Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BingoBango View Post
    Again, I'm so happy that you are nowhere near a deciding position.
    people like you think exactly like Hitler did, and look where that got him

- - - Updated - - -

Let's move the game forward, and not stagnate in the past!
    Dont be that transparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Than YOU did not play BALANCE.

See...not a choice. If you did not use moonkin form in vanilla...YOU LITERALLY were not playing balance.

Oh and yes it was a lvl 40 talent.
    What if I told you I could be playing balance not not pick that talent at the same time!! whoah :O:O

not like someone is holding a gun to your head or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I have no issue with making the moonkin form optional, but I think it should be an opt-out system, rather than opt-in (for the moonkin form). Shapeshift forms are at the core of the druid class, always have been. Making people jump through hoops to actually play them as they were always playable sounds wrong
    Well no it hasn't, case in point being Restoration which only had an associated form for a few years. I do agree Moonkin should be default though.

Personally I feel like Glyph of the Stars should be less like a blue Shadowform too, but I'd be perfectly happy with Moonkin just being the default form for Balance rather than caster form (example: Bear Form -> cast Regrowth -> you're now in caster form - this should be Moonkin Form for Balance).
    This way Balance wouldn't have that awkwardness with shapeshifting that no other Druid spec has.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Glyph of stars × the grimoire from Drustvar (No CD toy)= voila, not transparent. Just a slight tint and some effect
    well that certainly is a step forward, but still not the optimal solution :/

5+ Year Old Account
    They should make more moonkin forms like they did for bears/cats in Legion or offer better racial variants. Let the Nightelves kee the sage owls and chicken bears. Zandalari and Ku'Tirans are a step in the right direct imo. The bat forms of trolls too but those need an overhaul.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    How can you even play moonkin without the moonkin form. I rather vote for removing glyph of the stars.
    Same here, and also I'd argue to add more customizations in the forms with more varieties like they did in legion with the tank and melee dps one
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Than YOU did not play BALANCE.

See...not a choice. If you did not use moonkin form in vanilla...YOU LITERALLY were not playing balance.

Oh and yes it was a lvl 40 talent.
    Is a 30/0/21 Shaman not Elemental either? Huh.

- - - Updated - - -

How can you even play moonkin without the moonkin form. I rather vote for removing glyph of the stars.
    #Logic, remove other people's choice because I don't like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    my 2 cents:

what we really need is:

- moonkin form (optional)
    - normal form with all gear visible (optional)
    - glyph of stars form/glyph (optional)

all 3 options should be a free choice for everyone. because it seems there are the same amount of players for each option. i say this bc it is horrible cheap for Blizz to implement all 3. glyph of stars already exists. moonkin form can be a book, like treant. and normal form and cast animatiins already exists. so all that Blizz have to do is moving moonkin form to a cosmetic book, make the dps increase baseline for balance spec and everyone will be happy.
    The bolded suggestion wouldn't work without also making Moonkin form the form you default to when automatically unshifting, otherwise it's a gameplay advantage over the other options.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Is a 30/0/21 Shaman not Elemental either? Huh.

- - - Updated - - -

#Logic, remove other people's choice because I don't like it.
    if you went all the way to moonkin form, but didnt pick it up, you were an idiot. you had the points, you were right there, get it.
    and only putting like 10 points into something does not make you that spec, it makes you a hybrid/off into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Yeah , what is next ? A mage looking like a damn paladin because "Muh Choice" ?

Druids are shapeshifters , deal with it .

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    my 2 cents:

what we really need is:

- moonkin form (optional)
    - normal form with all gear visible (optional)
    - glyph of stars form/glyph (optional)

all 3 options should be a free choice for everyone. because it seems there are the same amount of players for each option. i say this bc it is horrible cheap for Blizz to implement all 3. glyph of stars already exists. moonkin form can be a book, like treant. and normal form and cast animatiins already exists. so all that Blizz have to do is moving moonkin form to a cosmetic book, make the dps increase baseline for balance spec and everyone will be happy.

- - - Updated - - -

how stupid to remove an option ppl like and whats already years in the game, when it is same complex as makin moonkin form optional for everyone.
    Amen!!! Choices and options are the key in every game and MMORPG ^^
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    And then wonder why 65% of balance and resto druids have stopped playing Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Sounds like you haven't heard of Glyph of the stars.
    If you put on glyph of stars and then turn it off, you will clearly see a big difference between glyph of stars and your regular transmog.

Wtb Froot Loop Glyph for my boomkin cuz i dislike the current form itself. I need to feel colorful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    And then wonder why 65% of balance and resto druids have stopped playing Druid.
    In the realm of 'stats I pulled out of my ass'...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I agree. The entire point of playing a druid is shapeshifting, people know what they signed up for.
    Yeah, bring tree form back!!

Yeah, I think I'm kind of over Moonkin Form now. It moving to a cosmetic form I think is a good way to leave it available to people who still like it.

The Cosmetic Treant and Cosmetic Moonkin forms being off GCD and/or have the forms persist through other shape-shifts would help players who want to be able to use these in raiding, as currently Cosmetic Treant goes away when druids use abilities like Dash.

I don't play a nature class to be a starry blue color. glyph of stars is trash

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmorDillo View Post
    ...Just like Shadowform for shadow priests should toggle off when they cast a healing spell for example.
    Make the game more dynamic.
    If we have to go back shadowform every time after casting healing etc, then either make SP extremely tanky, have more instant casts, very mobile, instant heals or something like that. In current versio of wow melee is so insanely OP when it comes to keeping caster from casting anything that only way to win 1v1 against melee who is also decent/good pvper is to have all CDs ready and spam selfheals whenever you can get that fucker away from melee range.
    Heals removing shadowform worked before because melee didn't have 20 stuns, 5 interrupts, 10 self defense skills, 24/7 50-90% slow and crazy mobility.
    Nowadays it won't work.

#giveSPstealthback
    Last edited by Ihazpaws; 2020-05-23 at 08:25 PM.

I am not a fan of the idea, because by the logical extension of it then Ferals shouldn't be in cat form and Guardians not in Bear form. At which point one has to ask "what is the point of druids and their forms?". And before anyone starts talking bollocks about "choice", you have to realise that too much choice means you have no solid basis for a foundation, and that foundation for druids in WoW is their different forms needed for doing their job.

In an ideal world, one where Blizzard actually utilise properly their amazing art team, they would use the different sets (tier/pvp/even introduce dungeon ones) to have cosmetic changes for each form, something that they showed in Legion that they can do well with the artifact weapons. But that would make too much sense so they just spend all their time on how the sets look when out of form only.
    Last edited by Fkiolaris; 2020-05-23 at 08:40 PM.

While I personally enjoy the glyph of stars since it’s basically shadow form for Balance, it’s still a bandaid solution.

But it also represents a slippery slope; if we allow balance to have cosmetic only forms, what about feral or bears?

The big issue is really that moonkin just look so irredeemably stupid.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation