Additions to LFR I would like to see

It would be nice if we had two separate LFR queues. The one we currently have that lists the current expansion's raid wings and a new random queue that lists the name of the expansion automatically cycling through that expansion's LFR raids scaled to the player's level.

Makes no sense that we cannot queue up for old raids to experience them in full mechanics even at LFR difficulty level. I am bored of dungeon queues even though there are a ton of them, they get old pretty quickly. Maybe they can let us level through scaled older raids via a new LFR queue?

I mean you give us an XP buff, cool, but there is nothing fun to do with it. To me current wow is dead unless something fresh resurrects it momentarily again like the wow anniversary AV event....I'm not looking for a wow killer because it does not and will not exist, instead I am replacing WoW with about 5 other games just so things don't get boring like they did with wow except I don't pay a sub for those 5 other games...

I mean raids is what wow does best, so why not let us experience your best content?

I need something fun, doesn't need to reinvent the wheel. Here is my current wishlist besides the above:

- PVE Battle Grounds for leveling giving only XP and progression gear at the end of completion.
    - Free-for-all world PVP, solo, group vs group & raid vs raid battling out in the open world over decent rewards. FFA BG's too, would be nice.
    - Anniversary-like specific boss fight moments / mechanics bunched together to make a unique, multi-boss encounter, reliving the nostalgia of older raids nobody seems to bother with anymore.
    - Solo Q rated BG's and arenas based on certain requirements that have to be achieved in non-rated, giving both rated and unrated a purpose to be played.
    - AI controlled alts visible only to the player to use as questing buddies and help populate dead zones, make questing viable again (level two toons at once). AI with a chat bot function or voice over telling lore related things, jokes, doing emotes...etc would be nice
    - 4th specs for all classes, gradually released, making use of the class kit and only adding new themes with a maximum 3 to 5 new abilities. Much more interesting than class-skins imo. Unlockable via epic class quest lines.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2020-05-20 at 04:02 AM.

I don't know about WoD or Legion, but for DS and MoP raids there's an NPC standing outside that will let you solo queue for LFR
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I'm going to vote No on this...... the pain of doing MC LFR, the monthly Raid for Timewarped badges, etc is painful. While on paper it sounds like a good plan, the average IQ for a wow player is a tad above dirt and unless they added a handholding option id rather pluck out my eyeballs with a rusty spork
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyshbonez View Post
    I'm going to vote No on this...... the pain of doing MC LFR, the monthly Raid for Timewarped badges, etc is painful. While on paper it sounds like a good plan, the average IQ for a wow player is a tad above dirt and unless they added a handholding option id rather pluck out my eyeballs with a rusty spork
    They need to make it LFR level, meaning super weaken it, just for variety's sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    An LFR topic that doesn't make me wish that I had the ability to remotely force someone to punch themselves in the face. How about that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    I don't know about WoD or Legion, but for DS and MoP raids there's an NPC standing outside that will let you solo queue for LFR
    The words solo and raid don't go together unless you wanna do xmog collecting which i stopped doing because it is ridiculous how they make stuff your class cannot use drop all the time that you want on a class that can use them...it is so frustrating makes you despise the game and never wanna look at it ever again...

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    They need to make it LFR level, meaning super weaken it, just for variety's sake.
    I understand this, but the groups i got for MC LFR were terrible, I couldnt imagine trying to do it again, or AQ 40 as an LFR so many ppl would get lost, or not even pay attention during twin emps
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

Even at an LFR difficulty level that doesn't bypass the lack of knowledge of mechanics. The current LFR community doesn't even quite succeed at learning a single raid tier's worth of mechanics at a given time. It would be like that first week of a new LFR wing every time you stepped into one of those old raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    Even at an LFR difficulty level that doesn't bypass the lack of knowledge of mechanics. The current LFR community doesn't even quite succeed at learning a single raid tier's worth of mechanics at a given time. It would be like that first week of a new LFR wing every time you stepped into one of those old raids.
    Even better, you don't want it to bore you to death like in dungeon queues...

Even than it still too hard for people. One thing you can't count on is people IQ.

Even better, you don't want it to bore you to death like in dungeon queues...
    Wiping to people not knowing mechanics doesn't make it actually challenging or fun, just more frustrating. If it were to be used as a leveling system it would need to be just as braindead as the existing methods (basically strip out all the mechanics) or it won't be anywhere near as efficient as questing and dungeons and would ultimately not be used by enough people to get even remotely reasonable queue times for the people that want to do it to see the raid.
    Last edited by Fritters154; 2020-05-20 at 04:52 AM.

The words solo and raid don't go together unless you wanna do xmog collecting which i stopped doing because it is ridiculous how they make stuff your class cannot use drop all the time that you want on a class that can use them...it is so frustrating makes you despise the game and never wanna look at it ever again...
    But why would you then want to run LFR? On the one hand you want it to be LFR diffculty which in the past was ignore everything and just do damage to the boss and on the other hand you don't want to do them solo because it's too boring.

