Thread: Unholy in M+

  1. #1

    Unholy in M+

    Hi guys quick question.

    I've been doing regular 15/16 runs as unholy and was looking to push a bit higher. I've been simming my dungeon gear on Simcraft for the whole expansion, and its been recommending a haste/crit build, but I notice on the higher ranking DKs that they're running very very heavy mastery builds.

    so the questions

    1)is this purely due to them pulling very large in the higher keys, where the mastery on popping wounds just wrecks? Or is the sim just not correct, and I should be running the same for the level I'm at.

    2) Also is there a situation/mastery level where clawing shadows is used?

    3) Should I be using TD3/4 over +mastery and/or +haste corruptions

    I have loads of gearing options and corruptions so would be good to know which direction I should be heading in.

  2. #2
    Dreadlord Sharby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    942
    Its important to note that there's a meta and then there's a special meta in the very top end of gameplay.



    DK's doing the highest keys are usually mass-pulling to the point where wounds/sores will always be your most valued damage.



    However, in more practical scenarios there are times where you won't be getting much value out of sores, which haste/crit helps offset those dead periods DPS wise. I'd say to use secondary corrups over TD simply due to the fact that UH scales harder with them.




    But this is my take on it.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

  3. #3
    Don't use TD as Unholy, you'll get more bang for buck out of %stats, Also unless you're doing MDI style pulls you need a healthy mix of crit/haste/mastery i'd suggest no lower than 20/20/50, obviously more of everthing is better.

    Also Clawing shadows becomes good at around 50% but you NEVER want to use it in M+. Take IC/BS for M+ and never change them no matter fort or tyr, you are the trash monster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

    Azharok - Dalaran EU

  4. #4
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the help. I’m not really too good at M+ and mainly do the minimum per week. I logged out in my dungeon DPS gear

    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...draenor/caedal

    I have pretty good gear, considering I’ve quit raiding, and have lots of gear options in my bank. I can get mastery up to 90% but my single target does suffer. I also tried the icecap build for m+ but couldn’t remotely match my unholy damage
    Last edited by Bexlyn; 2020-05-09 at 06:19 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexlyn View Post
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the help. I’m not really too good at M+ and mainly do the minimum per week. I logged out in my dungeon DPS gear

    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...draenor/caedal

    I have pretty good gear, considering I’ve quit raiding, and have lots of gear options in my bank. I can get mastery up to 90% but my single target does suffer. I also tried the icecap build for m+ but couldn’t remotely match my unholy damage
    Isn't 1x Helchains good to pick for M+? I'm not sure if you should use a Str gem at all either.

    Also, I hate you for having those rings.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexlyn View Post
    Hi guys quick question.

    I've been doing regular 15/16 runs as unholy and was looking to push a bit higher. I've been simming my dungeon gear on Simcraft for the whole expansion, and its been recommending a haste/crit build, but I notice on the higher ranking DKs that they're running very very heavy mastery builds.

    so the questions

    1)is this purely due to them pulling very large in the higher keys, where the mastery on popping wounds just wrecks? Or is the sim just not correct, and I should be running the same for the level I'm at.

    2) Also is there a situation/mastery level where clawing shadows is used?

    3) Should I be using TD3/4 over +mastery and/or +haste corruptions

    I have loads of gearing options and corruptions so would be good to know which direction I should be heading in.
    Sim’ing is always good but for high M+ keys it’s better to try out the different gear combinations in dungeons yourself. Then “simply” just choose what you find gives you the best performance.

  7. #7
    Cheers guys. 2 more questions.

    1) With the new corruption vendor, is it still the +12% haste we'll be looking for, or are we going to be trying to stack gushing wound like other classes?
    2) I have a 475 Geti'ikku with Stars 2 on it, is it worth cleansing and using instead of my 475 cleansed Sk'Shuul Vaz? previously Geti'ikku has always simmed much higher than any other weapon, but mine is simming lower. Not sure if its a bug?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexlyn View Post
    Cheers guys. 2 more questions.

    1) With the new corruption vendor, is it still the +12% haste we'll be looking for, or are we going to be trying to stack gushing wound like other classes?
    2) I have a 475 Geti'ikku with Stars 2 on it, is it worth cleansing and using instead of my 475 cleansed Sk'Shuul Vaz? previously Geti'ikku has always simmed much higher than any other weapon, but mine is simming lower. Not sure if its a bug?
    Both of theese answers honestly needs to be simmed. In general % stats are extremly good for us, especially Exp 3. TD is a toss-up as it's value depends heavily on what pulls / proc timer / affixes there are.

    About the weapon, once again it needs to be simmed, but once again because of the sheer volume of str we get from Festermight, secondary stats value becomes much higher.

  9. #9
    Stars is dogshit for anything outside of pure ST. For M+ you can stack Exp3 with one RP3 and you should be good to go.
    Also get a Vial of Animated blood for M+ it's BiS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

    Azharok - Dalaran EU

  10. #10
    I have a 475 Vial, which is sitting in my bank.....

    Which of the trinkets should I switch out?

    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...draenor/caedal

    Also am I running too much haste. Have 51% base haste plus the 2 haste trinkets, 4 Exp 12%, 1 RP3, haste proc mech ring combo. I've seen my stats hit 150% haste, is that the cap?

  11. #11
    You should sim which trinket you switch out to be more accurate. But if I had to guess i'd keep Vita.
    You can never have too much haste. Don't worry about your stats.

    If you want more in depth info, you should join the class discord. You'll get better infos all-roun there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

    Azharok - Dalaran EU

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •