Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I haven't no. 15 years of wow and I never played any beta. I don't get paid for it, so I don't wish to be a playtester. Give me a finished product and my first-time experience for each expansion with as few bugs as possible, please.
    Having said that, based on what you're telling, I hope the Maw will be finetuned further to really convey that feeling of danger.
    There is simply no possible way to make dangerous open world zones. There never was. It can be dangerous if you run around solo but the moment you group up is the moment you just steamroll it. Even if they made it so that you HAVE to group up, people would just start making 40man raid groups and then steamroll it. And if they balanced the Maw around 40man raid groups, people would start making two or three raid groups and steamroll the zone.

That's why difficult content has always been in instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Mommy View Post
    I agree with the OP, it is quite sad that Blizzard will most likely listen to an "influencer" instead of faceless players, no matter how many.
    It is mainly because those influencers have a platform where they can say their opinion to a large amount of people, while we have... the forums.
    You do get that most Youtubers or the like have a lot of followers becuase these followers generally agree with that youtuber, right?
    If you're a skilled and knowledgeable player you also had alpha and beta for quite a while now and had time to give them all the feedback you could want.

Here is my problem: they could speak for me IF they are (okay iam exaggerating a bit but you get the point ) masters of their class/real endgame(got CE asap, not weeks after the raid came out) players and know what they are talking about. These so called "streamers" and "youtubers" are there for the money/viewcount, none of them are really skilled in the game. Yeah, maybe they have been playing the game for years but at what level? Desperately doing content for YT/Twitch to earn money? These people have no idea what people want, what they are saying are their visions about the game, what would be preferred by them, not by the people. For example if X streamer's best expac is Wrath, he/she will want things from that time because he/she liked that so much back then, and it does not mean that it would be good for todays' expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Mommy View Post
    I agree with the OP, it is quite sad that Blizzard will most likely listen to an "influencer" instead of faceless players, no matter how many.
    It is mainly because those influencers have a platform where they can say their opinion to a large amount of people, while we have... the forums.
    I'd give Blizz a benefit of the doubt on that one.

Influencers do not necessarily offer genuine feedback, because they have their audience to cater too when they make their content and I am sure Blizzard is aware of that. Then by the nature of it, while they may represent views of some specific part of community, they do not represent the other parts of it. Blizz is aware of this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    But then you also have no clue about what it is or how it works.
    It's in no way dangerous though, just tedious. Like really, really tedious and not fun what so ever. It's also unlikely that Blizzard will or even wants it to be dangerous. Most players do not react well when they die or when they have to put in effort and the Maw is mandatory content that everyone will have to do.
    I just did the Entry Quest, and it was annoying as fuck. There is so much running around in that Quest, and you cannot mount up. For no reason. But, that is up to now the only really bad experience I had.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Having said that, based on what you're telling, I hope the Maw will be finetuned further to really convey that feeling of danger.
    This, but sadly I´m not sure it will really catch that feeling.

There is a really fine line between: "Dangerous" and "Tedious", especially with the differences in Classes and Abilities. But there is no point in screaming around "The Sky is Falling", because a some YouTubers ride their Hate Train.

Quote Originally Posted by ZebrasRule View Post
    If you think youtubers are talking out their ass, just remember that they tried to tell everyone about azerite, everyone thought they were just being negative, and then everyone hated azerite. It's exactly the same thing but on steroids.
    Dont say "Everyone", Everyone would include me. And you dont speak for me. I never had any issues about the Azerite that I would say "I Hate it". Had its Issues, but not like you and the Loud Majority claim to be.

The thing is, as soon as it starts to be a Job for these YouTubers, they cater to their Audience, and if the Audience like you, just wants to hate stuff, they will greatly amplify the hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've generally agreed with their criticisms in the past but there seems to be some level of group think from influencers at the moment regarding covenants and torghast that isn't entirely reflected in the community.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    I just did the Entry Quest, and it was annoying as fuck. There is so much running around in that Quest, and you cannot mount up. For no reason. But, that is up to now the only really bad experience I had.
    You'll never be able to mount in the Maw.

I Know that. But I dunno how that will affect me at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are rider mobs there, you can kill them and take their mounts. It then acts as 1 minute mount for you.

IMO, it's annoying. I can see why they would go for it, it makes traversing river of souls more of an experience and Beastwarrens actually feel a bit oppressive.

But there are also these swaths of nothing at the moment in between notable locations which really don't play into no mount thing.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    At the risk of being taunted and crucified....... Why exactly do people hate Bellular?

I do not share his opinions on all states of the game, but his Lore videos and speculation videos are fun to watch and entertaining. And quite often very close to what happens. I don't find his personality to be one of ego, as he is often talking about the team, and how they made it happen. And comes across as fairly humble. I see people mention his ego or lack of knowledge, but he has a team around him that looks to do good research? What exactly has he been blatantly wrong about?

I'm not a fan of Preach but respect his skill and insight into rotations and mechanics and. Kalani is also a decent person it seems like. Honest opinions, again I don't agree with them all of the time, but I like to hear how someone with a different opinion thinks.

But, I draw the line with Asmongold. He is 100% a troll, and nothing more. How anyone likes him, I will never understand.
    You've probably only been exposed to the meme side of Asmongold, meaning a lot of the jokes of his "malding", his room, etc etc. He's actually far more rational and down to earth than he puts out when he's in "character" mode. When tackling issues, he questions everything and tries to see all sides instead of jumping to conclusions, which based on what I've seen (especially politically) in the past 6 months, it's far more rare than I had thought. He's not all that bad. I'm not saying go force yourself to watch him, but keep an open mind outside of the memes. That goes for all streamers/tubers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    There are rider mobs there, you can kill them and take their mounts. It then acts as 1 minute mount for you.

