Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
... LastLast
  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    The same MMORPG-game where you get a group of NPCs teaming up with you in the introduction of the next expansion?

    Oh, yeah. Looks like Blizzard and you have different opinions on where to develop the game, and thankfully they try to innovate stuff instead of holding on to a 20+ year old genre-definition with a death-grip like some people in this thread are.
    They're adding that to ensure WoW doesn't have the same problem XIV had/has - locking character progression though queue times. A new player is forced to go through the new starting content, which ends with a dungeon. The dungeon has to be completed in order to progress onto the main game. Now, imagine you're a new player, and you need to complete said dungeon, but the game can't find anyone to queue with. You're now stuck at a brick wall, unable to progress due to this dungeon.

    The only way to ensure this doesn't happen is to make it so that the dungeon will auto-fill with AI if it cannot find a group of real people to match you with. I had this issue in Shadowbringers, coming in late to the game last year. There's three Trials (one single fifteen minute instanced boss encounter - think Malygos) that the story, and end-game, are locked behind. These Trials offer litearlly nothing for completing them, so there is zero reason to go back and do them a second time unless it pops up in the Trial Roulette (which is a pretty damn low chance given how many Trials are in the game, the fact that the Trial ROulette's rewards are pretty meh, and that people game the queue by equipping low ilvl gear in order to get the easier Trials to pop up).

    This lead to me waiting for over an hour in all three Trials as a TANK, in order to complete them and move on with the story. Nothing says "Oh man, this is such an epic conclusion to the story" like watching the final boss make his apperance, your character get ready to fight, and then stand there for an hour in queue because SE are incompetent enough to lock the ENTIRE END GAME behind a single boss encounter that has zero rewards tied to it.

    The AI in the tutorial dungeon is a redundancy to ensure that this scenario doesn't happen, because unlike SE, Blizzard are actually competent when it comes to game design.

  2. #282
    Some of y'all should learn to socialise and make friends instead of calling everyone toxic and advocating to play as a loner. That sounds like projection. Just a thought.

  3. #283
    Herald of the Titans The Oblivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    FFXIV does have Meta Achieves for Mounts/Titles.
    not really. nothing meta, and the ones that exist are super out dated and for shit like tanking dungeons or mentor.

  4. #284
    yeah, give me 19 bot so i can farm easily current mythic raid FFS !!

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    yeah, give me 19 bot so i can farm easily current mythic raid FFS !!
    Quick! Kick the straw man more.

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by 2525r423ftr345 View Post
    Introduce bots with which we can run dungeons like in FF14 already Blizzard!
    Sure, as long as it's Normal/Heroic/Mythic, and not M+. Who gives a crap about babbymodes you can already solo today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    Some of y'all should learn to socialise and make friends instead of calling everyone toxic and advocating to play as a loner. That sounds like projection. Just a thought.
    What? You want us to socialize in a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE game? You crazy. (/s)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Lets say you can do m+ 10 solo by buying bots that carry you through the instance.
    You can already do that, I've bought 2 +15 on my most recent alt so far.

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    You can already do that, I've bought 2 +15 on my most recent alt so far.
    yeah and? So since you can already buy yourself to boosts in m+ and mythic raids, Blizzard should just add it into the core game?

    Maybe a good idea. They were to lazy to crack down on gold selling, so they decided to make buying gold legal. So instead of trying to stop the blatant advertisement in trade & lfg channel for boosts(that more or less are bought by real money), they can just give us bots we can buy. 100 dollars, you get a mythic clear!

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    What? You want us to socialize in a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE game? You crazy. (/s)
    It’s less a matter of socializing and more a matter of scheduling. It was less of an issue back when I was in college and was spending ridiculous amounts of time in game, helping guildies, putting groups together, joining pugs pre-LFR, etc.

    Nowadays I prefer content that I can log on, start, and finish within 30-60min with no waiting and no commitment to other players. The latter part is important to me. WoW will NEVER take precedence over anything else I have to do and I don’t like leaving people hanging if I have to go afk or log for one reason or another.

    People seem to think us solo players just want gear handed to us, but that isn’t the case. I think the recent trend of challenging solo content (Mage Tower and Visions) has been a good direction for the game and I look forward to seeing what we get in SL.

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    yeah and? So since you can already buy yourself to boosts in m+ and mythic raids, Blizzard should just add it into the core game?

    Maybe a good idea. They were to lazy to crack down on gold selling, so they decided to make buying gold legal. So instead of trying to stop the blatant advertisement in trade & lfg channel for boosts(that more or less are bought by real money), they can just give us bots we can buy. 100 dollars, you get a mythic clear!
    Never bought any thing with real money, M+ boosts cost around 200k gold.

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Name an MMO that has solo versions of it's top tier content. Not that OP is asking for solo raids or high m+ keys... but... if those other games are still limiting stuff behind non-solo environments, all you're really arguing is an arbitrary line in the sand.
    Nobody mentioned anything about "top tier content" just a something to give players a choice to get into/through dungeons without long queuetimes.
    Im arguing something I feel would be a win for the player, not to take anything away that is already there for those who want that.

    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Ofc its up to Blizzard what they want to do, thats quite obvious. I just enjoy debating this issue. I have played since vanilla and all of my strongest and best memories comes from playing with other people, not what a AI has done with me. That aspect is what really makes a MMORPG stand out compared to lets say Skyrim or any other solo gaming experience. You are there clearing and seeing content with other people, overcoming challenges with other people. It is different than compared to what a AI can give you.

    I just fear that if Blizz adds more solo heavy features theres nothing left of what made wow really strong. I also think alot of people are missing out on great experiences in the game because they have decided that everyone is toxic or mean, when thats not really true. There are assholes ofc, but not everyone are. THere are friendly and good players out there too.
    Okay I think those who played since classic have a little bit of rosy red glasses view on the game whenever something comes up that deviates from that formula, to be fair there has been many additions to the game that has taken a different path from the social aspects that you enjoyed back in vanilla, but I wouldnt argue that it has taken anything away that was already there.

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Nobody mentioned anything about "top tier content" just a something to give players a choice to get into/through dungeons without long queuetimes.
    Im arguing something I feel would be a win for the player, not to take anything away that is already there for those who want that
    Right, so we're talking arbitrary lines in the sand.

    Some questions I have then to get a better idea on how you think:

    Why should 5 man content be solo?
    Do you think, if the community gets 5 man content, they'll eventually want to remove the restrictions on raids, too?
    Would M+ be forced group still?
    If not, what makes m+ different enough in your mind to warrant not getting solo treatment?

  13. #293
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Lookout
    Posts
    20,147
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Tell me, where in retail wow cant you experience the game alone right now? If you dont do anything challenging content, you might awell treat the ppl there as bots. But what are you after here? Bots that carry you in difficult challenges or just a tourist mode that clears content you already will experience anyway?
    I play FFXIV these days and I'd love the Squadron system from it in WoW. Especially if it was available to alts. So leveling a DPS didn't have godawful queue times.

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Right, so we're talking arbitrary lines in the sand.

    Some questions I have then to get a better idea on how you think:

    Why should 5 man content be solo?
    Do you think, if the community gets 5 man content, they'll eventually want to remove the restrictions on raids, too?
    Would M+ be forced group still?
    If not, what makes m+ different enough in your mind to warrant not getting solo treatment?
    Why would I want a choice to queue up a normal/hc dungeon with NPC AI? I might want a fast queue because I dont have time to wait, or I want to experience the dungeon at a slower pace and have a closer look at the dungeon that I most likely wouldnt get if I ran with a pug "gogogo" group.
    The same goes for LFR, really. I dont think an idea like this should be implemented on higher difficulties than nm/hc dungeons and LFR to start off with.

    Mythic + is different than normal-mode or heroic-dungeons in the sense that they are made around the idea that your group needs to be co-ordinated to counter affix-mechanics and a timer to achieve and push for high-reward items, as oppposed to nm/hc dungeons where its just a stepping stone for fresh dinged characters atm.

  15. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I play FFXIV these days and I'd love the Squadron system from it in WoW. Especially if it was available to alts. So leveling a DPS didn't have godawful queue times.
    Godawful queue times? have you tried now? I recently lvld a Kul Tiran monk and now im leveling a Dark Iron Mage. The queue time is between 3-6 minutes for the most part. And since its leveling, you should try to quest inbetween dungeons

  16. #296
    Just do what I do because I can't be arsed talking to anyone, and I smell... just solo everything an expansion later

    This new Legion expac is brilliant!!

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    And how would a tourist mode solve anything when it comes down to dungeons? People would just be upset the bots dont take them to higher difficulties for better gear. If you complete the quests in a zone then enter normal dungeon, you get the lore and story of it already. So thats not what people really want here, its something else.
    Or maybe the queue time is an issue? How long are DPS queue times these days?

    Not everyone plays around the same time and also plays uninterrupted. Great for those who can. That is why some games have a pause button.

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    Some of y'all should learn to socialise and make friends instead of calling everyone toxic and advocating to play as a loner. That sounds like projection. Just a thought.
    or you dont notice that problem because you are part of toxic crowd yourself and dont want to loose that "power" you hold over them atm.

    look at visions - people are perfeckly happy runing them solo for milionth time - when nothing is stoping them from grouping up

    where is reason for that if not extreme toxicity of wow playerbase

    same will be with thorgast

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    look at visions - people are perfeckly happy runing them solo for milionth time
    Happy to run visions?

    You are forced to run them to get cloak upgrades. There's lots of people in Visions on alts for that reason.

    I just did a /who vision on Area 52 horde. 50+ people running it. But only like 15 have current raider.io scores. The rest are alts working on cloaks. And probably some of those mains are working on cloaks too. Some of those 15 are probably selling runs too.

    Also, I just checked twitch and I don't see anyone streaming Visions.

    Running them a MILLION times? Really?

  20. #300
    Banned Zremax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    https://zremax.com
    Posts
    9
    That could be pretty sick actually.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •