed to be pure mathematics in the Warcraft universe. They do not have any real connection, or desire to push for natural understanding.

If Stormwind Humans could become Druids, or Shaman as well, they could canonically fix up Westfall of the elemental destruction and nourish the land to be a verdant, farming haven. The refugees would no longer be homeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    It was an example of their culture... to show they have no synergy with nature or affinity for the natural world.
    There is more to being a druid then being a 'leaf mage', gnomes are good at magic because they're intelligent and good at understanding rules and principles.
    You don't learn to be a druid by reading a grimoire so you can cast treebolt, you have to meditate and commune with other druids, the wild gods and the emerald dream to understand and embrace the 'essence of the bear, or the snake, or the crow or the wolf'.
    They have to take from the natural world to make the very machines that make up their culture. Even with a culture dependent on technology they are still dependent on natural resources. They have to hunt and eat as well. They still need to collect from the land and understand it to make the very things they're using and even just to survive. Druids, even without precedent of tomes and Shan'do to show Gnomes the rules and principles of Druidism can still with the scientific method learn for themselves. Ask questions, create a hypothesis, test, get results, form conclusions. This is what it means to be a good scientist. For Gnomes a lot of their culture comes from the Titans, their purpose in being put in this world and understanding their place in it.

The Emerald Dream is often cited as a blueprint of Azeroth - a very scientific description, that would intrigue Gnomes into wanting to understand how this blueprint of Azeroth works and how it relates to the world around them. Understanding the world can better help them understand not only the materials they work with in Engineering, but the natural laws of the universe as a whole. The natural, physical, intrinsic scientific principles of this fantastical universe. The entire universe is afloat of many differing cosmic forces of many differing types of magic, and to understand more the Gnomes would need to seek out this knowledge however they could. So a Gnome has to commune with other druids, wild gods, and the emerald dream - a step in their understanding. Why can't they do this? It's part of their study, their learning, their scientific method. Gnomes are quizzical, they're curious, and hungry for knowledge. That is who they are. And especially as adventurers who go out into the world for answers and adventure and fame and fortune and knowledge it is hardly appropriate for a player character to be just of the place they grew up because they are literally leaving it behind.

They took up being Priests and Hunters recently, and despite them approaching these fields in different ways than is probably traditional they can do the same for Druids and Shaman. The goal for them is to understand and wield the magic. Once they get there and start using it, they can figure out how it fits into their society. Druids would be useful to grow food, to make clean air in their city and to make it less polluted - something they would care an awful lot about since the irradiation incident. Shaman can help them with earth, fire, water, air -- all things they need, even in their great city of Gnomeregan. Especially when so much of their civilization is in a constant state of disrepair, they'll need all the help they can get to rebuild.

When you have Goblin shamans, there really is no point for class restrictions anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Atriel View Post
    As it currently stands, Alliance has three races that can be Druids, while Horde have four. There is no reason why Humans should not be able to be Druids at this point. They have been around Night Elves, Worgen and now Kul Tirans enough to have learned Druid ways.

Feral form would fit nicely for a full lion appearance for the mascot of Stormwind Humans.

Their travel form would have to be a horse though, that would be the only drawback...

I really wish that they were planning on adding some new Race/Class combos in Shadowlands. One can dream, I guess.

Addition: If the Night Fae Fauns become playable, they would be a cool race option, I could see their forms being more plantoid like the Sylvari plant cats from Guild Wars 2. Though, there is no guarantee they will become playable, or have druid as a class option, and won't be added for a very long time...
    Robodruid for Alliance. Mechagnome would the best option, moreso than Human.

As it currently stands, Alliance has three races that can be Druids, while Horde have four. There is no reason why Humans should not be able to be Druids at this point. They have been around Night Elves, Worgen and now Kul Tirans enough to have learned Druid ways.

Feral form would fit nicely for a full lion appearance for the mascot of Stormwind Humans.

Their travel form would have to be a horse though, that would be the only drawback...

I really wish that they were planning on adding some new Race/Class combos in Shadowlands. One can dream, I guess.

