Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I've reached the same points with mounts/titles. I still use my TBC engineering copter because I love the look of it, & that's good enough for me I would be tempted to get farming again if the 450/500 mount rewards turn out to be amazing, but let's be honest, they're likely just to be reskins.

Maybe they'll do a reskin of the Mythic Jaina mount for 450, like they did the Gul'dan mount for 350.
    I hope They reskin of mythic jaina mount somewhat... GREEN?

I figure they won't, but I really wish they'd implement mount achievements for 550 and possibly even 600 mounts with the release of SL. It'll be an impossible goal for many, sure, but some people are already sitting at 550+ before SL has even released. Heck, the 100 reputation achievement has a pretty lackluster reward, but it's a hell of a grind for any new players and even most experienced players.

I'm personally sitting at 497 and it's a bit sad never being able to chase these achievements. I remember back when the 100 mount achievement was introduced and it was the only way to get a Dragonhawk mount as alliance, every mount towards the 100 climb was a thrill. Nowadays I rarely even bat an eye when a rare mount drops because there's just too many available overall that I'll never end up using most of them anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I figure they won't, but I really wish they'd implement mount achievements for 550 and possibly even 600 mounts with the release of SL. It'll be an impossible goal for many, sure, but some people are already sitting at 550+ before SL has even released. Heck, the 100 reputation achievement has a pretty lackluster reward, but it's a hell of a grind for any new players and even most experienced players.

I'm personally sitting at 497 and it's a bit sad never being able to chase these achievements. I remember back when the 100 mount achievement was introduced and it was the only way to get a Dragonhawk mount as alliance, every mount towards the 100 climb was a thrill. Nowadays I rarely even bat an eye when a rare mount drops because there's just too many available overall that I'll never end up using most of them anyway.
    Achievements should be achievable for more than 0,0001% of players, as well as they should be doable at the time of being available in the game.

It felt like that for you with the 100 mount achievements because you were a new player. Back when the 100 mount achievement was available, it wasn't as hard as getting 600, 550, or even 450/500 today.

I am currently at 525 mounts myself, and that's including paladin only mounts, some discontinued mounts, and some extremely hard to get ones (as well as everything from the cash shop). If I got everything I am missing that is currently available (excluding TCG and PVP) I would end up with about 535, or like 545 including pvp. Even including the SL mounts released in the first patch it probably won't be enough to reach 600.

550/600 mount achievements can't be added now, or it creates a situation where you have achievements that can't physically be completed for months. This isn't the case for any other are of the game
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    I hope They reskin of mythic jaina mount somewhat... GREEN?
    Would love a lava version of the Jaina mount actually

Is everyone seriously ignoring the Chonky Hoppyboi - as someone aptly named it on wowhead - so you can keep pining for a drink mix version of Jaina's mythic mount? What is wrong with you guys? xD

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind a recolored elemental somewhere down the line, from a different source. But that frog is everything a mount collecting reward should be: unique, detailed, exotic and fresh. I would be over the moon if it turns out this mount was designed especially for us - and yes, I do think there is a chance, seeing how it has the same color palette as the Heavenly Azure Cloud Serpent and to a lesser degree the Frostshard Infernal.

It would even be enough for me to shut up about the Brutosaur for a while, and that's saying something (though I'll gladly take one for 450, just saying...).
    Last edited by Coconut; 2020-07-23 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Is everyone seriously ignoring the Chonky Hoppyboi - as someone aptly named it on wowhead - so you can keep pining for a drink mix version of Jaina's mythic mount? What is wrong with you guys? xD

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind a recolored elemental somewhere down the line, from a different source. But that frog is everything a mount collecting reward should be: unique, detailed, exotic and fresh. I would be over the moon if it turns out this mount was designed especially for us - and yes, I do think there is a chance, seeing how it has the same color palette as the Heavenly Azure Cloud Serpent and to a lesser degree the Frostshard Infernal.

