View Poll Results: Which Covenant will you pick?

Voters
67. This poll is closed
  • Kyrian

22 32.84%
  • Venthyr

17 25.37%
  • Necrolord

2 2.99%
  • Nightfae

7 10.45%
  • Undecided, I'm derped

19 28.36%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Aesthetically; Kyrian seems like the only plausible choice; I'd also like to see the Uther story play out...
    Combat ability; Necrolord one sounds like the least situational one and the most usefull one in raiding as we know it.
    Utility; Venthyr, cause nobody likes being bound to a wheelchair.

I already hate it, but i think i'll go with Venthyr. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Tyze View Post
    The one with the highest numbers unfortunately
    It’s not even about that

If Kyrian gave the highest numbers you’d still go venthyr or night fae because currently the base abilities are the big issue

Now if blizz unlocked the abilities from your covenant choice I’m going kyrian because my warrior has venthyr and my dk has necro

15+ Year Old Account
    Whichever my partner choses, because playing with her is more important than a 0.1% damage increase.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Venthyr, I really like the plate set to play as an edgy blood elf paladin

I am going to wait until 9.1 to start Shadowlands so I know which class/spec/covenant to roll. My main is ret so I am assuming I start as ret with the Kyrians but I want to be sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hottage View Post
    Whichever my partner choses, because playing with her is more important than a 0.1% damage increase.
    oh buddy if only that was the case

Quote Originally Posted by Zyphrus View Post
    I am going to wait until 9.1 to start Shadowlands so I know which class/spec/covenant to roll. My main is ret so I am assuming I start as ret with the Kyrians but I want to be sure.
    No one knows yet. It will depend on legendary effects and if the abilities get further changes.

Honestly, i'm more annoyed we will be losing AoE word of glory, wich is really good in mythic+. These devs are the worst...

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point... None... Unless they actually put some effort into fixing all the shit wrong with our spec right now, shit that has been wrong with it since Legion dropped, I'm not even going to buy this expansion.

In the unlikely event that they actually pull their heads out from their backsides and actually listen to the feedback they've been given, I'm still not really sure, most of them are still subject to change, and what ones may seem best could change depending on how they change us... For instance the mobility provided by Venthyr's door of shadows ability looks like it would be really useful for our wheelchair spec, but if they actually fix the shit mobility we've been complaining about for 4 years now it would become a lot less important.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-06-28 at 05:36 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Keyboard Turner Annomaander Rake's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    I'm going for the Necrolords all the way. I really want the title "Necrolord" to match my reaper-Esque transmog for my Ret Pally

The Night Fae for

Soulshape Turn into your Soulshape, increasing movement speed. You may reactivate Soulshape to teleport 10 yds forward. Additional cosmetic forms can be earned and collected through a variety of gameplay. While out in the world, this effect has a 12sec duration before it wears off, but lasts indefinitely while in a rest area.
    Instant Cast, 1.5 min cooldown.

Soulshape options include Vulpin, Moth, Runestag, Unicorn, Teroclaw, Crane, Lion, Tiger, Hyena, Cobra, Dragon Turtle, Stag, Owlcat, Nightsaber, Raptor, Bear, Moose, Wolf, Feathered Drake, Wolfhawk, Hippogryph, Gryphon, Wyvern, Toad

Small sprint plus a blink? Yes please lol.

Night fae is probably better than venthyr that everyone is hyping

if you go venthyr you probably need to pick the soulbind with instant cast door of shadow(tp), and the ability with 4 min cooldown seems pretty bad.

Night fae has a movement speed abilty + small blink if you want and the blessing of seasons buff seems a lot better
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2020-07-07 at 09:19 PM.

Sounds like Blessing of Seasons is getting a re-design based on the Livestream.

Divine Toll is too sexy to pass on.

Quote Originally Posted by Castia View Post
    Divine Toll is too sexy to pass on.
    seems pretty useless in single target situations? only 1 extra judgment every 1 min, i guess if your main focus is m+ it could be really strong for the trash

Y well Kyrian ability got a major problem and the conduits are not really exciting as well.
    If they made an easy fix on divine toll ie ability awards 5 holy power and set damage can split to up to 5 enemies then it would be back to the game. Although still my utility instincts go with night fae

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Night fae is probably better than venthyr that everyone is hyping

if you go venthyr you probably need to pick the soulbind with instant cast door of shadow(tp), and the ability with 4 min cooldown seems pretty bad.

Night fae has a movement speed abilty + small blink if you want and the blessing of seasons buff seems a lot better
    Does it though? That is gonna be a GCD every 30 seconds. Will we have a free one or we will have to sacrifice damage for it?

Though i understand. I have started looking at the Kyrian ability. It will be a nice boost on AoE and HP generation in groups.
    It's just really difficult to make a final decision when things aren't final.

The advantage of Venthyr is that the soulbinds look to be better. Nadja in particular is probably one of the best for DPS. 15% more from flask/well fed is big. There is another on venthyr that increases the potency of combat potions 20 to 100%. Those seem really powerful with the changes to potions.
    The ability is nothing amazing, but because of the long cooldown it hits hard and i am thinking that you can increase it's damage with wings. It will be big damage if the targets aren't moved away from it.
    So, what happens is that the Venthyr look to have the obvious biggest DPS increases that work on all situations ST or AoE.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-07-20 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Does it though? That is gonna be a GCD every 30 seconds. Will we have a free one or we will have to sacrifice damage for it?

Though i understand. I have started looking at the Kyrian ability. It will be a nice boost on AoE and HP generation in groups.

The advantage of Venthyr is that the soulbinds look to be better. Nadja in particular is probably one of the best for DPS. 15% more from flask/well fed is big. There is another on venthyr that increases the potency of combat potions 20 to 100%. Those seem really powerful with the changes to potions.
    The ability is nothing amazing, but because of the long cooldown it hits hard and i am thinking that you can increase it's damage with wings. It will be big damage if the targets aren't moved away from it.
    So, what happens is that the Venthyr look to have the obvious biggest DPS increases that work on all situations ST or AoE.
    yes agree its hard decision, new night fea can be good if we are used a buff b*tch lol with the big buffs every 30 second. Venthyr with the teleport, soulbinds and the big dmg cooldown might be the best overall very hard to tell

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post

Kyrian ability changed? that potion is so crap
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    I mean... at least it's useable, like a healthstone.

The necrolord ability is much worse. 4 second channel...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    Agree the potion is crap, but as a "whole package" Kyrian isn't looking too shabby for Paladins... as much I want to go with Night Fae for Soulshape to alleviate the wheelchair, I just can't bring myself to play buff-bot for 2 years.