Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Can Someone be Sexy and Ugly?

The cute vs sexy thread reminded me of this.

I had an argument with a co worker years ago. He argued that a woman (we are strait men) can be sexy even if she isn't pretty. I disagreed, I said sexy means sexually appealing and to be sexually appealing you need to find the woman pretty in the first place. He never explained himself well... just to him pretty and sexy can exist separately, I think sexy REQUIRES pretty to exist.

What do you think? It doesn't make sense to me that you (we are talking you here) can be like "she isn't pretty... but yeah she is sexy"

A person i knew told the girl he wanted to date "i dont think you are exactly beautiful but i still want to date you"

I thought she was hot...so i dated her instead of him (eventually)

Different people think different things.

Sexy can be just as much about attitude as it is looks.

That's why some guys say "put a bag over the head." The body is fuckable but she ain't kissable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    What do you think? It doesn't make sense to me that you (we are talking you here) can be like "she isn't pretty... but yeah she is sexy"
    I think it's possible but extremely difficult. A long time ago I thought this one ugly girl was sexy and I can't explain why exactly. She had a very spicy (but never annoying) attitude/personality and an interesting clothing style, daring while still classy. She wasn't thin or fat and I'm not sure if a fat person can make it work. But there definitely are a couple ways to be sexy that aren't purely based on being naturally pretty, IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Exactly yeah.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-05-24 at 06:17 PM.

never seen it myself. Closest example was one of my mothers friend at a wedding, she was 50+ and honestly she did look her age in skin and a lot of feature, but she had a perfect womenly figure and beautiful eyes. She looked so glamerous in her dress at the wedding reception, she was alone there and i had to hold myself back not to ask my mother if she was single lol. Mabye i should have thinking about it years later. So its not the samething because i could definitvly see she was easily a 9+ if you take off 15 years off her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    That depends entirely on your fetish.

Yes, as is evident by all the non-10-pointers breeding in this world.

Someone ugly in one person's eyes, can be sexy. It might have to be in the eyes of another, but they can still be sexy.
    I for one never thought I'd find Steve Buscemi sexy... then I saw him in a full goatee and a role where he had an attitude that just came off as sexy-as-all-hell.

its called Butter-Face

downright sexy and you are forced to bang them from behind....

most men also only consider sexy...from the neck down....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Yeah see we will agree to disagree there. While presentation and attitude certainly are part of it I feel pretty is also a requirement. My former co worker would agree with you I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    its called Butter-Face

downright sexy and you are forced to bang them from behind....

most men also only consider sexy...from the neck down....
    Hey i fell in love for the personality of one person once so is not a myth

My first gf was because she was pretty and i was young and stupid
    Second...im not sure...but i thought she was hot
    The third...i was just feeling lonely and wanted something carnal...she refused anything carnal...so i walked away...(i was not in love i admit)
    The 4th is where it happened! She had a bit of extra meat but i loved her! So much! So cute! So innocent also! Didnt work out though and was the first time where i broke up in good terms...all ended without hate for the first time beautiful ending

10+ Year Old Account
    As close as I have ever heard is butter face, someone who has an attractive body but not much else.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I submit Cara Delevingne for consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Yeah see we will agree to disagree there. While presentation and attitude certainly are part of it I feel pretty is also a requirement. My former co worker would agree with you I'd imagine.
    Well, everyone can decide for themselves what does and what does not qualify as "sexy". It's entirely subjective.

Also, I would add that your friend said "sexy and not pretty"...while your thread is "sexy and ugly". Someone can be "not pretty" without being "ugly"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    What about her?

Some will say she is pretty and sexy.
    Some will say she is pretty, but not that sexy.
    Some will say she is sexy, but not that pretty.
    Some will say she is neither pretty nor sexy
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-05-24 at 07:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugly as in i am repulsed by their appearance than you can act however you like i won't be turned on, even if she acted in a way that would check all the boxes of my list.
    However if we are speaking in lesser gradations of ugliness such as facial features being less, women i wouldn't initially be attracted to and wouldn't consider dating seriously, i would consider one night stands with some for a night of fun, but i mean there has to be some level of attractiveness involved.

Aren't men generally more wired to focus on the physical? So rather odd statement for a man to make could be he was considering someone who others didn't consider to be attractive be he did or maybe your colleague was speaking of a sober vs a non-sober impression?

- - - Updated - - -

That's ugly in your book? Ouch, i mean can't be easy for you to find a date with those standards.

Never experienced "Ey, nice backside *rawr* , I wonder what she looks like from the front... OMFG, kill it with fire!" before, eh?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course they can.

Just better hope the sexy side of the coin lands
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Ugly as in i am repulsed by their appearance than you can act however you like i won't be turned on, even if she acted in a way that would check all the boxes of my list.
    However if we are speaking in lesser gradations of ugliness such as facial features being less, women i wouldn't initially be attracted to and wouldn't consider dating seriously, i would consider one night stands with some for a night of fun, but i mean there has to be some level of attractiveness involved.

Aren't men generally more wired to focus on the physical? So rather odd statement for a man to make could be he was considering someone who others didn't consider to be attractive be he did or maybe your colleague was speaking of a sober vs a non-sober impression?

- - - Updated - - -

That's ugly in your book? Ouch, i mean can't be easy for you to find a date with those standards.
    i consider her sexy/ugly. looks weird but in a sexy way. just an opinion, no need to make personal comments about other posters, fam. and no to worry about me dating, i'm happily married.
    Last edited by Dwarfhamster; 2020-05-24 at 08:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i consider her sexy/ugly. looks weird but in a sexy way. just an opinion, no need to make personal comments about other posters, fam. and no to worry about me dating, i'm happily married.
    Not the intend to make it personal just wondering if you found that ugly what your standards were when it comes to beauty. But you redefined it now as "weird" i can see somewhat what you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Opinions and such, almost as if that was the reason she was brought up.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.