15+ Year Old Account

Feedback on my website

Probably not the best place to ask for feedback since my page is focusing on the Swedish customers, but I'm curious if people can find any bugs and test how the page performs.
    Is it slow? Does it lag? Are the elements messed up?

I have only been able to test with Windows/Chrome at 1080p and 4k resolutions and a Note 10/iPhone/Android tablet.

It's a simple minimalistic website but also image heavy so if you have limited monthly usage you might want to avoid clicking the link.

www.nox.pictures

Works fine for me, iphone 8+. Nice way to scroll through pictures.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indara View Post
    It freezes my phone when trying to load it.
    What phone do you have?
    Each image is between 500kb - 1.5mb.
    Not sure how large thumbnails are but there's 70+ photo thumbnails that load at once.
    So I can imagine it takes some time to load.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Works fine for me, iphone 8+. Nice way to scroll through pictures.
    Thanks for checking it out

Your logo blends in too much against the mustang background. Make it larger or using design strategies to make it more noticeable. I didn't even notice the navigation on the top right until I went back to the website to look some more. You should make that stand out a little.

The amount of content is good, but accessing it is weird and clunky. Your business is photography, but you make it difficult to see your photographs. It's weird scrolling down and then having to click left and right to view pictures. A gallery might be better.

Remember that a website is about function first and content second. Good design makes it extremely easy to navigate and great websites are able to use their content while staying easy to navigate. Check out Apple.com for a perfect example. They showcase their products extremely well, but their site is still one of the easiest and most intuitive on the internet to navigate. You have amazing content, you just need to sort the usability of the site.
    :::: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d w/ NZXT Kraken Elite 240
    :::: MSI Meg X670E Tomahawk
    :::: 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 6000mt/s CL36 DDR5
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Windows 11 Pro

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lloose View Post
    Your logo blends in too much against the mustang background. Make it larger or using design strategies to make it more noticeable. I didn't even notice the navigation on the top right until I went back to the website to look some more. You should make that stand out a little.

The amount of content is good, but accessing it is weird and clunky. Your business is photography, but you make it difficult to see your photographs. It's weird scrolling down and then having to click left and right to view pictures. A gallery might be better.

Remember that a website is about function first and content second. Good design makes it extremely easy to navigate and great websites are able to use their content while staying easy to navigate. Check out Apple.com for a perfect example. They showcase their products extremely well, but their site is still one of the easiest and most intuitive on the internet to navigate. You have amazing content, you just need to sort the usability of the site.
    I missed this because I forgot about the thread and you didn't quote me
    Great feedback!
    I went back and forth between a bigger/smaller logo/menu and white and blue color and decided to stick with the current size and color.
    Are you running a 4k resolution?
    Wix (the host I'm using) doesn't really work well with screen resolution scaling. The menu is not fixed size on every resolution. 1080p and a bigger scale makes it look silly, while on 4k resolution things might look too small. I had to find the sweet spot.
    The color could've been a bit brighter, but white just looks bland.

Good idea about the gallery. I'll look at changing it maybe into showing more thumbnails if I find a look that I like and it doesn't mess with my design too much.
    I didn't want to clutter the website with a ton of pages and stuff. A simple minimalistic start page, with a gallery, contact and client login.

10+ Year Old Account
    • You can test at any resolution using dev tools (which I guess you know).
    • In terms of performance it was fine on my machine, but according to PageInsights it's not so great (pretty pointless to try and get over 95 but at least 85 is a good score to aim for). https://developers.google.com/speed/...ox.pictures%2F
    • Lot of white space initially so you should fill that out with a key point or strapline, maybe some CTA.
    • Text Shadow is pretty ugly, I would only use it if necessary.
    • Nav is hard to read inc logo
    • Everything else design wise what Lloose said.

If you are looking to get work from SEO, one page sites aren't that ideal, so I would still make more than one page for tracking. With fast websites, multiple pages aren't much of an issue.

Other than that, the actual pictures are very nice (grade, framing), what's your setup?
    Last edited by Mister K; 2020-05-25 at 12:49 PM.
    -K

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    • You can test at any resolution using dev tools (which I guess you know).
    • In terms of performance it was fine on my machine, but according to PageInsights it's not so great (pretty pointless to try and get over 95 but at least 85 is a good score to aim for). https://developers.google.com/speed/...ox.pictures%2F
    • Lot of white space initially so you should fill that out with a key point or strapline, maybe some CTA.
    • Text Shadow is pretty ugly, I would only use it if necessary.
    • Nav is hard to read inc logo
    • Everything else design wise what Lloose said.

If you are looking to get work from SEO, one page sites aren't that ideal, so I would still make more than one page for tracking. With fast websites, multiple pages aren't much of an issue.

Other than that, the actual pictures are very nice (grade, framing), what's your setup?
    Oh my god, the link you provided is gibberish to me haha XD
    I'm not a web designer. This is why I use Wix. It's basically drag and drop and configure. Extremely easy to use.

