Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    In the latest Ion interview concerning Shadowlands (Which is still going at time of writing)
    Ion stated "Time moves differently in the shadowlands. Not exactly a X3 or a X10 timewarp persay, but we'll have to see the full extent of this when our characters come out of Shadowlands [into the next expac].

10.0 revamp bois.

And yes, it's too goddamn early for 10.0 discussion, but here you go.
    Yes, i get this feeling too. It's like a hint to say we are changing revamping the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make every city relevant. Barbers, portals, transmogifiers, dailies, profession dailies(unique to the city) and so on in every city. I prefer spending time and chilling in any other city than current capitals on both factions. Also since we already have xrealms then use that to increase the amount of people in other cities so every city feels alive. There even could be things like profession trainers unique to the city (OG having blacksmiths, UD alchemy, TB Herbalism and so on).

7+ Year Old Account
    There wont be a next revamp get over it. Blizzard will not invest extra $$$$ to a dead game. We got one revamp called cataclysm that was just absolutely garbage
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    There wont be a next revamp get over it. Blizzard will not invest extra $$$$ to a dead game. We got one revamp called cataclysm that was just absolutely garbage
    1) WoW isn't dead by any measure of the word. You don't invest a !@#$ton of money into gorgeous cinematics such as Old Soldier for a dead game.

2) The problem with Cataclysm wasn't the revamp, but a multitude of other factors that left it dead in the water halfway into its lifecycle. But Cata at the start was a really sound expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

World of Warcraft is beside Call of Duty and Candy Crush Activision Blizzards big money maker.

It's still the second biggest MMO, It's nowhere near "dead" It needs a revamp and substantial investment to take back it's crown, It will die if they don't tbh. If they continue on the slow and steady downward curve they are on, it will reach a point where there's no turning back, but right now it's entirely possible for WoW to be returned to past glory. The way to revive the game is to bring in new players, the way to bring in new players is to streamline the levelling process so that its comprehensible - something which even with the substantial improvements Shadowlands brings still isn't sufficient.

A revamp and overhaul of essentially the whole game at this point is desperately needed, and IS going to be happening like it or not within the next couple expansions - If it doesn't happen then it's a pretty clear indication that Blizzard are just going to ride that downward spiral until it's non-profitable and pull the plug.

They will, this new scaling tech has proven they are getting ready for something big. I doubt it will be a full revamp but I think many zones will be altered and changed to follow the flow they are doing in the new starting area for both factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They will, this new scaling tech has proven they are getting ready for something big. I doubt it will be a full revamp but I think many zones will be altered and changed to follow the flow they are doing in the new starting area for both factions.
    I don't think they're getting ready for something big; I'd say "you can level wherever you want, whenever you want" is big enough.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I don't think they're getting ready for something big; I'd say "you can level wherever you want, whenever you want" is big enough.
    I think there will be pockets of change throughout after Shadowlands is over, probably not Cataclysm levels of change, but noticeable ones in some zones. MY hope is active events like in Guild Wars 2, maybe like 5 or 6 really interesting repeatable events in every zone or a few major ones on each continent including older expansions. That would bring WoW's open world content to a new level, you could even have some zones temporarily alter based on how a quest turns out. Imagine part of a zone flooding, but it grants you access to something you once could not reach with new stuff to do for half a day or something. Lots of ideas to make it feel like a living world.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I think there will be pockets of change throughout after Shadowlands is over, probably not Cataclysm levels of change, but noticeable ones in some zones. MY hope is active events like in Guild Wars 2, maybe like 5 or 6 really interesting repeatable events in every zone or a few major ones on each continent including older expansions. That would bring WoW's open world content to a new level, you could even have some zones temporarily alter based on how a quest turns out. Imagine part of a zone flooding, but it grants you access to something you once could not reach with new stuff to do for half a day or something. Lots of ideas to make it feel like a living world.
    Seems like phasing with extra steps.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Seems like phasing with extra steps.
    At least it's not slavery with extra steps lol.

I find it interesting that Ion doesn't confirm anything at all and people are just making assumptions on top of speculations and then throwing in some crazy wild theories. Imo don't look too much into it and wait till actual info comes out. People trying to make a formula as to how time works in the Shadow Lands directly contradicts what Ion was saying.