Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

Post Resilience will fix it.

Can we please put resilience back on gear so that im not forced to do pve if i dont want to. I dont care for mythic+. I dont care for raiding. I just want to pvp and i dont want to be at a disadvantage in my preferred area of the game just because i dont want to participate in the part of the game that i detest.

GRRRR

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Can we please put resilience back on gear so that im not forced to do pve if i dont want to. I dont care for mythic+. I dont care for raiding. I just want to pvp and i dont want to be at a disadvantage in my preferred area of the game just because i dont want to participate in the part of the game that i detest.

GRRRR
    No. You're playing a bonus feature of the game that was added in after the fact to extend play time. WoW is a PvE game that allows you to PvP.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akibaboy View Post
    No. You're playing a bonus feature of the game that was added in after the fact to extend play time. WoW is a PvE game that allows you to PvP.
    Oh is that true? World pvp wasnt a huge thing in classic? Battlegrounds weren't in the game at classic? WITH SEPARATE PVP GEAR? Arena was added in BC with separate pvp gear with resilence on it. Me playing pvp with exclusive gear for pvp doesnt affect your pve at all. You dont have to pvp if you dont want to. I have to pve even though i dont want to. That pve content that i have to do for gear (Mythic+)... Crazy.. im pretty sure that was a bonus feature added to the game after the fact to extend play time.. WEIRD

Oh is that true? World pvp wasnt a huge thing in classic? Battlegrounds weren't in the game at classic? WITH SEPARATE PVP GEAR? Arena was added in BC with separate pvp gear with resilence on it. Me playing pvp with exclusive gear for pvp doesnt affect your pve at all. You dont have to pvp if you dont want to. I have to pve even though i dont want to. That pve content that i have to do for gear (Mythic+)... Crazy.. im pretty sure that was a bonus feature added to the game after the fact to extend play time.. WEIRD
    Tough shit, now enjoy your side quest features

7+ Year Old Account
    Everybody had to PvP for essences.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The only thing that will fix it is separating PvE reward systems from PvP reward systems, again. And it doesn't have to be a complete divorce; remember when a full set of heroic gear was equal to something between a full set of honor and conquest gear? Whether it is resilience or templates or whatever, there are a infinite ways for them to contrive the divide.

The real problem is that the PvE reward systems have been pushed to such rigid extremities of greed, that realistically Blizzard will never sacrifice the tight grip it has on us in the name of reviving interest in PvP, which from a business point of view is probably quite insignificant to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to min/max you have to do both, that goes for pve aswell as pvp. Just look at bis azerite, blood of the enemy or fire mages that require the pvp trinket for pve for example.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2020-05-12 at 03:51 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Man, you are playing it wrong (to quote Ion). The game is one whole thing. It's supposed to be play in all it's forms, homogeneously.

resilience was sorta brought back thru versatility. blizz killed resilience, making PVE gear so OP it overcame resilience along with power creep. this occurred starting in WOTLK thru MOP. it took blizzard usually till the final seasons of a expac to fix it.

MOP may be more recent in players memories. blizzard gave all players base resilience, and negated resilience contribution from other sources including PVP gear. at that point PVE gear ruled in PVP. later in MOP blizzard did auto rescaling PVE, legendary cloak, and PVP gear in WPVP, BGs, etc.

prior to corruption, swifty did a video on what 17% resilience did on his warrior at max level

WOW forums before they were wiped, you would see QQ from a X-class with 700 res (CATA) got 1-2 shot by X-class with PVE gear and no res. QQ on weakness of PVP gear starting each expac WOTLK thru MOP, and even though WOD had no res, same situation occured

Feels unnecessary. If you want to play a PvP game there are dozens of amazing ones you can download and instantly compete with everyone else, DotA 2 or CSGO are perfect examples where skill is literally the only thing that matters.

But if you want to play an MMORPG then you're going to need to play the entire game to be highly competitive, that's just the type of game it is and it's always been that way. If you think it was different in vanilla then you clearly didn't play, because if all you did was BGs you would get literally two shot by people that raided. At least now there's multiple ways of getting gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never was a fan of a secondary stat that was almost only exclusive (or just exclusively used/particularly good) to one aspect of the game and not the game as a whole.

OP just find out what secondary stats are good for your spec and also start stacking up that Versatility, lol. Probably won't help as much but /shrug

That is retarded, no one should be forced to do content that they don't want in order to do the content that they want, if the guy wants to do pvp why should he be forced to pve? From what we have seen of Shadowlands Blizzards clearly agrees with this and is trying to not force people to play.

Your thought process is the reason why Wow is dying to other mmo's that don't "force" people to sink as much time as possible, if you really look at it, you are paying so that you can do things that you don't like in hopes to have a bit of time to do the things that you like. The whole genre is dying because of this.

Resilience might be a way, but I don't think they will do it, its probably even not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    That is retarded, no one should be forced to do content that they don't want in order to do the content that they want, if the guy wants to do pvp why should he be forced to pve? From what we have seen of Shadowlands Blizzards clearly agrees with this and is trying to not force people to play.

Your thought process is the reason why Wow is dying to other mmo's that don't "force" people to sink as much time as possible, if you really look at it, you are paying so that you can do things that you don't like in hopes to have a bit of time to do the things that you like. The whole genre is dying because of this.

