Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.

Ion just hinted at a 10.0 revamp.

In the latest Ion interview concerning Shadowlands (Which is still going at time of writing)
    Ion stated "Time moves differently in the shadowlands. Not exactly a X3 or a X10 timewarp persay, but we'll have to see the full extent of this when our characters come out of Shadowlands [into the next expac].

10.0 revamp bois.

And yes, it's too goddamn early for 10.0 discussion, but here you go.

I don't see how this confirms anything other than the fact that there's more story post-9.x.

I want to see Quel'thalas updated so badly. But at this point I have no expectations for that, they will most likely continue updating single zones when it makes sense storywise, like they did with Arathi and co. in BfA.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just some sort of hint that when we get back things will change a lot. Or it's just the usual Ion's lawyer speak, like morally grey.

I would rather interpret it as the exact opposite. 2 years of Shadowlands aren't getting us 30 years ahead or so. You are constantly going back n forth via portals. These progression steps would need to be reflected every major Patch. It's more likely that just because Kael'thas died 12 years ago he doesn't have to have been in SL for the equivalent of 12 years.

But then again, some people only hear what they want to hear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given that they've finally fixed levelling in Shadowlands by creating multiple parallel paths, I don't think they'd want to overhaul the zones again for the sake of it. There's no need for it. Instead I figure they will do targeted updates, phasing zones where there is substantial storyline progression.

For example, he hinted at new homes for the Night Elves and the Forsaken. The zones those homes are built in will simply need to be phased to reflect their new status.

For the record, I think Mount Hyjal is likely to be the new Night Elf home zone, as this is where Tyrande seems to be dwelling. That, and the whole 'build a city in a tree' has proven to be a very bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's just some sort of hint that when we get back things will change a lot. Or it's just the usual Ion's lawyer speak, like morally grey.
    There are quite a few things in the files that imply updates to the old world. I assume he isn't being cute here, otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned that spoiler about the time thing at all.

It also matches up with the next expansion likely being Dragon themed: Cataclysm 2, including Azeroth changes just like Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    "2019 + OBAMA = 666 - 666 = OBAMA + 2019 - OBAMA = 2019, (20)(19) - (20) = (19) = COVID19 CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!"

-op

What ion says about time in the interview doesn't mean necessarily a revamp (although that is always a possibility) but opens the door and gives options for the devs for the next xpac. For instance, we could return in the past and or future. Possible galakrond and dragon isles revisit? Maybe the sundering? Definitely too early atm, but will be interesting to see what they do.

A revamp is very much expected and due, so that makes a lot of sense.

I think once we return Azeroth will be far into the future, and the world will be completely different again.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    "2019 + OBAMA = 666 - 666 = OBAMA + 2019 - OBAMA = 2019, (20)(19) - (20) = (19) = COVID19 CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!"

-op
    These interviews are the least vague that Ion has ever done. He outright has hinted at things now as opposed to the dodging/hiding he did in BFA (likely because they all knew it sucked).

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    X10 timewarp
    World of Warhammer 40k confirmed.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He hinted at a timeskip and I'm checking out hard all of the sudden.

I'm reminded of the theory that we'll timeskip forward to that "Final Battle Between Light and Shadow" from the Legion Comics.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    I would rather interpret it as the exact opposite. 2 years of Shadowlands aren't getting us 30 years ahead or so. You are constantly going back n forth via portals. These progression steps would need to be reflected every major Patch. It's more likely that just because Kael'thas died 12 years ago he doesn't have to have been in SL for the equivalent of 12 years.

But then again, some people only hear what they want to hear.
    They'll probably ignore that issue.

Being able to return is necessary for gameplay purposes, but if the writers want this to lead to a time skip, then they'll just treat it as if we had remained there throughout the whole expansion.

5+ Year Old Account
    I have a feel our characters are going to be tossed into a distant chaotic future where our goal is to go back just after the players left for ShadowLands to prevent that chaotic future.

If you guys remember that digital comic a few years ago that had Anduin FAR into the future. I can see us coming out of Shadowlands and catching up with that comic in the game. Just some thoughts.

Would be a good time for WoW 2

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    He hinted at a timeskip and I'm checking out hard all of the sudden.

I'm reminded of the theory that we'll timeskip forward to that "Final Battle Between Light and Shadow" from the Legion Comics.
    comic non canon, anduin in shadowlands. All main characters in shadowlands no sense in time skip

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't new information, we knew about this timescale difference between the living world and Shadowlands back in Legion during the DK order mount questline - the Deathlord speaks to someone who went into the Shadowlands at the beginning of Wrath, who says upon seeing the player: "Greetings, Deathlord. Years have passed since we first met, but for me it has been mere days."

If we spend days in the Shadowlands, years could pass.

If we spend weeks in the Shadowlands, decades could pass.

If we spend months in the Shadowlands, centuries could pass.

The face of Azeroth could be entirely changed by the time we return... Given how often Azeroth is faced with potentially world altering events, if the "heroes" aren't there for years on end to stop one or several of these events, things could be drastically different by the time we return.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-05-14 at 06:52 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    This isn't new information, we knew about this timescale difference between the living world and Shadowlands back in Legion during the DK order mount questline - the Deathlord speaks to someone who went into the Shadowlands at the beginning of Wrath, who says upon seeing the player: "Greetings, Deathlord. Years have passed since we first met, but for me it has been mere days."

If we spend days in the Shadowlands, years could pass.

If we spend weeks in the Shadowlands, decades could pass.

If we spend months in the Shadowlands, centuries could pass.

The face of Azeroth could be entirely changed by the time we return... Given how often Azeroth is faced with potentially world altering events, if the "heroes" aren't there for years on end to stop one or several of these events, things could be drastically different by the time we return.
    Which is exciting and scary possibility which all depends on what they do and how much work goes into it.

Also made me think of this https://www.wowhead.com/item=141713/arcadian-war-turtle mount. It was made in a far off “land” not world. So someone on Azeroth.