Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I do think we are getting new mount collecting achievements in 9.1.5. The screenshot said 'new toys & mounts', so since there is no actual 'new content', the new mounts could only come from either legion timewalking or the mount collecting achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchOutcastbas View Post
    I do think we are getting new mount collecting achievements in 9.1.5. The screenshot said 'new toys & mounts', so since there is no actual 'new content', the new mounts could only come from either legion timewalking or the mount collecting achievement.
    Knowing Blizzard, it might very well be store mounts That said, if they're gonna allow us to upgrade heirlooms whose primary use is to have enchanted gear while leveling now that they remove the experience bonus, there's a small inkling of hope that they'll update the hopelessly outdated mount collection achievements as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    WoW needs something new.

its sad its just turning into a mount/achievement hunting game.

how many dragons do you need :/
    I always need more

Quote Originally Posted by DutchOutcastbas View Post
    Yeah, probably new stuff from TW counts there, possibly Brawler's Guild?
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Yeah, I'd be okay with this. Every Brutosaur owner I know spent hundreds on tokens to get it. There's nothing special about it other than its functionality.
    I haven't used a single token to fund my brutosaur. Farmed every copper through ingame activities.

Guess the one timewalking mount counts as 'new mounts' and there will be no 450/500 mount collecting achievement.

I'm absolutely all for further mount achievements, but as some here have suggested, I never want to see one of those be anything remotely similar to a gladiator mount.

Yeah, I think they should add other brutosaurs without the auction house NpC. The original 5 mil dudes would (well, *should*) still be happy because they get the "prestige" of having the only mount with an auction house on it.

I want a blue brutosaur.

Also, there are people with 800+ mounts. They should add 550, 600, 650, 700, 750, and 800 mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    It's not shitting on people when it's literally all I've seen. Wow, congrats, you're one of the very few that actually earned your dino through purely in-game means, or so you say. Meanwhile, pretty much everyone else paid real money for theirs.
    Getting 5 million isn't really much when you could farm mythic boe's that sold for 500-1000k gold and it was easy to farm it endlessly. Even the heroic pieces gave up to 500k early on.

2018 was last time new mount/pet collecting achieve was added

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    Also, there are people with 800+ mounts. They should add 550, 600, 650, 700, 750, and 800 mounts.
    Probably depends how you count, but afaik people with highest counts are barely reaching 700 right now.

I know this is an age old discussion, but achievements should be achievable. If there's only like 50 people in the game at 700ish, I don't think we should be getting regular achievements for these counts, or even higher ones. At the moment, the highest mount achie should be around 500-550 imo. The previous one is at 400, so if they add anything it's probably gonna be 450 and 500, maybe 550 at best.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Probably depends how you count, but afaik people with highest counts are barely reaching 700 right now.

I know this is an age old discussion, but achievements should be achievable. If there's only like 50 people in the game at 700ish, I don't think we should be getting regular achievements for these counts, or even higher ones. At the moment, the highest mount achie should be around 500-550 imo. The previous one is at 400, so if they add anything it's probably gonna be 450 and 500, maybe 550 at best.
    See I disagree because everytime they add a collecting achieve I just earn it upon logging in.

I think its much better to add collecting achieves that are barely possible but over time with the natural adding of mounts will be achievable. Like give me something to work towards as a hardcore collector rather then just an extra mount for the collection on a patch day.

15+ Year Old Account
    No it's not, I only have 341. Stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    See I disagree because everytime they add a collecting achieve I just earn it upon logging in.

I think its much better to add collecting achieves that are barely possible but over time with the natural adding of mounts will be achievable. Like give me something to work towards as a hardcore collector rather then just an extra mount for the collection on a patch day.
    This tbh.

Even at 550 I'd earn the achievement instantly and I've barely done any mount runs for a couple of years now. If they can make pvp achievements for 250K HKs or Honor level 500 for people to work towards, they can make achievements for mount collectors to work towards as well.

Heck, when they introduced the 100 exalted factions achievement, it was only barely possible for people without legacy reputations like Zandalar Tribe.

The last time we got a mount collection achievement was in the BFA prepatch and we've had hundreds of mounts added to the game since then. The sheer wealth of mounts they're adding nowadays is frankly ridiculous, but it should serve as ample reason to add additional collection achievements.
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I agree, I have around 420 now but I'd love to have an achievement for 600 instead of only 500, mainly because we only get these achievements only every 2-3 years. That means they will get easier and easier until almost everyone has them.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post

The game should not cater specifically to people like you or me, but to the wider majority. Objectively you should be able to acknowledge that as well. If you have like 95% mounts in the whole game including incredibly rare and unavailable ones, you aren't someone the mount collecting achievements should be tuned towards. At that point you are above the reasonably measurable level of success and you're just working for your own satisfaction.

It would be okay adding such achievements as Feats of Strength for some time, and changing them (or adding new ones worth points and removing the old FoS ones). But that would probably be too much effort for the type of the activity.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

I only have 341. please stop it

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    If someone has 500 mounts... I would not mind that at all. Shit is crazy and probably required more dedication than doing boosts/AH game. Obviously that's 500 mount achievement. It must be something either extremely rare or totally new + a title + a toy which creates a stampede of mounts running around you.
    I stopped being a completionist midway through BFA. But I was suprised to see I have 560 mounts.
    worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/ravencrest/acamar/collections/mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Strike3rd View Post
    I stopped being a completionist midway through BFA. But I was suprised to see I have 560 mounts.
    worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/ravencrest/acamar/collections/mounts
    When people talk about owning X mounts, especially for the purpose of the achievement, they usually mean "mounts usable on one character'. There is a lot of confusion about this, especially now after Blizzard has removed the counter for that from the game (outside of the achievement counter) so the only real way you can get this number is a) be under 400 and check achievement, b) check it through addons such as Litemount. The mount journal counter as well as armory lists all your mounts, which is usually many more than the ones usable on one character. For me this is a difference of about 60 mounts

Having said all that, yes 500 is not extremely hard to get, and you can get to that number without getting any of the extremely hard to get mounts. Furthermore, this will obviously get easier with time. Should we get a good mount reward for it? Sure. Should it have some kind of luxury utility or game-breaking feature? Nope.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    well this was one of the first things raised by the new Community Council. Hopefully we see some action happening on that front now

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    well this was one of the first things raised by the new Community Council. Hopefully we see some action happening on that front now
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ents/1148276/3

Here's the thread in particular. I agree with all of the points.

Obviously all kinds of collection are in dire need of related achievements, but mount collecting is definitely the most neglected in terms of achievements from the most well established categories of collecting.

With 9.2 looking like the last major content patch of the expansion, I'm frankly hoping they'll get to this sooner rather than later. I'd rather not have to wait another year for 10.0 before they add to collection achievements.