Resilience might be a way, but I don't think they will do it, its probably even not necessary.
    It read like he was being sarcastic, will have to wait to see
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

3+ Year Old Account
    WoW was a pvp based game since vanilla, where you had to do pve to get gear, competitive pve came later in the game (around Ulduar)
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    MOP may be more recent in players memories. blizzard gave all players base resilience, and negated resilience contribution from other sources including PVP gear. at that point PVE gear ruled in PVP. later in MOP blizzard did auto rescaling PVE, legendary cloak, and PVP gear in WPVP, BGs, etc.
    PvP gear in MoP was probably the best version we've had (from a pvpers perspective). You got pvp power on pvp gear which increased dmg/healing done in pvp and had a base resilience that blizzard could tweak to balance the dmg vs healing output. The vast majority of players stacked full pvp gear. Iirc a few trinkets were decent for a while but got hotfixed fast. I remember Wallirikz (blizzcon competing warlock) stacking a few pieces of pve gear to maximize haste, but that wasn't considered to be meta and literary no other class did it to any large extent.
    This is in stark contrast to TBC/wotlk/cata era where people got a crazy advantage from raid weapons (legendary's, Gurth'alak etc) and pve trinkets.

PvP gear in wod was scaled down in pve, felt quite similar to MoP, no pve item meta in pvp either.

Legion and bfa is back to requiring pve gear to be optimal, but pve items are less crazy than having a legendary weapon in tbc-cata era in pvp. They feel more like a boring grind to get your hands on though.

Would like to see the mop or wod gearing return, or make it possible to get more optimal gear from purely doing pvp.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    WoW was a pvp based game since vanilla, where you had to do pve to get gear, competitive pve came later in the game (around Ulduar)
    OH nooooo! You were doing so well until you made yourself look really misinformed by stating that competitive PVP was released an entire expansion and a half after it was actually released.. ;(

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by seamnstr View Post
    PvP gear in MoP was probably the best version we've had (from a pvpers perspective). You got pvp power on pvp gear which increased dmg/healing done in pvp and had a base resilience that blizzard could tweak to balance the dmg vs healing output. The vast majority of players stacked full pvp gear. Iirc a few trinkets were decent for a while but got hotfixed fast. I remember Wallirikz (blizzcon competing warlock) stacking a few pieces of pve gear to maximize haste, but that wasn't considered to be meta and literary no other class did it to any large extent.
    This is in stark contrast to TBC/wotlk/cata era where people got a crazy advantage from raid weapons (legendary's, Gurth'alak etc) and pve trinkets.

PvP gear in wod was scaled down in pve, felt quite similar to MoP, no pve item meta in pvp either.

Legion and bfa is back to requiring pve gear to be optimal, but pve items are less crazy than having a legendary weapon in tbc-cata era in pvp. They feel more like a boring grind to get your hands on though.

Would like to see the mop or wod gearing return, or make it possible to get more optimal gear from purely doing pvp.
    Outisde of those few OP trinkets and LEGENDARY weapons though, pve gear was NOT better than pvp gear. If they had disabled pve effects or somehow made them equivalent to pvp effects, then there would have never been an issue. Also, back to the main argument, it wasnt REQUIRED to get those items..Very few people had shadowmourne. Alot more people had DBW but DBW alone without shadowmourne wasnt nearly as threatening. - Coming from a multi glad disc priest DURING wotlk.

Resilience was taken away due to dragonslayers complaining about not being able to kill full pvp geared players in the world and not being able to comete in arena with pve gear on.

OH nooooo! You were doing so well until you made yourself look really misinformed by stating that competitive PVP was released an entire expansion and a half after it was actually released.. ;(

- - - Updated - - -

Outisde of those few OP trinkets and LEGENDARY weapons though, pve gear was NOT better than pvp gear. If they had disabled pve effects or somehow made them equivalent to pvp effects, then there would have never been an issue. Also, back to the main argument, it wasnt REQUIRED to get those items..Very few people had shadowmourne. Alot more people had DBW but DBW alone without shadowmourne wasnt nearly as threatening. - Coming from a multi glad disc priest DURING wotlk.

Resilience was taken away due to dragonslayers complaining about not being able to kill full pvp geared players in the world and not being able to comete in arena with pve gear on.
    So, hmm.. When was competitive pve released?

Really? Because to me it looked like he said competitive PVE came out during Ulduar.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Really? Because to me it looked like he said competitive PVE came out during Ulduar.
    Oh, yikes. So it is i that looks stupid. lol.. My apologies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    So, hmm.. When was competitive pve released?
    Oops. my apologies. IM dumb. lmbo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    I guess it depends on what you consider to be competitive pve. I dont really consider anything PRE challenge modes to be competitive pve. I guess there is technically some competition in who downs what first.. But there was literally a leader board in challenge modes right? That's competitive to me.

5+ Year Old Account
    I feel like they should just bring back stat templates.

PvP to me should never be about gear outside of a <= 10% difference between good and average geared players. It should be almost entirely skill based.

A freshly maxed good player will get absolutely crushed by a meh player with good gear, which shouldn't happen imo.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.