Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Also sad is the fact your name is from a videogame that removed transmog from the game because it was crap design
    Your favorite game possibly?

MHW is rolling out transmog sets at an increasing rate

Tmog is the single best feature ever introduced in this game. So no, it hasn't gone too far.

If you wanna look like pile of shit, there's the door and Classic is that way ->

Gear is not what makes you special snowflake in the game, achievements are.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    WowW needs more transmoggable costumes and silly armor sets. No idea why they restrict brewfest, easter, christmas etc for example. Other MMOs work just fine with allowing players to freely customize their characters with seasonal/event armor/costumes.
    Yeah, now that they've opened the floodgates with the Blizzcon onesie their old reasoning with "we don't want to break immersion with people having fish as weapons etc" is gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Man, the amount of times I've been harassed & called names simply cause I advocate for removed stuff to stay removed is...mind-boggling. I never got Gladiator mounts, nor did I get the Naxxramas proto-drakes (fuck you Immortal and Undying), but you don't see me asking for them to be added to the BMAH =(. I did earn everything else I mentioned though, when it was current content, and if anyone else didn't....tough luck =/

The addition of a lesser, pink version of the Amani War Bear was an OK compromise. Give the model to all the whiners who didn't play in TBC/couldn't do ZA timed run in TBC so they don't cry, but give it a MUCH, MUCH worse colour palette so that the original stands out.
    You do you. But the moment you try to stomp on someone else's wishes for the possibility to earn the reward then... don't act surprised at equal-opposite retaliation.

Legacy/Gladiator mounts shouldn't be added to BMAH, there really isn't justification there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So what classes do I play?

I would guess that the kul'tiran is a druid or a monk, but I could be wrong, and it isn't possible to make an educated guess on the void elf, since it's using race transmog.

There's a huge difference when comparing race specific armor sets and class/armor type specific armor sets.
    Race armors are intended as part of the race fantasy, not class fantasy. Therefore, they're are not supposed to indentify your class, but your race.

If I told you this was a mage, would you believe me?

I think my point on why allowing armor types could be a negative thing, seen from this perspective, is quite clear and understandable by everyone, no matter your opinion on the subject.
    Whether you agree with me on armor restrictions or not is another question.
    I do understand why people want to remove them, but I personally don't think it would be an improvement for the game.

Hasnt gone far enough. Take eastern MMOs for example. They have some really amazing cosmetic ideas out there because they are not based on any armor type. We need more sets like that. Sets that look cool / nice but are not tied to an armor typing. We have pieces here and there, and 1 or 2 sets like that, but even those still feel very restricted by trying to look like armor designed around an in game theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I have always had the unpopular opinion that transmog was a bad idea.

Back in the day you would know how geared a character was just by looking at it. Really good gear had some kind of prestige. Now everything is the same and can be transmog'ed to a shiny armor you got in WoTLK

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    is it good for the overall health of the game if everyone "appears" to be completey epiced out with shiny looking gear?

while it gives a lot of customization with how your gear looks, i can't help but feel a little that we lost something when i see a level 24 with all these crazy high end transmog on his gear.

did we loose something without even realizing it?

should we have placed more restrictions on it?
    I'm amazed how defensive some replys are to a thread starting of in a soft and calm way.

OT:
    I can understand your tought and I think I agree but I'm not sure restrictions would solve anything. It's a "me" problem and I should change my view to be more accepting. Can't live in the past. This is what it is now.

You could also think about it as if an unskilled warrior (the lvl 24 one) walks into an armory, picks up the most epic gear s/he can find and then a veteran warrior (a max leveled one) just slap the epicly geared one around because s/he's lacking skills. Which isn't something unheard of in stories.

Custumization is what I want and the more the better, the less restrictions the better. Few other things in WoW matters but my character and what she stands for is everything.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    @Monster Hunter

How does it feel your favorite game of all time, the one in your name, is also the game that "removed transmog" from it?
    We need details on this...
    Who hurt you, man?

OT: Since I am a mage main who really hates robes... transmog is fine

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post

Back in the day you would know how geared a character was just by looking at it. Really good gear had some kind of prestige. Now everything is the same and can be transmog'ed to a shiny armor you got in WoTLK
    I don't get this.
    The only thing that changed was that people who got mythic stuff could transmog out of it, the people who can't get mythic sets are still without them.