I had a multi page website, but I changed it to the current design. I had galleries with my hobby photos but after I specialized into motorsport I found those useless to showcase.
    Good SEO is not my first priority nor is to track people. It's mainly to provide a gallery and clients to log in and for people to contact me if they need. There isn't much more on the website.
    I haven't gotten around to playing with the gallery and I'll see if I can do something about the menu/logo visibility. Maybe change the color to yellow.

A lot of the first photos in the gallery are taken with Sony A7R IV + Sony 135mm F1.8 GM (those of the moving cars).
    The parked cars, some taken with Sigma 35mm F1.2, most with Sigma 35mm F1.4.
    Some moving car photos are taken with Sony A7R III and Sony 70-200 GM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Oh my god, the link you provided is gibberish to me haha XD
    I'm not a web designer. This is why I use Wix. It's basically drag and drop and configure. Extremely easy to use.

I had a multi page website, but I changed it to the current design. I had galleries with my hobby photos but after I specialized into motorsport I found those useless to showcase.
    Good SEO is not my first priority nor is to track people. It's mainly to provide a gallery and clients to log in and for people to contact me if they need. There isn't much more on the website.
    I haven't gotten around to playing with the gallery and I'll see if I can do something about the menu/logo visibility. Maybe change the color to yellow.

A lot of the first photos in the gallery are taken with Sony A7R IV + Sony 135mm F1.8 GM (those of the moving cars).
    The parked cars, some taken with Sigma 35mm F1.2, most with Sigma 35mm F1.4.
    Some moving car photos are taken with Sony A7R III and Sony 70-200 GM.
    I would recommend Squarespace over Wix or if you like messing around, setup a web server and get Wordpress on it. There are plenty of themes to allow you to get really customized website. From The One theme to Salient or just Visual Bakery composer and go from there. Gives you more flexibility to push work through your website and get traffic through decent SEO optimisations. All very easy just takes a week or so to get hang of.

In terms of menu, I would do background-color0,0,0,0.9); in CSS for that menu but I am not sure how much flexibility you have. It would look something like this: http://prntscr.com/snn6x3

Nice gear, yeah they look really nice! I want to get the 70-200 2.8 for video but it's super expensive so might just wait and save for a set of cine primes.
    -K

15+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend Squarespace over Wix or if you like messing around, setup a web server and get Wordpress on it. There are plenty of themes to allow you to get really customized website. From The One theme to Salient or just Visual Bakery composer and go from there. Gives you more flexibility to push work through your website and get traffic through decent SEO optimisations. All very easy just takes a week or so to get hang of.

In terms of menu, I would do background-color0,0,0,0.9); in CSS for that menu but I am not sure how much flexibility you have. It would look something like this: http://prntscr.com/snn6x3

Nice gear, yeah they look really nice! I want to get the 70-200 2.8 for video but it's super expensive so might just wait and save for a set of cine primes.
    The top bar looks great, I will see if it's possible to add something like that. I think there's a CSS option just never figured out how to use it.
    I also literally a week ago paid for a couple of years of Wix subscription, afraid I'm stuck on it. But I'm happy with their offering.

I sold my 70-200 GM and bought 135 GM
    I need to crop images and 70-200 couldn't resolve all 61mpix of A7RIV, meanwhile, 135 has the same focus motor as 70-200 and I have access to the whole track, so I figured, what the heck. The picture quality is better and the bulk is lower, I gain a stop of light (which is useless for motorsport), but lose the flexibility of a zoom lens.

10+ Year Old Account
    The top bar looks great, I will see if it's possible to add something like that. I think there's a CSS option just never figured out how to use it.
    I also literally a week ago paid for a couple of years of Wix subscription, afraid I'm stuck on it. But I'm happy with their offering.

I sold my 70-200 GM and bought 135 GM
    I need to crop images and 70-200 couldn't resolve all 61mpix of A7RIV, meanwhile, 135 has the same focus motor as 70-200 and I have access to the whole track, so I figured, what the heck. The picture quality is better and the bulk is lower, I gain a stop of light (which is useless for motorsport), but lose the flexibility of a zoom lens.
    If you find a CSS option or anywhere where you can add code (in HTML template you will have to add <style>cssproperties</style> before </head> for CSS to work) just add the below.

Code:
    #SITE_HEADERinlineContent { 
        background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
    }
    This targets the ID of SITE_HEADER (see here http://prntscr.com/sno68p) and gives it a background of black at 50% opacity. Sometimes you can add !important just before ; to force that value but it's not recommended as the CSS can get messy.

Yeah the 70-200 is fat old lens. I shot with it few times as both my friends have them and its chunky. Literally looked like I have a bazooka (run a P4K fully rigged out). Do you not miss the zoom at all since you have to now position yourself around more?
    -K

The text under Contact is a bit hard to read. Increasing the Font or making it bold will make it easier to read. My only gripe with the site

15+ Year Old Account
    If you find a CSS option or anywhere where you can add code (in HTML template you will have to add <style>cssproperties</style> before </head> for CSS to work) just add the below.

