Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

4 months of nothing to play

How is everyone holding up?
    There is quite literally nothing good coming out until September, and then they all come out at once and you won't know what to spend your money on.

I quit WoW late February as I got really bored, and I'm not coming back to WoW until the SL prepatch.

Basically, the nearest thing that's playable for me is Wasteland 3, which is coming out on August 28th. Then I'll check out New World, though I have no high expectations out of it, then it's Cyberpunk at the end of September, and then obviously SL sometime between October and December.

Oh and Outriders is in there somewhere, considering the release date just says "Holydays 2020", so between June and September at some point.

Right now I'm still dragging modded Skyrim along for the 3000+ hrs, and doing mostly a few forums and watching Lirik and Asmongold on Twitch. Otherwise I wouldn't even turn on the computer.

I'm honestly envious on the people who are not done with BFA at this moment.

I'm playing through tons of final fantasy games. Did FF8... shit game, but at least I got through it. Atm I play world of final fantasy. Bit childish dialogue but the pokemon style gameplay is kind of fun.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-05-26 at 10:48 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since I'm not allergic to old games I've had a full library for a while, so I've completed avoided such boredom problems.

God I wish I could play any games like you do, but my standards are in the stratosphere. I'm so numb to dopamine that I need like AAA masterpieces to keep me entertainted.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    God I wish I could play any games like you do, but my standards are in the stratosphere. I'm so numb to dopamine that I need like AAA masterpieces to keep me entertainted.
    I just did a reply of Last of Us preparing for Last of Us II in a couple weeks. I loved this stupid game and would platinum it, if it didn't require me to play the terrible multiplayer.

Next one will be the 7 remake, me thinks.

Remnant from the ashes is a pretty solid game, 3 of us still playing it after 3 weeks and haven't really touched the DLC yet.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

halo 2 just came out and i think they wanna do halo 3 next month, if you want to go down remaster memory lane.

if you are into rpgs try out some crpgs like pillars of eternity or divnity.

AAA masterpieces
    Bit of an oxymoron don't you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Remnant from the ashes is a pretty solid game, 3 of us still playing it after 3 weeks and haven't really touched the DLC yet.
    Oooh. I just looked that up. I may have to purchase it.

Also, OP, Grim Dawn is a pretty good game if you like ARPGs. Lots of expacs and DLC content, too.

PSO2 tomorrow and Valorant on the 2nd

yikes, i hope that's sarcasm..

try swtor. double xp event lasts another 20 days.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

I guarantee you one thing.

There is probably an insanely good game for you out there.

But you absolutely need to turn off the part of your brain constantly telling you "this could be better if..."
    Also turn off the constant comparisons to WoW...

And appreciate more the good things about a game. Focus on the positives and give the game a chance.

MY particular problem is that i ended up only enjoying "online games" with "social networks" and interactions.
    This instantly makes my options very thin.

Do you have the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    Bit of an oxymoron don't you think.
    Contrary to popular belief, a budget that allows for more than a Shovel Knight level game doesn't automatically make the game bad.
    I have a similar problem, but for me it's more that I've conditioned myself to only want to play games with infinite progression and multiplayer to the point of feeling that games with an end are a waste of time. I wish I could play games like Witcher 3 and the FF7 remake, but it just feels wrong to.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, a budget that allows for more than a Shovel Knight level game doesn't automatically make the game bad.

I have a similar problem, but for me it's more that I've conditioned myself to only want to play games with infinite progression and multiplayer to the point of feeling that games with an end are a waste of time. I wish I could play games like Witcher 3 and the FF7 remake, but it just feels wrong to.
    why does it feel wrong?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

"There is nothing to play" is such an oxymoron these days when the average Steam library already has hundreds of games you have never played that you bought on the spur of the moment during one of the sales.

Epic Game Store has been feeding us free games since they started selling games on it other than Fortnite. No reason to not keep picking those up if you ever played even a little bit of Fortnite.

If you somehow don't have Steam and/or EGS backlog longer than the average human lifespan, you can throw few bucks into XBox GamePass or Origin Access and have hundreds of games available instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    "There is nothing to play" is such an oxymoron these days when the average Steam library already has hundreds of games you have never played that you bought on the spur of the moment during one of the sales.

Epic Game Store has been feeding us free games since they started selling games on it other than Fortnite. No reason to not keep picking those up if you ever played even a little bit of Fortnite.

If you somehow don't have Steam and/or EGS backlog longer than the average human lifespan, you can throw few bucks into XBox GamePass or Origin Access and have hundreds of games available instantly.
    That's like going to a restaurant and just ordering absolutely random things. Everyone has their preferences in food, and even preferences in how the same food tastes at different restaurants. You can't just label any edible substance as "food" and like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    why does it feel wrong?
    No idea dude, the primary thing is multiplayer for me, if I can't play with other people a lot of the fun things in game completely lose their luster to me (Gwent in Witcher 3, making your characters more powerful in the case of an RPG (never a need to minmax at all), cosmetics overall), even though I would love them if the game was multiplayer. PvP in all forms is pretty important to me, guess that's why.

That's like going to a restaurant and just ordering absolutely random things. Everyone has their preferences in food, and even preferences in how the same food tastes at different restaurants. You can't just label any edible substance as "food" and like it.
    There are still literally tens of thousands of games in the world. I'm sure some of them will palate your extremely sophisticated tastes.

There is tons and tons of great games on the market atm.
    Do you hear the voices too?

...man just beat Persona 5 Royal, FF7 remake, Jedi Fallen Order, Devil May Cry 5,and Spiderman and gonna work on Indivisible and Death Stranding soon

Must suck to be you