IMO, it's annoying. I can see why they would go for it, it makes traversing river of souls more of an experience and Beastwarrens actually feel a bit oppressive.

But there are also these swaths of nothing at the moment in between notable locations which really don't play into no mount thing.
    I can't see at all why they would want people to be bored to tears in there. It's stupid.
    A one min mount is not enough. It's bad enough without flying but taking away ground mounts as well is just stupid beyond belief.

- - - Updated - - -

It'll affect you as the content is mandatory.

You probably don't play a wheelchair paladin like me then.

But on the topic, content creators more often than not provide a lot more valuable feedback than forums. Its quite accurate to say that if you watch someone regularly you agree with most of their feelings about the game. Its usually WHY you watch at the first place (discounting the 1% masochist snowflakes who likes to torture themselves watching someone they don't enjoy for some reason). So in a sense listening to them you can get a good amount of feedback of a slice of wow community kinda the size of the content creator's community. And for some content creators, like Asmon's, the slice is massive. Much bigger than the bubble community of mmo-c forums or official forums to be fair.

It'll affect you as the content is mandatory.
    Sure its Mandatory, but it still depends on how the Zones is Designed in the end, if there are alternate ways of Travel, how long you need to be in the zone, how far you need to travel, and so on. There are ways to deal with "Not beeing able to Mount".

So: I dont know how it will affect me. Doesnt matter how Mandatory it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysil View Post
    You probably don't play a wheelchair paladin like me then.
    I Play Paladin, but I dunno what that has to do with anything. The only 2 Classes I would think of who dont have much of an Issue with no Mounts would be DemonHunter and Druid. But again, see above its not about the Actual TravelSpeed, its about overall zone/Content design.

Sure its Mandatory, but it still depends on how the Zones is Designed in the end, if there are alternate ways of Travel, how long you need to be in the zone, how far you need to travel, and so on. There are ways to deal with "Not beeing able to Mount".

So: I dont know how it will affect me. Doesnt matter how Mandatory it is.
    "In the end"? It's right there to test right now.
    The beta is in the final stages with Blizzard doing class balancing. The Maw is not going to change at this point.

It's horrible and boring right now. It has been since they first let us in there in the alpha.

It's horrible and boring right now. It has been since they first let us in there in the alpha.
    Just because you dont like it, doesnt mean everybody has to be the same Opinion as you. I didnt test it yet on Beta, and if I think its Boring and Tedious (Which very well might be judging from the intro quest) i´ll post them my feedback.

Literally the Only things I´ve hear were: "You cant Mount, therefore its shit", or plain: "Its Boring".
    That holds no value whatsoever to anyone, except the devs who might think: "Okey, out of X people who tested it, Y people said its Boring".
    But neither you nor I know what X and Y is. So dont talk for everybody. You can say: "I think its Boring", not "Everyone thinks its boring". Because you dont know.

Furthermore, you dont know what Blizzard is willing to change/add at this Point tight now. While its unlikely, you still cant say for certain.

Here's a little life lesson for you.

The people who know this, know this. Stop being the person who thinks they represent an entire group. If I say, 'why do women have to wear makeup' there's always that offended female who never wore make-up in her life that has to say something. If you don't wear make-up in this instance, you're not the type of women I'm talking about. So don't get offended over something that isn't even directed at you.

Now lets apply this to Warcraft. If I say, 'the player base wants more raids'. There's going to be someone who only plays the game because of pet battle that will say "Hey, I'm the player-base and that's not what I want, we want more pets". If you don't like raiding, don't associate with the playerbase that does. Identify with the playerbase speaking on behalf of pet battles.

We all know, everyone plays WoW for different reasons. Realize 'playerbase' doesn't mean everyone as a whole. It's not absolute. Think about the word 'BASE'. There are many bases in the player community.

Just because you dont like it, doesnt mean everybody has to be the same Opinion as you. I didnt test it yet on Beta, and if I think its Boring and Tedious (Which very well might be judging from the intro quest) i´ll post them my feedback.

Literally the Only things I´ve hear were: "You cant Mount, therefore its shit", or plain: "Its Boring".
    That holds no value whatsoever to anyone, except the devs who might think: "Okey, out of X people who tested it, Y people said its Boring".
    But neither you nor I know what X and Y is. So dont talk for everybody. You can say: "I think its Boring", not "Everyone thinks its boring". Because you dont know.

Furthermore, you dont know what Blizzard is willing to change/add at this Point tight now. While its unlikely, you still cant say for certain.
    No, thats not the only problem though it's certainly pretty bad. It's also tedious to get around for others reasons such as having to fight mobs you have no intrest in, boring and ugly setting with just one shade of dark gray, mobs that are quite litteraly designed to be as annoying as possible without actually being dangerous.
    Odd quests that seem to make no sense what so ever and so on.

Your feedback is pointless now though as the expansion is done. Too bad Blizzard didn't listen at an early stage. Shadowlands seem to be pretty much dead on arrival.

I love how you guys are trying to argue with Aggrophobic. If you ve been on these forums long enough you d know theres not a single positive thing ever coming out of this guys mouth.
    Always calling expansions/patches dead on arrival (while simultaneously never being right) etc etc. I wouldnt bother further.