Blood vs Ossuary+Marrowrend in Shadowlands

After checking Shadowlands changes it honestly boggles my mind what Blizzard are thinking, though it may just be me?

Having -5 RP cost to Death Strike and 10 more RP ends up pigeonholing you into an unfun and irritating play style due to the maintenance buff style Marrowrend ability, and if you don't take Ossuary, it ends up being almost unnoticeable, you just spam the button every x and then pay no more attention it, how is this good design?

I just don't understand why they don't make it baseline if everyone takes it and then add some other buff for when you are at 5+ Boneshield charges and let everyone pick what they want.

Also what happened to the class sections on Blizzard forums, where are you actually supposed to give feedback now?

3+ Year Old Account
    Er.. marrowrend is always a maintenance buff that we press every so often, even without the talent?

Quote Originally Posted by Ech0544 View Post
    After checking Shadowlands changes it honestly boggles my mind what Blizzard are thinking, though it may just be me?

Having -5 RP cost to Death Strike and 10 more RP ends up pigeonholing you into an unfun and irritating play style due to the maintenance buff style Marrowrend ability, and if you don't take Ossuary, it ends up being almost unnoticeable, you just spam the button every x and then pay no more attention it, how is this good design?

I just don't understand why they don't make it baseline if everyone takes it and then add some other buff for when you are at 5+ Boneshield charges and let everyone pick what they want.

Also what happened to the class sections on Blizzard forums, where are you actually supposed to give feedback now?
    I have no clue what you're reading, but there's no difference between Live and Shadowlands, or heck even Legion.

Deathstrike costs the same, 45 Runic Power.
    Runic Power maximums are the same.
    Ossuary Talent is exactly the same.

You're absolutely correct. Ossurary is far too strong and needs to be deleted or baseline, It's mathematically bonkers, double dips on itself, doesn't modify your playstyle at all and is the best choice in every single type of fight and every single type of content.

The longer blizzard goes without doing a serious parse on all the talents the worse and worse this issue of 'mandatory talents' and 'dead rows' gets, where meaningful choice is being replaced by no choice. Much like spirit bomb and WDP blood has been using Ossuary for four years and its shaping up to be six.

What makes it worse is this ludicrous inhouse rule that meaningful spec iteration is only allowed to happen between expacs which is not only creating multiple year long stretches of dead rows but massively puts pressure on the devs to fix everything during the alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    I have no clue what you're reading, but there's no difference between Live and Shadowlands, or heck even Legion.

Deathstrike costs the same, 45 Runic Power.
    Runic Power maximums are the same.
    Ossuary Talent is exactly the same.
    That was my point, there is no changes, its terrible design it should be changed, sorry if that wasn't clear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Indica View Post
    Er.. marrowrend is always a maintenance buff that we press every so often, even without the talent?
    Yeah, but its not a pain if you don't have to keep it between 5- max stacks, you can let the stacks get lower without impacting performance.

Its because the other talents simply don't provide enough comparatively.
    3 death strikes vs 2 death strikes.
    That alone makes BDK capable of handling large periods of burst damage which it couldn't handle as effectively using any other talent.
    THe issue is, what can you change to make the other talents a worthwhile pick up?