Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Looks nice, is quiet, and is fun.
    All form of water cooling have come so far, I don't know how everyone isn't at least using an AIO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    All form of water cooling have come so far, I don't know how everyone isn't at least using an AIO.
    Price.
    AiO's are more expensive than air cooling

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I guess I'm not understanding the outrage about this either. As Jay said in the video normal mounting is unlikely to put the needed pressure on it to leak.
    Outrage is iover the top, but the thing is that it's a pretty obvious error in design - cheap/flexible plastic and only 2 screws make this happen. The problem is that it takes very little force to happen and it's basically non-fixable without a redesign of the block (which won't happen at least with this GPU serie, likely will for the 3000 blocks).

This said. Normal usage won't have the issue, and there are no leak reports due to it "wearing down". As Jayz said, it's easy to reproduce and identify the cause, but it's something people won't do AT ALL, because it means either wrong mounting/pressure on tubes or not doing proper leak testing beforehand. Also, while Corsair is a reputable brand, is new to the custom loop market and this looks an "inexperience" error. Most people buy stuff from other brands which are on the market by a long time and objectively have better quality products.

That's it. Even in the original MH video he said that he discovered the leak by chance and found that his mounting was applying the lateral pressure needed for the leak to happen. Corsair replaced the block, but honestly what can they do? It's the desing that's flawed and it's not fixable. Again, i'm sure next block serie won't have the issue since distancing the ports and adding a third screw is a super easy solution to design, but you cannot apply that to the existing line.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Price.
    AiO's are more expensive than air cooling
    Add to it that good air coolers have similar perfomance to most AIOs aswell, and require "less maintenance" (really, i've yet to see an AIO that requires any maintenance).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    My Corsair H60 has been happily chugging along since 2016.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Add to it that good air coolers have similar perfomance to most AIOs aswell, and require "less maintenance" (really, i've yet to see an AIO that requires any maintenance).
    Less thought, I think. You have to think about where to put the rad, and how to get the tubes there without it looking ugly.
    AiO's don't require maintenance at all, unless you buy something like the EK phoenix series which is basically just a custom loop that comes with quick connect fittings instead of normal ones