10+ Year Old Account

Suggestion for Shadowlands being Alt friendly

So, we all know Legion and BFA were harsh on alts with their power up systems, legendaries, corruptions etc..

With Shadowlands following a similar pattern, with Covenants having soul binds which will take time to collect, we're heading for a similar feel.

As a suggestion, I believe having your chosen Covenant/Soul Bind should be account wide, for that specific Covenant.

So, say you max out your reputation and binds with the Night Fae, and decide to level an alt, if you decide to go with Night Fae again, we should be given access to all of our main characters soul binds and standing. If you choose another Covenant, you start from scratch as you normally would (which gives more of a personal choice).

Also, I feel the Mission Table could use an account wide system also. Basically you send missions off per account, instead of character. I think this would be fair on solo players, and people with plentiful alts. Just give us more followers/missions to send out at a time perhaps.

Really struggling to enjoy playing alts at the moment and wanted to share what I think could have been a cool look at for the future.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    well the system they are going with is kinda similar to that. basically your main has to level in a set order and experience each covenant before choosing one. alts are able to choose where to level and can pick their covenant straight away so they will level the covenant of their choice (and soulbinds) a lot faster than mains will

edit: as for the mission table how would account wide work? because the entire anima power system would have to be account wide for that to have any sort of effect and yeah that won't be happening.
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2020-05-26 at 02:59 AM.

I don't understand how the legendary system is alt-friendly. If the legendaries are class or even spec-specific, how does having them unlocked account-wide help alts that are likely for a different class / spec? I'm sure there will be some generic one like Prydaz, but those are usually not high on people's priority lists anyways.

If you want to have alt as powerful as main you have to work for it.

The way they set up covenants should be fine.
    Mission table is not feasible account wide unless they remove AP rewards from it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I don't understand how the legendary system is alt-friendly. If the legendaries are class or even spec-specific, how does having them unlocked account-wide help alts that are likely for a different class / spec? I'm sure there will be some generic one like Prydaz, but those are usually not high on people's priority lists anyways.
    Recipes for legendaries will be account wide. All you have to do is climb Torghast once to week until you hit a cap for materials. What else Blizzard needs to do for you to be "alt friendly"? Give you all raid gear for hiting curve or something?

They don't want to make everything account wide and i think it is fine. In Legion AP was a bit much. AP in BfA was allright but the essences threw a stick between your legs.
    I think the leveling of said tree in SL will not be that hard as you can start way earlier with your twinks.
    As for the soulbinds... do we know if those conduits are not items you have to collect everytime you change them? Like the crucible

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Recipes for legendaries will be account wide. All you have to do is climb Torghast once to week until you hit a cap for materials. What else Blizzard needs to do for you to be "alt friendly"? Give you all raid gear for hiting curve or something?
    Again, recipes that will only be relevant if my alt is the same class, which is unlikely for most people.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Again, recipes that will only be relevant if my alt is the same class, which is unlikely for most people.
    How the hell you know this? We don't know specifics yet, but from all interview we got "you don't have to farm these recipes on alts" vibe. You think Ion said that only to crazy Method players with 4 alts for each class or something?