Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    As a fellow programmer, I'd love to see why this is the case. All I'm thinking is that due to some short-sightnessness instead of uncorrupting an item they decided to create a "corruption 0", a corruption that does nothing and has neither text nor effect, but is what Mother turns corruptions into. And devs chose to do that instead of just removing the corruption because of a possible memory corruption reason, dunno? It's always interesting to see what causes issues like this. Same with Blizzard claiming they didn't have the tech to increase primary bag space beyong 16 slots for years.

Or they could just be lying for some reason, w/e.

Fun change tho, gonna be more fun leveling an alt knowing gearing him for certain content is actually possible now.
    I'm pretty sure it's because they repurposed the deprecated Multistrike secondary stat from WoD in order to add corruption to items. Outside of crafted items, the secondaries on all other items are pre-determined and can't be changed so when the item is cleansed all it's really probably doing is disabling that specific stat and hiding the associated UI elements.

It's weird since crafted items in WoD had other items that you could use to re-roll their secondaries. Seems like something they could easily fix, but perhaps they just never took the time to port that functionality to non-crafted items.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Can you guys read? All echoes you have right now are worth 5 times less after the patch hits. Besides that - this is a catchup mechanic.
    Yeah and what if your rotation comes up and you're 100 short and have to wait another month?

Think please.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's because they repurposed the deprecated Multistrike secondary stat from WoD in order to add corruption to items. Outside of crafted items, the secondaries on all other items are pre-determined and can't be changed so when the item is cleansed all it's really probably doing is disabling that specific stat and hiding the associated UI elements.

It's weird since crafted items in WoD had other items that you could use to re-roll their secondaries. Seems like something they could easily fix, but perhaps they just never took the time to port that functionality to non-crafted items.
    Man calm down , you can only buy an item with 25k

Quote Originally Posted by Domixux View Post
    This is definitely wrong. I started late in 8.3 so i only have one char with essences unlocked. This char recently started to get echos. I think they are either tied to a specific cloak level or a specific upgrade in the chamber tree thing (i recently got the one on the very bottom so its probably the trigger)
    Source: Muh butthole

I hve ZERO echoes with my main, reached lvl 15 before they were implemented. You start earning them when you have another character with a rank 3 essence that your main doesn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I'm... not sure this is good for the game.

Has Blizzard really considered the consequences of allowing players to casually equip Expedient III in 9 gear slots for +108% increased Haste from all sources (as an example)?

There's a few DPS specializations that have been significantly growing in power over the last 2 months, mainly Shadow Priest and Beast Mastery Hunter. These specific specs scale so well that allowing them access to the complete ability to scale their stats permanently to insane values may just break class balance completely.
    Wouldn't that level of corruption lead to people exploding as soon as they start combat?

At the current pace of corruption resistance people are only going to have about 250 resistance by the time Shadowlands comes around.

"Due to a technical limitation, items that have been cleansed cannot be re-corrupted. We are looking into whether it will be possible to fix this, but we don’t want to hold up the whole system in the meantime."

You better hold up the system until that is done or make m+ 15+ drop 475 gear on end run chest , because the way most players adquire their 475 gear is m+ weekly chest and 99% of the times is useless corruption that get cleansed so item can be used or sold right away

Quote Originally Posted by TorAndre View Post
    True. Why care avout anything really. Why bother using a seatbelt. You are dead in 50 years or so anyway.
    10/10 on drama queen hyperbole scale.

BFA is dead content and all of this will go out the door when the pre event drops. I don't know how at this point you still have things to do that need that the one corruption you don't have

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I'm... not sure this is good for the game.

Has Blizzard really considered the consequences of allowing players to casually equip Expedient III in 9 gear slots for +108% increased Haste from all sources (as an example)?

There's a few DPS specializations that have been significantly growing in power over the last 2 months, mainly Shadow Priest and Beast Mastery Hunter. These specific specs scale so well that allowing them access to the complete ability to scale their stats permanently to insane values may just break class balance completely.
    Its the end of expansion.

Who cares.

Progression is over.

This is for lulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    10/10 on drama queen hyperbole scale.

BFA is dead content and all of this will go out the door when the pre event drops. I don't know how at this point you still have things to do that need that the one corruption you don't have
    BFA is nowhere dead content at all. Maybe for you, but not for the rest of us. If you only play 1% of the game however, I can understand it only takes weeks to get it done.

Just a short part of my current list of things to do in BFA

- Level up around 20 alts or so of all the class and race combos I want.

- Collect a shitloads of transmog from older raids and dungeons.

-Maxing out all the professions.

-Getting the other 15k achievement points.

-See the storylines in all the zones in the game.

-Do 5mask runs on all my classes.

-Kill Mythoc N'Zoth with my guild.

-Get all the pets to level 25.

So for me I wouldn't mind if Shadowlands was delayed another year or 2.

Honestly, it's a little difficult to believe the corruption part wasn't just a timeline design from the start. Which is unfortunate, if it's like that. But like, Blizzard has done a lot of stuff like this the past few years to stretch content, it just feels really blatant this time. I'm not talking about the cloak and visions, a good change and makes sense as nobody could know how visions would turn out... but the other thing.

I mean, the corruption RNG acquisition comes just after (expansion-timeline-wise) the RNG Azerite acquisition & its subsequent vendors and how that played out.
    Last edited by Stormykitten; 2020-05-19 at 02:09 AM.

Meh. Do not care about any of this one bit.

They still making Alts a miserable thing and I don’t know why.

1. Make Echoes Account Wide.
    2. Make the Mother Research Account Wide. (this is a very obvious one).
    3. Let us get as much +3 corruption resistance until we are caught up, not capping it weekly.

That would go a long way in helping alt progression and main catch up

Quote Originally Posted by Aussynr1 View Post

3. Let us get as much +3 corruption resistance until we are caught up, not capping it weekly.

because at that point you would log in on a alt and you are done gearing it up

Quote Originally Posted by Aussynr1 View Post

Why not make gear account wide while we at it so you can just create an alt and walk straight into mythic Ny'alotha. Essences are nothing more than gear slots.

lol blizzard come on, you always do that, make a QoL patch for a problem who is there for months and every time at the end of an expansion, like : yeah, be happy people, here a QoL when this mean nothing near a next expansion haha

Progression isn't over for everyone. My guild started Mythic 2 weeks ago. 4/12 so far, we are expected to do 4 visions and at least 1 15 key a week and that is pushing the playtime I have available considering I have been working 50-60 hours a week since we have a hiring freeze due to current situation with human malware.

Now I will be expected to earn every source of echoes available every day so I can have appropriate corruptions for every encounter. (Read at least 3 different sets of BIS corruptions) Yeah I dont have time to do daily quests, even I wanted to do them, and I dont. I want to raid.

So I guess ima fuck off till shadowlands comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Progression isn't over for everyone. My guild started Mythic 2 weeks ago. 4/12 so far, we are expected to do 4 visions and at least 1 15 key a week and that is pushing the playtime I have available considering I have been working 50-60 hours a week since we have a hiring freeze due to current situation with human malware.

Now I will be expected to earn every source of echoes available every day so I can have appropriate corruptions for every encounter. (Read at least 3 different sets of BIS corruptions) Yeah I dont have time to do daily quests, even I wanted to do them, and I dont. I want to raid.

I mean you could just join a reasonable guild too. I'm in two separate 2 day guilds that are 12/12m and neither required that much effort. Just do your weekly key and make sure your cloak isn't falling behind and you should be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post

I agree. If you aren't willing/don't have the time to put in the effort to minmax your character you shouldn't be attempting to clear the hardest difficulty raid. However, if you do 2 5 mask visions and 1 15 that is roughly 2 hours per WEEK spent. Complaining about getting guaranteed power that you can choose because you dont want to spend more than 2 hours a week+raid playing an MMO is showing that you don't have what it takes. Stick to heroic where you can get away with that small of a time investment or choose to play a different genre.

I don't know man tomorrow might be the straw for me. This patch is a fucking joke. Beta bullshit dude. Every-time they just find new ways to make me regret playing this patch.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Wouldn't that level of corruption lead to people exploding as soon as they start combat?

At the current pace of corruption resistance people are only going to have about 250 resistance by the time Shadowlands comes around.
    What? 250 resist? It caps at 125 for the cloak then there's your 1 essence for 10 which is a total of 135.