Addition: If the Night Fae Fauns become playable, they would be a cool race option, I could see their forms being more plantoid like the Sylvari plant cats from Guild Wars 2. Though, there is no guarantee they will become playable, or have druid as a class option, and won't be added for a very long time...
    Clearly the op is a secret Hordie trying to ram more horses down the Alliance's throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkscar23 View Post
    Robodruid for Alliance. Mechagnome would the best option, moreso than Human.
    Had they made real mechagnomes I'd agree with you but atm you would either end up with an organic bear head and torso with humanoid mech limbs or if the robot parts transform then you would still have the hideous gnome parts with robotic animal limbs.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-05-09 at 12:34 AM.

They have to take from the natural world to make the very machines that make up their culture. Even with a culture dependent on technology they are still dependent on natural resources. They have to hunt and eat as well. They still need to collect from the land and understand it to make the very things they're using and even just to survive. Druids, even without precedent of tomes and Shan'do to show Gnomes the rules and principles of Druidism can still with the scientific method learn for themselves. Ask questions, create a hypothesis, test, get results, form conclusions. This is what it means to be a good scientist. For Gnomes a lot of their culture comes from the Titans, their purpose in being put in this world and understanding their place in it.
    M8 you're overthinking it this is warcraft, not tolkein.
    Gnomes are associated with tech and robots, tech is artificial and according to blizzard logic opposed by nature. However, in the vein of Tolkien blizzard have shown using natural resources is not the same as appreciating nature, there are probably at least 100 quests where druids/tauren/nightelves are getting booty blasted at golbins (and gnomes but mostly goblins) wrecking the environment to feed their tech.
    Don't forget the gnomes nuked their capital.

The Emerald Dream is often cited as a blueprint of Azeroth - a very scientific description, that would intrigue Gnomes into wanting to understand how this blueprint of Azeroth works and how it relates to the world around them. Understanding the world can better help them understand not only the materials they work with in Engineering, but the natural laws of the universe as a whole. The natural, physical, intrinsic scientific principles of this fantastical universe. The entire universe is afloat of many differing cosmic forces of many differing types of magic, and to understand more the Gnomes would need to seek out this knowledge however they could. So a Gnome has to commune with other druids, wild gods, and the emerald dream - a step in their understanding. Why can't they do this? It's part of their study, their learning, their scientific method. Gnomes are quizzical, they're curious, and hungry for knowledge. That is who they are. And especially as adventurers who go out into the world for answers and adventure and fame and fortune and knowledge it is hardly appropriate for a player character to be just of the place they grew up because they are literally leaving it behind.
    Same thing you're overthinking it again.
    In warcraft arcane magic is maths and science, it's taught in the same manner as traditional schooling. Blizzard says gnomes are book smart ergo they are good at Arcane casting.
    Nature magic is all about the 'vibe' and the 'feel' and symbiosis with nature and communing with the wild gods and stuff like that.

They took up being Priests and Hunters recently, and despite them approaching these fields in different ways than is probably traditional they can do the same for Druids and Shaman. The goal for them is to understand and wield the magic. Once they get there and start using it, they can figure out how it fits into their society. Druids would be useful to grow food, to make clean air in their city and to make it less polluted - something they would care an awful lot about since the irradiation incident. Shaman can help them with earth, fire, water, air -- all things they need, even in their great city of Gnomeregan. Especially when so much of their civilization is in a constant state of disrepair, they'll need all the help they can get to rebuild.
    The hunter thing was blizzard literally caving into a meme and they took the time to give them robotic pets to show that affinity for artificial over nature.
    The point is blizzard logic is gnomes have an affinity for tech and book learning which means they don't have an affinity for nature.

Look, Blizzard could announce gnome druids tomorrow and completely invalidate my points (they've done similar in the past), but as it stands there's no reason gnomes would care about the philosophy behind druidism.

