Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Because otherwise it wouldn't boot in three seconds. They are not inventing shit - they don't create new ssds, they don't create custom ssd firmware, they don't modify EFI, they don't modify systemd or whatever init system, they don't modify the kernel, etc etc etc. Everything is known and they just adjust configs (make menuconfig to check/uncheck kernel modules - hackerman_meme.jpg) and remove software to make it boot faster... Come on...

They cry about Windos spyware, but don't even encrypt their ssds, Linux people are not to be taken seriously. They have been believing that $YEAR is the year of desktop linux since like 2006, don't do linux as a hobby or daily desktop/laptop driver, stay safe.
    So you are just shitting on Linux, okay there idev

In the past I used to keep my PC on for literally months on end. I used to only turn it off if I was leaving my flat for more than 1 day, which was like once or twice per year. All of my teenage years and early adulthood the PC was on basically all the time.

In the beginning I used to do that to download stuff over night. Back in the early 2000s the internet speeds were pretty poor and at the same time this was 'the age of the pirate' so everything could be downloaded easily from p2p networks or even ftp servers. Only a moron would turn the pc off if you can download a movie or two overnight.
    Then came all those on-line text games that you get benefits in if you do something at night. Turning it on and off all the time just seemed like a waste of time.

Many years later I finally transitioned to a ssd drive as well as I stopped playing all those weird browser games so I lost the need to keep the PC on at night. Of course the downloading part disappeared years ago when internet speeds improved.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Every night because I have an SSD.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    I reboot about once a month ish... I keep it going 24/7 because not only do I use it for gaming/browsing etc, it's used as a Plex server too.