Wolverine - yeah!

DC
    Wonder Woman
    Rorschach
    Superman

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Magneto views living with humans the same way you or I would view living with a pride of wild lions: they are less evolved, fearful of the things you can do, and will probably destroy you sooner or later. It doesn't matter how well behaved the best lions in the pride are - eventually the bad ones will attack.
    this is a surprisingly good metaphor but it also leaves out that magneto in this scenario would be constantly attacking and murdering members of the lion pride because he think's hes better then them and not bound by any thing they hold value in.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2020-05-25 at 01:38 AM.

Marvel
    1. Thor
    2. Loki
    3. Spiderman

DC
    1. Batman
    2. Riddler
    3. Catwoman

Marvel:

1. Iron Man, because cool gadgets and engineering capability, as well as his personality.
    2. Spider-man, because his abilities are cool and his personality affable.
    3. Wolverine, because his abilities are cool, personality interesting, and since he's old af he has a rich history to dvelve into.

DC:

1. Batman, because cool af. I also like the detective aspect and how he must find a way to get around problems rather than just Superman through everything. And unlike Superman he doesn't have a singular lame weakness, but is susceptible to the same ills as anyone + some psychological things related to what he's gone through in life.
    2. Flash, because speed-stuff is neat. Really, just that, I don't find Barry Allen that endearing otherwise.
    3. Joker, because he's chaos personified. Just a dude, yet can still rock worlds. I love to see different takes on him by modern actors.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Marvel:

1. One-Above-All
    2. Beyonder
    3. Living Tribunal

DC:

1. The Presence
    2. Michael Demiurgos
    3. Elaine Belloc

Resident Cosplay Progressive

All in context of comics and/or animation

Marvel:

1. Rogue (curvy not emo version)
    2. Johnny Storm
    3. Juggernaut

DC:

1. Batman (TAS version)
    2. Superman
    3. Kyle Rayner Green Lantern

Thanos
    Deadpool
    Iron man

Constantine
    Batman
    Deadshot

Iron Man
    Daredevil
    Deadpool

Batman
    Joker
    Two Face

Marvel; Wolverine, Punisher, Gambit. They are just so awesome.
    For DC, I have no attachments. I wonder why tho. I know many characters but cannot say I have the same awe compared to the above 3.

Marvel:

1. Black Widow
    2. Capt Marvel
    3. iron Man

Because of various reasons: nostalgia comics/movies (Iron Man), because I like red hairs (Black Widow) and because she is awesome in Marvel Champions LCG (Capt Marvel)...

Actually I like the board games around the theme far more than the present day comics...

DC.

Only Batman because I played with the Dinky Toys Batmobile at a very early age, kept it in mint condition until my younger brother decided to put his teeth in it and ate the tires...

10+ Year Old Account
    Colossus
    Ghost Rider
    Moon knight

The Question
    Spectre
    Etrigan

Change! Change! O form of man!
    Free the prince forever damned!
    Free the might from fleshy mire!
    Boil the blood in the heart for fire!
    Gone! Gone! O form of man
    And rise the demon Etrigan!!
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-05-27 at 05:15 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    this is a surprisingly good metaphor but it also leaves out that magneto in this scenario would be constantly attacking and murdering members of the lion pride because he think's hes better then them and not bound by any thing they hold value in.
    What you are leaving out is that the reason Magneto is attacking and murdering members of the lion pride is because lions have attacked and murdered his family...more than once...simply for not being lions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    What you are leaving out is that the reason Magneto is attacking and murdering members of the lion pride is because lions have attacked and murdered his family...more than once...simply for not being lions.
    And then he does the same to totally different unrelated lions and so on and so on.

He’s stuck in a loop that he him self continues and makes worse with each passing cycle and not only does he choose not to break it but he’ll kill other none lions to keep it going.

He doesn’t care that the lions kill his kind he does that as well all he cares about is being above the lions and being looked up to as some one who stands against them.

And then he does the same to totally different unrelated lions and so on and so on.

He’s stuck in a loop that he him self continues and makes worse with each passing cycle and not only does he choose not to break it but he’ll kill other none lions to keep it going.
    Magneto has, on several occasions, tried to break the cycle. He's joined the X-men. He even surrendered himself to human authority to stand trial for his crimes. The problem being is he isn't the only one that gets stuck in that cycle.

He doesn’t care that the lions kill his kind he does that as well all he cares about is being above the lions and being looked up to as some one who stands against them.
    That's a flat out lie. All he cares about are his people. He lived through the Holocaust...where he was hated because he was a jew. Now he sees the exact same thing happening to Mutants.

