Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Mod warnings are not optional "if you feel like it" suggestions. Stay on topic.

Edit: I'm removing off topic posts to attempt again to get this back on track. If you disagree with the topic or find the source dubious then debate it.
    What kind of double standard are you working with here? The same fakenews conspiracy theory nonsense was posted earlier, it got locked and the poster infracted. What is there to discuss? What kind of ridiculous forum is this?

Are we supposed to debate the nature of reality? What the fuck?
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Outright conspiracy theories do not deserve the effort of a debate, only ridicule.
    I'm not sure what that would leave given both US political parties buy into crap like this. The Republicans have their covid crap and the Democrats have their "Russia, Russia, Russia" horseshit. Neither of those things or other similar discussions get deleted.

lol

Brb, starting a "NASA lies about flat earth to indoctrinate the sheeple into their globe religion" thread, since these things are now up for debate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Mod warnings are not optional "if you feel like it" suggestions. Stay on topic.

Edit: I'm removing off topic posts to attempt again to get this back on track. If you disagree with the topic or find the source dubious then debate it.
    Just for the record i am now free to start threads about previously banned topics? If i am not that means i am not allowed to discuss a conspiracy theories and thus the content of this thread or am i to discuss the quality of reporting from "the federalist"? It can't be that since you just stated you are going to remove off topic posts.

Also if we are to debate the source as you said we can how dubious it is, can we than not also debate the intend of those who post these kind of sources? As they offer no personal opinion beyond the title and thus merely echo the article, making it so their intend and quality of posting is directly tied to that of the source if not the same.

Requesting clarification as i would like to start some debates that are heavily rooted in believe and religion, while this sudden change in policy got me all confused.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2020-05-11 at 09:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only this thread is an infraction bait.

It will turn into the usual Red vs Blue bullshit, where every side will pile up fake crap and half-truths at each other and won't budge an inch, so what is the fucking point in all this anyway?

Whether whatever OP has linked is true, fake or half-true/fake, it does not matter really and I just don't see how this can turn into actual discussion worth talking about. But then I guess, the whole US politics crap turns into inevitable "us vs them" crap regardless of facts, so why bother.

The funny thing is Republicans cheerlead these practices for years. The "law and order" party. It wasn't until it shit in thier own yard it was a problem. While it isn't the cleanest law enforcement the practice is what has taken down mafia bosses and the like. You know.. criminals rich and powerful enough to move and work internationally while manipulating the system with wealth and connections. Just another example of Republicans only disliking systems that catch them in the act while endorsing it when it doesn't.

The idea that you can undermine a failure like Trump to hurt a poorly done campaign and somehow ruin a presidency that has only been mired in failure, corruption, greed, scandal, and pure unadulterated misery from the start is fucking insane. Then when you add how this was in some way a "coup" makes you more ignorant than the Annoying Orange you worship. What only makes it worse is then you then try and pass this is off as "real knowledge" by using a site that would be lower on the list of allowed sources than Wikipedia in a public high school.

This 2nd attempt at this is so unbelievably fucking lame in every sense of the word.

Trump was told about Russia. Trump tried to accept dirt from Russia.....I mean tried to talk about adoption with Russia. Trump did nothing to tell the FBI when Russia came his way. It's been proven Russia absolutely helped Trump through other means.

You keep being you though, maybe one day if you retweet Trump enough he'll put you on his cabinet for you being such a good soldier.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    It is funny how the very same people are fine with china WHO conspiracy theories or Russia Trump conspiracy theories as long as it fits their narrative, but the will to censor everything contradictory to their belief goes through the roof. Even credibility of their favourite news source is never questioned

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    It is funny how the very same people are fine with china WHO conspiracy theories or Russia Trump conspiracy theories as long as it fits their narrative, but the will to censor everything contradictory to their belief goes through the roof. Even credibility of their favourite news source is never questioned

[IMG]https://i1.wp.com/mediabiasfactcheck.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/left10.png[/IG]
    [IMG]https://i2.wp.com/mediabiasfactcheck.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/MBFCMixed.png[/IG]
    Aw, look at you trying some whataboutism. What does this have to do with CNN again?