It would even be enough for me to shut up about the Brutosaur for a while, and that's saying something (though I'll gladly take one for 450, just saying...).
    I have no idea what mount you're referring to here, wanna post a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    I have no idea what mount you're referring to here, wanna post a link?
    Did you scroll up? The new frog.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    The recolor of the Guldan mount (farmed for that one before getting it) and the engineer flying head copy (farmed Ulduar for several expansions before getting it off Yogg) have disheartened me to the point that I expect a recolor of something that I already have. Exclusive means nothing if the developers can come up with ANY reason to reskin something. I fully expect it to be another brown wolf...........

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well... that is something. Unique enough to be such a prestigious mount? Considering some of the mounts people have to get along the way to earn this? Idk... how many other skins does this model have available and how easy are they to get?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Well... that is something. Unique enough to be such a prestigious mount? Considering some of the mounts people have to get along the way to earn this? Idk... how many other skins does this model have available and how easy are they to get?
    The model itself is unique so far. It does use the same skeleton as the frog mounts from BFA, but it's one of the newest and least used skeletons so far (most Shadowlands mounts reuse skeletons; most store mounts do as well), and those other frogs cost 333,333 gold each and are fairly rare (only 1.5% of players own one, according to worldofgraphs). It's also a model that works well with all races, unlike the dragonhawks for example, which clip with some characters if they're wearing robes. As someone who already has 500+ mounts, I would gladly use this one on my main early in Shadowlands to show off my collector status.
    Last edited by Coconut; 2020-07-24 at 06:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Achievements should be achievable for more than 0,0001% of players, as well as they should be doable at the time of being available in the game.

It felt like that for you with the 100 mount achievements because you were a new player. Back when the 100 mount achievement was available, it wasn't as hard as getting 600, 550, or even 450/500 today.

I am currently at 525 mounts myself, and that's including paladin only mounts, some discontinued mounts, and some extremely hard to get ones (as well as everything from the cash shop). If I got everything I am missing that is currently available (excluding TCG and PVP) I would end up with about 535, or like 545 including pvp. Even including the SL mounts released in the first patch it probably won't be enough to reach 600.

550/600 mount achievements can't be added now, or it creates a situation where you have achievements that can't physically be completed for months. This isn't the case for any other are of the game
    I got the 100 mount achievement fairly early on in its life but without using a class that got 2 mounts for free. ;P
    There were some difficulties, especially when I was unable to get into a half-decent guild. >_<

All things are relative now and if you've spent any time away from the game, which is far more common by now in WoW's life, vs during the middle of Wrath, things become overwhelming. Nowadays, especially if someone was never caught up, they'd have a lot on their plate. Hell, I remember getting the Albino drake before Wrath of the Lich King launched. Now that was something uncommon.

- - - Updated - - -

The model itself is unique so far. It does use the same skeleton as the frog mounts from BFA, but it's one of the newest and least used skeletons so far (most Shadowlands mounts reuse skeletons; most store mounts do as well), and those other frogs cost 333,333 gold each and are fairly rare (only 1.5% of players own one, according to worldofgraphs). It's also a model that works well with all races, unlike the dragonhawks for example, which clip with some characters if they're wearing robes. As someone who already has 500+ mounts, I would gladly use this one on my main early in Shadowlands to show off my collector status.
    Yeah, and isn't that a shame? How they don't all fly. -_- Stuff like this needs to fly, damn it! It's too special, too many mounts go into it!

That's why I am soooooooo happy my Pureheart Courser is getting flying in Shadowlands. That thing took ONE HUNDRED exalted reputations to get! And I got them all on ONE character (as it should be and I hope it stays). These things might not be the typical "skill-based" achievements, but they take dedication over YEARS. Meta raid mounts (when gotten CURRENT tier) and Gladiator mounts are on the same level, but are done in a much tighter timeframe, but should still be held in equal standings. Maybe grinding out 100 reputations isn't AS HARD, but it takes a level of solo dedication most players simply don't even try for, thus making it "hard" simply by proxy, I suppose you could say.

