3+ Year Old Account

Soo... Bwonsamdi's 'deal' for a million souls..

Is that still a thing? I know the player character makes a pact/deal with him to get a million souls in exchange for him fighting the Blood Trolls, but I don't see him mentioning it in the Datamined text for Shadowlands. Could it be that Mueh'zala's confrontation with him/and near murder scared him soo much he decided that it was done?

Oh and another thing, he mentions it if you talk to him near the end during the Zandalari unlock questline

Is this just a 'red shirt guy' thing I noticed, or is it just nothing?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think the "deal" wasn't explicitly for a million souls, but more "I give you my boon and you kill all the Blood Trolls you see." A deal we live up to when we decimate every Blood Troll stronghold from Zal'amak to Zul'Nazman, up to and including killing their god G'huun.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think the "deal" wasn't explicitly for a million souls, but more "I give you my boon and you kill all the Blood Trolls you see." A deal we live up to when we decimate every Blood Troll stronghold from Zal'amak to Zul'Nazman, up to and including killing their god G'huun.
    Ah I see. I just find it interesting how he asks you how your 'soul collection' is going and that 'Loa know Ol' Bwonsamdi ain't keepin' count'

If he's in the Ardenweald main questline, we might see him mention it again

10+ Year Old Account
    i honestly thought it was just a reference to Davy Jones and CAPTAIN jack sparrow.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

I was under impression that the deal for million souls was interrupted. Then the blood trolls attacked. I dont recall how it exactly went, but bwonsamdi basically decided its ok for you to kill blood trolls.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I was under impression that the deal for million souls was interrupted. Then the blood trolls attacked. I dont recall how it exactly went, but bwonsamdi basically decided its ok for you to kill blood trolls.
    It looks like it was. Bwonsamdi asks you to go to the court outside of his temple and Grand Ma'da Ateena interrupts the spell/ritual that he's trying to do with you to bind any souls from anything you kill to him. I forgot what happens after that but it was definitely interrupted.

Then he nukes a group of Blood Trolls approaching you and says something like
    'Ya really think I be lettin' ya die soo soon? Send me their souls..' and teleports out of the way. Soo maybe it was that Blizzard just forgot?

Could have had Bwondsoamdi grind some dungeons for those 1 million souls

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Could have had Bwondsoamdi grind some dungeons for those 1 million souls
    I guess, but it would have to be a higher level dungeon if he wants xp

7+ Year Old Account
    He didn't specify from where we get souls so... Here. Take all these critters caught in my AoE
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I think it's just partially a meta joke about how the Horde PC (and every PC) kills a billion mobs anyway so they are all benefiting him.

Bwonsamdi doesn't care where souls come from though, so I doubt it was with just them in mind.

On our end, we could have promised the souls of those we have already killed to Bownsamdi. The player character is responsible for a lot of death. Tallying up the deaths of everything we have killed in-game... may actually add up to a cool million at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will genuinely smile if Bwonsamdi brings that deal back up with us when we run into him in the Shadowlands, effectively bringing us into his service to help him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Bwonsamdi doesn't care where souls come from though, so I doubt it was with just them in mind.
    In the quest "We'll Meet Again" Bwonsamdi implies the currency to be in Blood Troll souls, as well as G'huun's (if it even has one), but you're right in that I don't think he'd be too picky either way.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Is that still a thing? I know the player character makes a pact/deal with him to get a million souls in exchange for him fighting the Blood Trolls, but I don't see him mentioning it in the Datamined text for Shadowlands. Could it be that Mueh'zala's confrontation with him/and near murder scared him soo much he decided that it was done?

Oh and another thing, he mentions it if you talk to him near the end during the Zandalari unlock questline

Is this just a 'red shirt guy' thing I noticed, or is it just nothing?
    Someone should calculate about how many soul-bearing NPCs are killed by an average player during the lifetime of BfA. I can imagine it goes above 1.000.000 without much trying

I think the answer is that Bwonsamdi was originally going to be a villain, based on the stuff in 8.0 and 8.1. The story was not setting him up as someone we necessarily liked (in universe), but someone who had power we needed, and the culmination of the raid was showing the price of that power.

But then he ended up having an insanely likable personality and an amazing voice actor, and pretty much everyone fell in love with him, so his story was changed into being a convenient ally. His story was more than likely shifted onto Mueh'zala, and he was turned into someone we help out in Shadowlands (which they initially did not have any plans for him at all). The soul deal, and his ability to still get souls despite all of this Maw stuff, was probably a result of him working with the Jailer in that initial story, before it got put onto Mueh'zala.

Originally, I suspect his story as a villain was meant to conclude in Shadows Rising, with Talanji freeing herself from her deal in the end, but that story has clearly changed drastically, and with us knowing Nathanos survives the novel, he'll more than likely just get knocked off his death pedestal and Mueh'zala takes his place.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    I think the answer is that Bwonsamdi was originally going to be a villain, based on the stuff in 8.0 and 8.1. The story was not setting him up as someone we necessarily liked (in universe), but someone who had power we needed, and the culmination of the raid was showing the price of that power.

But then he ended up having an insanely likable personality and an amazing voice actor, and pretty much everyone fell in love with him, so his story was changed into being a convenient ally. His story was more than likely shifted onto Mueh'zala, and he was turned into someone we help out in Shadowlands (which they initially did not have any plans for him at all). The soul deal, and his ability to still get souls despite all of this Maw stuff, was probably a result of him working with the Jailer in that initial story, before it got put onto Mueh'zala.
    Judging by the datamined text for him, it seems to me like he was put in the story right at the last minute, maybe even when they just finished writing the story for SL.
    I'm kind of glad they're making Mueh'zala the evil version of him because I would be devastated in having to kill such an amazing character. I think his 'boss' may have been originally the Jailer as well, as it would explain is dramatic mood shift from being slightly annoyed to straight up terrified.

Originally, I suspect his story as a villain was meant to conclude in Shadows Rising, with Talanji freeing herself from her deal in the end, but that story has clearly changed drastically, and with us knowing Nathanos survives the novel, he'll more than likely just get knocked off his death pedestal and Mueh'zala takes his place.
    I haven't seen any mention at all of Rastakhan/Talanji at all in the Alpha, soo that might be something they'll take care of in a later patch

And about Mueh'zala, Bwonsamdi seems to destroy him at the end of De Other Side judging by his 'you suck' speech he gives him. Kind of unfortunate, but Mueh'zala was basically holding him hostage so I think he deserves it lol

There's also this, but I'm not sure means anything lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure my char already killed more than a million mobs.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..