And I'd say the mythic raiders have full rights to wear what they want.

More anti-transmog nonsense.

Even without transmog, you can go to an old expansion, get "epic" items and wear them for looks. For f's sake stop with this trash argument.

People who argue that shoul in fact ask for complete removal of all old content, not the removal of transmog
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-05-26 at 09:38 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by skajaki View Post

If I told you this was a mage, would you believe me?
    You are wearing bunch of Death Knight pieces, and generic plate Tmog boots. If you were Arms I couldn't tell whether you were a Paladin or a Warrior. With full helm that covers the eyes you could be any of the three plate classes.

So much for easily recognizable classes.

On the other hand, you could be wearing a pink dress and those weapons would instantly give away that you are a Fury Warrior.

And why do you even need to see people's classes by their armor? For PvP? Bitch please, use your UI.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2020-05-26 at 09:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just let people express themselves however they want.

If some guy who plays a mage wants to rock gear that looks like plate for his personal battlemage fantasy - just let him.

I personally have a nice battlemage mog that looks totally like a half plate warrior priest from Warhammer and somehow game did not die right there.

has Transmog gone TOO far?
    Assuming that 90% of gear has sh*tty look - nope, transmog is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    If I want my level 11 warrior alt to run around in transmogged T1, that's my business - and absolutely none of yours. Feel free to place all the 'restrictions' you want on your own characters, though.
    I'm like this with legendaries, I don't give a flying fuck what other people wear. But I want frostmourne moggable on my toons. Don't take this as me saying because I want it I'm entitled to it because thats not what it is. Its just I'd want it.

While I do love mixing and matching x mogs on my lower levels toons, from time to time I do get a feeling its a little bit daft. But like you said, that's my choice not anyone elses.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post

Oh yeah, I love this DK shoulders, Warrior helm lookalike, Paladin chest lookalike, M+15 gloves and belt, that look like generic dungeon loot, look of prestige. People in SW/OG will instantly know, that Bonzo the Clown, must be a cutting edge Mythic raider, the second they see me and crumble in fear.

Now, if we would be still talking about T-Sets, that were the only desirable gear for your character back then, I somehow could agree, but nobody is stopping you from mogging the look of the current best mythic set over your min/maxed gear, that otherwise would look like a clown costume. You still have to get the look by doing the content. If you are a cutting edge raider, who always has the newest gear, why should you even care about some guy who likes to run around in the Mythic set from 2 expansions ago that he obviously likes? Are some people that desperate living off past successes or not granting someone to wear past years fashion just because "they worked hard for it 2 years ago and you didn't today"?
    Last edited by RyudoTFO; 2020-05-26 at 11:43 AM.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

I'm still waiting for casters to be able to hide weapons. For casters, weapons are just stat sticks, and what's worse is that various staves clip through the character's feet during certain casting animations.

If I could make the weapon just not show on the character, it would be awesome.

I want to be able to transmog daggers to other weapons. Still one of the last originally implemented restrictions and considering the options for other weapons, it is not justified anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RyudoTFO View Post
    Oh yeah, I love this DK shoulders, Warrior helm lookalike, Paladin cheat lookalike, M+15 gloves and belt, that look like generic dungeon loot, look of prestige. People in SW/OG will instantly know, that Bonzo the Clown, must be a cutting edge Mythic raider, the second they see me and crumble in fear.

Now, if we would be still talking about T-Sets, that were the only desirable gear for your character back then, I somehow could agree, but nobody is stopping you from mogging the look of the current best mythic set over your min/maxed gear, that otherwise would look like a clown costume. You still have to get the look by doing the content. If you are a cutting edge raider, who always has the newest gear, why should you even care about some guy who likes to run around in the Mythic set from 2 expansions ago that he obviously likes? Are some people that desperate living off past successes or not granting someone to wear past years fashion just because "they worked hard for it 2 years ago and you didn't today"?
    Isnt it all about linking achievements anyway today?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Why the hell are so many MMO-C thread titles like local news bait headlines?