Is my night shift messed up brain showing itself? Am I making any sense? I'd like to think so...

Give me the frog, damn it... after I get to 350... and then 400.

God that 400 mount is going to sting. Can't fly and looks pretty lame. The 350 is pretty awesome though, I love the Infernal Core mounts, are they being updated with flying perchance?
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mount rewards from having a high mount collection will never be significant. This is historically accurate and will continue in the future. Why? Because as time progresses, what is considered a lot of mounts is no longer a lot. The green fel hawk is WoD for 300 mounts was very rare when it came out. Now, what mount collector doesn't have 300+ mounts?

One way to fix this which I think would be very interesting, is to create a FoS that is awarded to a player if they achieve a very high mount count for that expansion. For example, a special FoS achievement and mount if you collect 500 mounts in Shadow lands. With a system like this in place, mount collectors can be granted a nice reward and FoS for having a lot of mounts at a current time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by donomito View Post
    I would hope that we would see some kind of system where we could upgrade existing mounts with banners, enemy skulls, particle effects. Anything to make them stand out a bit more. Mount customization I think would help inject some life into mounts in general.
    Yeah, I'm in the no-camp for this.

Lots of mounts already clutter our screens and many are gaudy enough already.

Enough's enough!

BACK TO BASICS.

Deploy the Bronze Drakes!
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Yeah, and isn't that a shame? How they don't all fly. -_- Stuff like this needs to fly, damn it! It's too special, too many mounts go into it!

That's why I am soooooooo happy my Pureheart Courser is getting flying in Shadowlands. That thing took ONE HUNDRED exalted reputations to get! And I got them all on ONE character (as it should be and I hope it stays). These things might not be the typical "skill-based" achievements, but they take dedication over YEARS. Meta raid mounts (when gotten CURRENT tier) and Gladiator mounts are on the same level, but are done in a much tighter timeframe, but should still be held in equal standings. Maybe grinding out 100 reputations isn't AS HARD, but it takes a level of solo dedication most players simply don't even try for, thus making it "hard" simply by proxy, I suppose you could say.

Is my night shift messed up brain showing itself? Am I making any sense? I'd like to think so...

Give me the frog, damn it... after I get to 350... and then 400.

God that 400 mount is going to sting. Can't fly and looks pretty lame. The 350 is pretty awesome though, I love the Infernal Core mounts, are they being updated with flying perchance?
    Personally, I don't care that much about them flying, I just want them to be awesome when released.

The "show-off period" for cutting edge collectors will be in early Shadowlands, when flying will be restricted anyway. Later on, as more and more people earn it and maybe a recolor will make it in somewhere for those who aren't into collecting... it's ok if it gets downgraded to a mount for instances and low level alts, at least from my perspective.

That's not to say the mount wouldn't be even better if it could fly. They could give it a hover animation and make it pop out translucent firefly wings like they do with half the store mounts. That would be cute as hell. Or they could make it puff up and float like a dirigible. That would be awesome too. But I won't complain if it doesn't fly, because I'd rather have a cool ground mount than a lame flying one. Ground mounts are way too underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by xeddin View Post
    The mount rewards from having a high mount collection will never be significant. This is historically accurate and will continue in the future. Why? Because as time progresses, what is considered a lot of mounts is no longer a lot. The green fel hawk is WoD for 300 mounts was very rare when it came out. Now, what mount collector doesn't have 300+ mounts?

One way to fix this which I think would be very interesting, is to create a FoS that is awarded to a player if they achieve a very high mount count for that expansion. For example, a special FoS achievement and mount if you collect 500 mounts in Shadow lands. With a system like this in place, mount collectors can be granted a nice reward and FoS for having a lot of mounts at a current time.
    The same thing can be said about mythic mounts and raid metas, but nobody complains that those are too cool. Any reward will be easier to get with time. If anything, mount collecting retains some of its difficulty, because farming low drops and grinding stuff like Argent Tourney or the Mechagon meta is still going to be a pain, and doing all these things could easily become overwhelming for a new player. It's natural that mounts lose their prestige with time. Their place is always taken by the newest rewards, though, so it's not a bad thing.