Code:
    #SITE_HEADERinlineContent { 
        background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
    }
    This targets the ID of SITE_HEADER (see here http://prntscr.com/sno68p) and gives it a background of black at 50% opacity. Sometimes you can add !important just before ; to force that value but it's not recommended as the CSS can get messy.

Yeah the 70-200 is fat old lens. I shot with it few times as both my friends have them and its chunky. Literally looked like I have a bazooka (run a P4K fully rigged out). Do you not miss the zoom at all since you have to now position yourself around more?
    I sometimes miss 70mm, but I don't miss 200mm.
    The reason why I opted for A7R IV over A9 is because of its resolution.
    I can crop significantly and still keep a lot of details. Photos from A7R IV are at 9500x6300 resolution, while A9 has 6000x4000.
    It was a tough choice, but my hobby is macro, and there resolution easily wins over tracking speed.

I'm at work and everything is blocked (even mmo-c), I'll try the bar when I get home, but I might try and get it more transparent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not the best place to ask for feedback since my page is focusing on the Swedish customers, but I'm curious if people can find any bugs and test how the page performs.
    Is it slow? Does it lag? Are the elements messed up?

I have only been able to test with Windows/Chrome at 1080p and 4k resolutions and a Note 10/iPhone/Android tablet.

It's a simple minimalistic website but also image heavy so if you have limited monthly usage you might want to avoid clicking the link.

www.nox.pictures
    Tried on Safari on iPad:

Client Login and Contact Form isn't shown, until I have actually scrolled past them and scrolled back up.
    Links in top right is light blue and almost invisible on that background with the fence; didn't notice it until 3rd time I reloaded the page.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Tried on Safari on iPad:

Client Login and Contact Form isn't shown, until I have actually scrolled past them and scrolled back up.
    Links in top right is light blue and almost invisible on that background with the fence; didn't notice it until 3rd time I reloaded the page.
    Weird, it worked fine on my iPhone. Both mobile and desktop versions. Unfortunately I don't own an iPad.
    But it might have lagged a bit. I did not optimize my website. Almost everything is animated and the photos are 500kb-1.5mb each.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sometimes miss 70mm, but I don't miss 200mm.
    The reason why I opted for A7R IV over A9 is because of its resolution.
    I can crop significantly and still keep a lot of details. Photos from A7R IV are at 9500x6300 resolution, while A9 has 6000x4000.
    It was a tough choice, but my hobby is macro, and there resolution easily wins over tracking speed.

I'm at work and everything is blocked (even mmo-c), I'll try the bar when I get home, but I might try and get it more transparent.
    Ah that makes sense that is a huge difference in resolution. Have you seen Proffesorhines? (https://www.instagram.com/professorhines/) he loves the 85mm look. I might invest into a stills but I primarily like video, although now it's holding me back as being able to take photos + film is great for estate video, I guess I could pick out 4K stills but it isn't the same.

The 1DX III looks juicy. The amount of money I spent rigging my P4K I could have been close to that haha.
    -K

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah that makes sense that is a huge difference in resolution. Have you seen Proffesorhines? (https://www.instagram.com/professorhines/) he loves the 85mm look. I might invest into a stills but I primarily like video, although now it's holding me back as being able to take photos + film is great for estate video, I guess I could pick out 4K stills but it isn't the same.

The 1DX III looks juicy. The amount of money I spent rigging my P4K I could have been close to that haha.
    He has beautiful photos. But he's shooting mostly people with his 85mm, for landscapes he's using 20-25mm.
    Shooting people is a huge no-no for me. I'm terrible at it XD

I tried to insert the code but it did not work. The dev tools look like this:

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird, it worked fine on my iPhone. Both mobile and desktop versions. Unfortunately I don't own an iPad.
    But it might have lagged a bit. I did not optimize my website. Almost everything is animated and the photos are 500kb-1.5mb each.
    I tried again, and if I scroll REALLY SLOW, I can see that the two "pages" fade in, but when I reload and scroll in my normal speed to get a view of the page, they load too slow, and I scroll past them, before they appear.

Images HAVE been loaded and displayed at this time, so, it's not download speed issue.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I'm on Windows 10 on Chrome and it takes AGES to load everything. My connection is slow (about 4mbs), but who knows the average speed there it might be alright. The design itself is very minimalist but attractive.

Opened your site, it works fine, but with some technical problems. I had a similar situation when I started my own culinary blog. In order to understand and fix all the necessary technical problems on the site, all the bugs and errors, I used the tool <snip> This tool crawls from the homepage to the deepest pages, pages specified in the XML Sitemap, and possibly your own list of URLs to check. The system can scan subdomains in one audit - no need to check them one by one. It's very convenient, I advise you to try it.

Edit: Removed link
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2020-12-30 at 06:34 PM.

It works well above with google chrome browser on my Samsung galaxy note 8 phone running Android 10.
    FL Studio Mobile APK OBB latest for Android