I mean...he's no saint and he has a lot of blood on his hands. But most top tier villains are just interested in power for it's own sake. He wants power to protect his people.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-05-27 at 09:57 AM.

You taught me something; and I didn't know they were different. I just thought they were superhero character from the same company. Batman seems pretty cool, superman as well and spiderman, those are my top 3 out of both I guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Magneto has, on several occasions, tried to break the cycle. He's joined the X-men. He even surrendered himself to human authority to stand trial for his crimes. The problem being is he isn't the only one that gets stuck in that cycle.

That's a flat out lie. All he cares about are his people. He lived through the Holocaust...where he was hated because he was a jew. Now he sees the exact same thing happening to Mutants.

I mean...he's no saint and he has a lot of blood on his hands. But most top tier villains are just interested in power for it's own sake. He wants power to protect his people.
    I can only think of one time where he actually tires to break the cycle and not just put him self above humans but he was re radicalized and ended up moving the xmen more towards his radical views then the other way around which lead into Cyclopes also becoming a radical leading to schism.

He only cares for his people in the same way doctor doom does he wants them to hold him up as a figure head to feed his sense of superiority. he doesn’t care about them as actual people he cares that they feed his narcism and constantly strives so they will keep doing so. You see this in house of M and when he’s murdering little girls In secret so he doesn’t Have to face what people would think of him and his inability to make a choice that doesn’t keep him on top.

I can only think of one time where he actually tires to break the cycle and not just put him self above humans but he was re radicalized and ended up moving the xmen more towards his radical views then the other way around which lead into Cyclopes also becoming a radical leading to schism.

He only cares for his people in the same way doctor doom does he wants them to hold him up as a figure head to feed his sense of superiority. he doesn’t care about them as actual people he cares that they feed his narcism and constantly strives so they will keep doing so. You see this in house of M and when he’s murdering little girls In secret so he doesn’t Have to face what people would think of him and his inability to make a choice that doesn’t keep him on top.
    Flat out wrong. Doom wants Power for the sake of power. Magneto wants to help his people. Yes, for a time he even considered himself the best choice to lead them...but he stepped back when he saw Cyclops step up. He believed Scott was more of a leader than either him or Xavier.

He's tried it Xavier's way. He doesn't believe that works. In his view, Humans are too narrow-minded and fearful for long term peace between them to last. War is inevitable...and he wants to make sure that his people win.

I want to be respectful to you here...but I think I may have a bit more knowledge on this matter than you do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Flat out wrong. Doom wants Power for the sake of power. Magneto wants to help his people. Yes, for a time he even considered himself the best choice to lead them...but he stepped back when he saw Cyclops step up. He believed Scott was more of a leader than either him or Xavier.

https://arousinggrammardotcom.files....edemption5.jpg
    https://arousinggrammardotcom.files....pg?w=590&h=814
    https://arousinggrammardotcom.files....pg?w=590&h=934

He's tried it Xavier's way. He doesn't believe that works. In his view, Humans are too narrow-minded and fearful for long term peace between them to last. War is inevitable...and he wants to make sure that his people win.

I want to be respectful to you here...but I think I may have a bit more knowledge on this matter than you do.
    he doesn't care if he directly rules as long as he can be held up as a moral figure head and have people feed his ego about how right he was. he lets Cyclopes rule so he can sit as the devil on his shoulder and move him further and further towards his own views this leads directly into schism and X vs A and continues all the way up to there new ethnostate where they are being incredibly blatant that he is a ego maniac.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was waiting for the current X Men run to be brought up to say this... You might have better luck identifying Magneto’s motivation, if you confine it to specific writers. After all, Grand Morrison’s Magneto is a hell of a lot different than Claremont, both of which is very different than Hickman. In fact, Hickman’s modern explanation has several different kinds of Magneto... and if he dies, a Professor X modified version is reborn.

Professor X... or... is it time tripping Franklin Richards that is doing his version of Maker...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-05-27 at 06:25 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I was waiting for the current X Men run to be brought up to say this... You might have better luck identifying Magneto’s motivation, if you confine it to specific writers. After all, Grand Morrison’s Magneto is a hell of a lot different than Claremont, both of which is very different than Hickman. In fact, Hickman’s modern explanation has several different kinds of Magneto... and if he dies, a Professor X modified version is reborn.
    This is true he varies from writer to writer but tends to default back to villain/X-Men allied narcissist but of course this isn’t always the case.