Even the newer LFR in BFA where they keep at least one mechanic that will wipe the raid if ignored, it's very easy and if your raid wipes a couple times you can almost ignore that mechanic again. Went into LFR Nzoth an people didn't understand that they need to pull the mob into the tentacles to stack a debuff so they can kill it faster. After 5 wipes or so the raid did 25% more damage and we could ignore that mechanic and just nuke everything down.

It isn't hard and isn't really fun and the gear you get out of LFR also isn't great. So why que for older LFR if not for the transmog?

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    Even the newer LFR in BFA where they keep at least one mechanic that will wipe the raid if ignored, it's very easy and if your raid wipes a couple times you can almost ignore that mechanic again. Went into LFR Nzoth an people didn't understand that they need to pull the mob into the tentacles to stack a debuff so they can kill it faster. After 5 wipes or so the raid did 25% more damage and we could ignore that mechanic and just nuke everything down.
    Blizzard game designers are caught between a rock and a hard place regarding boss mechanics.

On one hand, they could introduce the mechanics earlier outside the raids. So people can gain a bit of experiences with these mechanics. In dungeons or some other forms.

However, if they do that, then the bosses have nothing new to offer since people have seen it before. Sure they can make it a bit more involved but the underlying mechanics is known. One of the fun thing about boss encounters are the mechanics involved.

So what is the solutions?

Not everyone plays the games the same way. Not everyone has mods. Not everyone checks youtube for boss encounters before they enter the raid for the first time.

Infact, WoW is the only game where it actively encourages people to watch youtube videos before actually playing. How many people enters a raid blind? Literally with no information of any sort about whats inside?

Blizzard wants to retains some sense of discovery but the community actively discourage that raids. The community expects the participants to be armed with the correct mods and full knowledge of what the boss will do during the fight. How many people play other games that way?

It would be nice if we had two separate LFR queues. The one we currently have that lists the current expansion's raid wings and a new random queue that lists the name of the expansion automatically cycling through that expansion's LFR raids scaled to the player's level.

Makes no sense that we cannot queue up for old raids to experience them in full mechanics even at LFR difficulty level. I am bored of dungeon queues even though there are a ton of them, they get old pretty quickly. Maybe they can let us level through scaled older raids via a new LFR queue?

I mean you give us an XP buff, cool, but there is nothing fun to do with it. To me current wow is dead unless something fresh resurrects it momentarily again like the wow anniversary AV event....I'm not looking for a wow killer because it does not and will not exist, instead I am replacing WoW with about 5 other games just so things don't get boring like they did with wow except I don't pay a sub for those 5 other games...

I mean raids is what wow does best, so why not let us experience your best content?

I need something fun, doesn't need to reinvent the wheel. Here is my current wishlist besides the above:

- PVE Battle Grounds for leveling giving only XP and progression gear at the end of completion.
    - Free-for-all world PVP, solo, group vs group & raid vs raid battling out in the open world over decent rewards. FFA BG's too, would be nice.
    - Anniversary-like specific boss fight moments / mechanics bunched together to make a unique, multi-boss encounter, reliving the nostalgia of older raids nobody seems to bother with anymore.
    - Solo Q rated BG's and arenas based on certain requirements that have to be achieved in non-rated, giving both rated and unrated a purpose to be played.
    - AI controlled alts visible only to the player to use as questing buddies and help populate dead zones, make questing viable again (level two toons at once). AI with a chat bot function or voice over telling lore related things, jokes, doing emotes...etc would be nice
    - 4th specs for all classes, gradually released, making use of the class kit and only adding new themes with a maximum 3 to 5 new abilities. Much more interesting than class-skins imo. Unlockable via epic class quest lines.
    Nobody would queue for scaled up LFRs unless there is some really lucrative reward. But then do you really want to stuff... how many? Twentysomething tier worth of raids? Sounds like a bad idea.

What is this fixation on 4th specs? Then you'll want 5th specs? 6th? Why 4 and 3 (2 DH) is not enough? Druids would get a 5th? What will make the 4th suddenly "tha best"?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

nah, the past needs to be left in the past. the focus should be on current and future content, not old content. as for your other suggestions:

-this reminds me of warfronts, yeah let's not go there
    -you mean like warmode?
    -they do that every anniversary already
    -you can solo q unrated bg's but no the rated ones require a group - that won't change, nor should it
    -you want the AI to control one of your toons to level them up while you level another up? yeah, no.....
    -a 4th spec (or 3rd and 5th if you play DH & Druid) would only make classes more homogeneous and spec identity would disappear even more than it has

Then there is no sense in time walk. And I'm sure it's pretty hard to group up people with different ilvl during lvling.