10+ Year Old Account

Players starting at lvl10 in shadowlands

I shouldn't be posting here, because i'm no longer playing, but something triggered my interest.

So, from shadowlans on players will start at level 10, and they get their first class skills at that level. The point his, what do you think will happen to all players below level 10? If we are meant to start at level 10, what is the goal with other 10 levels below? How will those players that are still playing at those levels below level 10 do stuff like engaging in combat? Do you think Blizzard is planning something to those levels?

I didn't posted this in the Shadowlands forum because this came to my mind. What if they improved racials and those first 10 levels are meant to be played with just racial skills?

This came to my mind for NElfs.
    - Shadowmeld
    - Sentinnel's Pain - Requires a melee weapon, deals weapon damage plus nature damage over time for 5s, 30s CD.
    - Howl's Eye - Requires a Bow, auto-attack with a Bow until reseted by another spell or disabled, 1m CD.
    - Nature Blessing - Passive, regenerates you for up to 25% of your health everytime you receive a critical hit, 3m CD.

Racial's skills would also reward a racial slot, and you could drop there any statless piece of gear of grey or white quality, for example a bow. They could implement racial talents to modify any of the race's spell's. These spell's would be usable on any higher level.

So, what do you think? Are they planning something like this?.

Uh... players won't start at level 10. They start at level 1... unless you're an allied race. They'll have their own basic abilities from 1-10 I'd assume. Racial only abilities sounds... no offense, a bit ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    I shouldn't be posting here, because i'm no longer playing, but something triggered my interest.

So, from shadowlans on players will start at level 10, and they get their first class skills at that level. The point his, what do you think will happen to all players below level 10? If we are meant to start at level 10, what is the goal with other 10 levels below? How will those players that are still playing at those levels below level 10 do stuff like engaging in combat? Do you think Blizzard is planning something to those levels?

I didn't posted this in the Shadowlands forum because this came to my mind. What if they improved racials and those first 10 levels are meant to be played with just racial skills?

This came to my mind for NElfs.
    - Shadowmeld
    - Sentinnel's Pain - Requires a melee weapon, deals weapon damage plus nature damage over time for 5s, 30s CD.
    - Howl's Eye - Requires a Bow, auto-attack with a Bow until reseted by another spell or disabled, 1m CD.
    - Nature Blessing - Passive, regenerates you for up to 25% of your health everytime you receive a critical hit, 3m CD.

Racial's skills would also reward a racial slot, and you could drop there any statless piece of gear of grey or white quality, for example a bow. They could implement racial talents to modify any of the race's spell's. These spell's would be usable on any higher level.

So, what do you think? Are they planning something like this?.
    players dont start at lvl 10, allied races start at lvl 10, hero classes (dk and dh) start at lvl 8

New players don't start at 10 in Shadowlands. They start at 1 in Exiles Reach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Uh... players won't start at level 10. They start at level 1... unless you're an allied race. They'll have their own basic abilities from 1-10 I'd assume. Racial only abilities sounds... no offense, a bit ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    New players don't start at 10 in Shadowlands. They start at 1 in Exiles Reach.
    yes, i'read that aswell.
    Problem here is, since they will only be able to train class spells at level 10, what skill's are they using? Will they just melee auto-attack for 10 levels?

Why on earth do you believe players start at level 10?
    Players will choose their spec and get spec specific skills starting at level 10.
    1-10 will remain the "starting experience" it always has been. With the benefit of a new starting zone.

Problem here is, since they will only be able to train class spells at level 10, what skill's are they using? Will they just melee auto-attack for 10 levels?
    Have you been on Classic too long?

Training spells from trainers has not been a thing for SEVERAL expansions. You get those spells automatically as you level up.

You get talent/spec tree at level 10, not class abilities.
    You will be starting with some base abilities not linked directly to the tree, and gain new abilities at certain levels, like always.

Example:
    Warrior.
    You don't talent tree blood thirst, rampage, charge, etc. You talent into abilities that modify these.
    You gain the abilities naturally through levels.

First of all it's nonsense that players start at level 10 with shadowlands.
    But even if they did, when 10 would be the starting level, what do you think would happen to those who are below that level? Obviously their level would have been increased to level 10 during the level squish.

yes, i'read that aswell.
    I have no idea where you're getting your information, but it's woefully inadequate. Come on man, read up on it, it takes 5 seconds to google this and find it on the official Blizzard page.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...ing-experience

The entire point of Exile's Reach is to teach you about the game and your class, including skills and abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, thanks, close thread.

yes, i'read that aswell.
    They won't be able to pick a spec until level 10. That's not the same as having no class spells.

So here's a summery for everyone:

Players start at level 1. They gain Basic abilities every few levels, in exile's reach there are even quests that gives you abilities now. They actually start with one of the specs (priests for example always start as a discipline-priest), but it's hidden until you reach level 10. Then you can switch between specs.

New Players always start at exiles reach, after this, they play the story forward of bfa (big mistake in my oppinion)
    Old Players can decide if they play in exiles reach or in the old starting zones. After this, they can play through every expansion in "chromie time"

Exemptions are: Allied races always start at level 10 of the Basic classes including Monk
    Hero classes start at level 8 in their starting zones.

If i made a mistake (except the part that playing through bfa is a big mistake for new players, that's 100% correct) please correct me, i correct it here in the summary.