Quote Originally Posted by TSM View Post
    When you have Goblin shamans, there really is no point for class restrictions anymore.
    Yeah, the reason I'm not touching shamans in this discussion is; "Dude lmao they paid off the spirits to work for them" is just about the dumbest thing ever written in the history of warcraft.

Once you stoop to that level anything can happen.
    Dude, I paid illidan to make me a demon hunter
    Dude, I paid the light to work for me
    Dude, I paid xuen to teach me to kick
    Dude, I paid Cenarius to make me a bear

I still want to see gnome druids, just because I want Blizz to have the kitty/bear/moonkin models be battle pet models. Lore be damned!
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the idea of having Draneai Druids, and IMHO they are more in line for the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Horde has 3 Paladin races, Alliance has 5. It's a kind of balance.
    Balance? Horde has 9 shamans, while Alliance only has 5. Plus, in my opinion, it's kind of messed up that a class that is so rooted in night elf lore (and was NE-only in WC3) now has more Horde than Alliance races in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I prefer the idea of having Draneai Druids, and IMHO they are more in line for the class.
    Why do you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Deepelfeos View Post
    Honestly, at this point, there's not much reason to have any race/class restrictions.
    There have never been a better reason to have them. People arent stopping to ask for nonsensical class/restrictions.

The point that only some races can play specific classes is a huge part of racial identitiy and lore.

Your choice is race should matter.

There should be LESS class/combos not more.

We already have human druids. Go visit Gilneas.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by stariv View Post
    I think blizz has already gone too far with race/class combos. specifically with Tauren paladins. enough is enough, I don't think there needs to be any additions, but that's just me.
    Thank you.

And maghar priests and tauren monks etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenei druid pls.

Travel form: Goat
    Cat form: Goat
    Bear form: Goat
    Moonkin: Goat

Pls
    Hi

I see no issue with removing class restrictions entirely, but i would prefer it be rolled out slowly with the implementation of class skins(( i.e. a void elf paladin would be purple instead of golden abilities, and undead druid would have undead animal forms and fungal/decay animations.))

But as others have said there is already some ridiculous class combos playable and there seems to be no rhyme or reason, so why sit on the fence at this point. Goblin can be shaman but monk isn't possible for seemingly no reason. The only issue would be blizzard complaining about being a small indie company and unable to make druid forms and shaman totems for every race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you say that?
    Well they are more nature oriented that humans (after the whole Draenor debacle, the lost most of their arcane oriented nature), also one of their first allies are the Furbolgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    We already have human druids. Go visit Gilneas.
    If Worgen count as human then there's no reason not to give regular humans druids too. If worgen don't count as humans then we don't have human druids so your argument makes no sense.

Not saying I'm for or against, but logic is faulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Draenei druid pls.

Travel form: Goat
    Cat form: Goat
    Bear form: Goat
    Moonkin: Goat

Pls
    Well putting aside the memes, i don't even expect them to get a Goat form, i imagine they would get something like this:

Flying form: Butterfly or Manarays
    Travel Form: Talbuks
    Cat form: Panthara
    Bear form: Basilisk? Riverbeasts?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TorAndre View Post
    Thank you.

And maghar priests and tauren monks etc.
    But Maghar priests are not that outlandish, we have seen Orc priests a lot, though normally enemies, but also normally Shadow priests, if i remember correctly the whole Priests for Maghars is based around the Shadowmoon clan of Orcs, though they are mainly (if not only) Shadow priests, but that could have changed with the purification of the Naaru (the black star they took their power from)

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    If Worgen count as human then there's no reason not to give regular humans druids too. If worgen don't count as humans then we don't have human druids so your argument makes no sense.

Not saying I'm for or against, but logic is faulty.
    Kul Tirans can be druids, so either way, there are humans who can be druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well putting aside the memes, i don't even expect them to get a Goat form, i imagine they would get something like this:

Flying form: Butterfly or Manarays
    Travel Form: Talbuks
    Cat form: Panthara
    Bear form: Basilisk? Riverbeasts?
    Elekk, give 'em the tusks.

Only if I get my Mechagnome Transformer Druids.