This thread is pure bait.

Great moderating as usual.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2020-05-11 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Discussing moderation

10+ Year Old Account

[IMG]https://i1.wp.com/mediabiasfactcheck.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/left10.png[IMG]
    [IMG]https://i2.wp.com/mediabiasfactcheck.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/MBFCMixed.png[IMG]
    Nobody holds CNN to a pristine standard, they are know for their flaws of rushing reporting but they do correct themselves afterwards. You are free to point out conspiracy theories of the same level on CNN.

And as to why Russia has a terrible name, you may thank Putin and its putinista's for that. Once the Kremlin displays accountability and maturity these things will go away. Till then, enjoy https://euvsdisinfo.eu/

ps: You know it's a conspiracy theory when the putinista's have to come out to defend it. So thanks for the unnecessary confirmation?

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    This thread is pure bait.

Great moderating as usual.
    But it's allowed while the other one is banned! So much logic is going on here!

I'll be over here making flat earth and anti-vaxx threads now. After all, it's fine! Mods say so! Yippee!

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2020-05-11 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Discussing moderation

There has been a perception that topics and threads considered important to particular ideologies are getting locked under the assumption we are policing or enforcing specific opinions. The reality is that mods are trying to address the frequent intense personal back-and-forth flaming, baiting, and derailments that those threads often trigger and the lack of meaningful discussion therein. We could see that was a demand for this topic to be debated among users, and after discussion with the team it was decided to give people a chance to do so.
    Threads in the past may have been handled in a less than ideal way and we're trying to improve that.

Having said that, derailment is still derailment and discussing moderation is still against the rules.

[CNN,] their favourite news source
    Yes, we all know that Trumpkins like to believe that. But as with most things they believe, it has little basis in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    We could see that was a demand for this topic to be debated among users, and after discussion with the team it was decided to give people a chance to do so.
    It's odd to give conspiracies a chance after banning it the first time. Why not just unlock the other and merge them then? That there makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    There has been a perception that topics and threads considered important to particular ideologies are getting locked under the assumption we are policing or enforcing specific opinions. The reality is that mods are trying to address the frequent intense personal back-and-forth flaming, baiting, and derailments that those threads often trigger and the lack of meaningful discussion therein. We could see that was a demand for this topic to be debated among users, and after discussion with the team it was decided to give people a chance to do so.
    Threads in the past may have been handled in a less than ideal way and we're trying to improve that.

Having said that, derailment is still derailment and discussing moderation is still against the rules.
    What a bunch of clowns.

How are we supposed to know what the rules even are any more?
    /s

What a load of crap. I don't want to go off topic so the answer to the threads title is: Neither of the above, its a horseshit conspiracy spun by someone trying to make a quick buck off the suckers that believe in this administration. Hence the mention of the authors' book.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    There is zero need to discuss this topic as it is complete and utter conspiracy horseshit, and last I checked, discussion about conspiracy theories is not allowed on this site.

If you feel like there is "intense personal back-and forth flaming" going on in threads, it is because the moderator team refuses to ban and infract known trolls and alt accounts, and the only course of action left to anyone who wants to have actual discussion is to low-key insult and try to trigger the trolls into saying something infraction worthy.

You may not like it, but this is the reality that this site has chosen by implementing shitty rules and shittily enforcing said rules.
    Also, if one particular ideology happens to be rife with conspiracy theories, they should therefore be allowed to post them or it's somehow "unfair"? That's really not a good reason to legitimize conspiracy theories.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account

Thank you for the clarification but with all due respect it makes no sense.
    People from said political ideology are free to create topics to debate things about if they are in fact grounded in somewhat of a reality, this is legitimizing topics like the whole "Obama birther discussion".

I also would like to warn you that your explanation can be understood as creating favourable environment for a specific political ideology while the other is not granted such freedoms.

10+ Year Old Account

Maybe do some sort of AMA or something. IMO, there are quite a few things need addressing and it would be nice to get input on those from the horse's mouth, instead of trying to guess.

As for this thread specifically, it would be ok-ish if it wasn't locked first time around. Deciding to let it go after it was re-posted from the locked thread is a mistake that will encourage this behavior.