Would love it if they actually had store quality mounts as reward for these achieves instead of just reskins or recolors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Now that you bring it up. Yeah...it fits the previous rewards. A recolor with some stuff added and not flying. Aka a bit lame. But I guess it is fair enough because it rewards kind of a lame no-life activity.

(Don't hate me - I have 387 mounts)
    I thought they said somewhere this frog was from one of the Covenants?

Now that you bring it up. Yeah...it fits the previous rewards. A recolor with some stuff added and not flying. Aka a bit lame. But I guess it is fair enough because it rewards kind of a lame no-life activity.

(Don't hate me - I have 387 mounts)
    This is not a recolor. It's a reworked model with lots of polygon modifications, an entirely new skin (the blue part of the frog does not match the texture of the marsh hoppers), light effects (they were missing on the mmo-champ image) and an improved /mountspecial (it now catches an actual glowfly).

Us mount collectors had a lot of reasons to complain over the years, but we don't need to be sour pusses about everything. Except perhaps grapes that aren't ripe yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    I thought they said somewhere this frog was from one of the Covenants?
    All we have is speculation so far. It was just called Ardenweald Toad in the article because it looks Ardenweald-y.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post

100 reputations achievement was a stretch if you didn't already have several legacy reputations maxed at the time it was introduced. The honor level 500 achievement with a completely unique mount model reward will also only ever be achieved by an insignificant amount of players, but it basically exists as a carrot on a stick anyway.

While 600 mounts may not be initially achievable in SL, 550 definitely will. I don't agree with your mentality that achievements should be achievable by a majority of players upon introduction and clearly Blizzard doesn't either given some of the other achievements they implement.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Yeah...if you know me, I am hardly sour over stuff in WoW. But I do find several of the mount rewards lacklustre. But ok...it is another free mount.... And yeah, it looks "Ardenweald-y" so I maybe @Chromell is right
    I totally agree that some previous mounts were lackluster, but this frog, if indeed it is meant for a mount collecting achievement, is above and beyond any of them. As I explained before, flying is not such a big deal for me, there's plenty of use for ground mounts, and it's not even confirmed yet that this one doesn't fly. That being said, of course it could end up coming from another source, but we are speculating here, and this is the first Shadowlands model that feels like it could match this slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    100 reputations achievement was a stretch if you didn't already have several legacy reputations maxed at the time it was introduced.
    100 reputations achievement / mount was very tight on introduction, yes. Tight, but still doable. By 8.2 it was pretty easy for someone who just has all the main reps completed, without any overly hardcore or hidden ones done.

The honor level 500 achievement with a completely unique mount model reward will also only ever be achieved by an insignificant amount of players, but it basically exists as a carrot on a stick anyway.
    That's supposed to be a passive reward for people doing a lot of pvp accross all their characters. In WoW it might not work the intended way because here people just want to get everything and once something is available they feel in a way entitled to it.

While 600 mounts may not be initially achievable in SL
    This was 50% of your initial suggestion which I disagreed with, I'm glad you changed your mind.

550 definitely will. I don't agree with your mentality that achievements should be achievable by a majority of players upon introduction and clearly Blizzard doesn't either given some of the other achievements they implement.
    I never said anything about majority of players. Majority of players usually don't even have 300 mounts. People who are at 400+ are already a fraction of a fraction, people who have 500+ at the moment are an extremely small group. I said it should be realistically achievable within the game, and yes, Blizzard seems to agree. There are no other achievements (such that award points) that require things that are impossible to get for such a long time. And yes, with that argument I was mainly referring to the 600 mounts achievement. It still holds somewhat true for the 550 one - only the most hardcore collectors will be able to get it during the launch state of SL, not many enough to necessitate a regular achievement.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.