Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    lol? how many colonies were freed by non-violence?
    and i mean, every single revolution started as riot.
    im not saying that this is the case ( i doubt that a revolution can happen in US), but riots are necessary for changes...
    Riots are not necessary for changes. It makes authorities crack down and people get hurt for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I dunno. What sort of redneck, white bread, chickenshit motherfucker uses chemical weapons against a child despite supposedly being a professional?

Forgot the police were supposed to be trained, did ya?
    I wouldn't call pepper spray or mace a "chemical weapon" but I suppose being over dramatic is in vogue. Mind you, you won't find me defending cops (or macing kids for that matter) but if you've been to a violent protest or a riot, or even watched one, you know things can go from 1 to 100 pretty fucking fast. Getting the spicy eyes is pretty low on the scale of bad things that could happen.

Who decides what gets to be compared, lol? You? Don't make me laugh.
    I knew you would say that. I was just waiting for it.

Are you really comparing this shit to the fucking Vietnam war?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    https://twitter.com/chieffymac11/sta...84475268616197

omg...
    Yes, they threw some empty bottles or stuff like that... at a car. Which I don't support.

THAT DOES NOT JUSTIFY DRIVING INTO A CROWD
    I would really appreciate it if all the bootlickers in this thread would just be forthright and admit that a slight to authority is the worst crime they can imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    I wouldn't call pepper spray or mace a "chemical weapon" but I suppose being over dramatic is in vogue. Mind you, you won't find me defending cops (or macing kids for that matter) but if you've been to a violent protest or a riot, or even watched one, you know things can go from 1 to 100 pretty fucking fast. Getting the spicy eyes is pretty low on the scale of bad things that could happen.
    lol... red shirts... yellow shirts... lots of injuries and deaths... i remember those protests...

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    lol? how many colonies were freed by non-violence?
    and i mean, every single revolution started as riot.
    im not saying that this is the case ( i doubt that a revolution can happen in US), but riots are necessary for changes...
    Whilst this has been true at points in history, it doesn't always hold true and it certainly holds less truth the closer to current year we get, as societies have become less violent and more accepting of concepts of human rights. And it certainly isn't true that violent revolution always leads to anything better, or that they all start as riots. Violence is not necessary for change, change can happen without it. Sadly though too many times this isn't the case, but it isn't correct to say that it is necessary.

And I would be careful about advocating for violence. It is fine to advocate for violence against people you don't like/don't know, but you are also advocating for violence against yourself and people you do care about, and I wonder how many people grasp this. You don't know how things will turn out, maybe the change that is being chased might end up demanding that you, or your loved ones must be physically harmed, I imagine when that happens many people will start to question the necessity of violence at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I knew you would say that. I was just waiting for it.

Are you really comparing this shit to the fucking Vietnam war?
    I dunno, am I comparing yet another data point in a centuries' long campaign of oppression, exploitation, and erasure by white people against minority groups in the US (many of whom were either forcibly annexed or transported here) to another data point in a centuries' long campaign of oppression, exploitation, and erasure by white people against people in Indochina?

Big if true. Colonialism is an overseas expression of the same animus that motivates domestic racial injustice in the US.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I would really appreciate it if all the bootlickers in this thread would just be forthright and admit that a slight to authority is the worst crime they can imagine.
    I would bet with you that none of them will say a single word about that video.
    But I guess you would not take that bet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Whilst this has been true at points in history, it doesn't always hold true and it certainly holds less truth the closer to current year we get, as societies have become less violent and more accepting of concepts of human rights. And it certainly isn't true that violent revolution always leads to anything better, or that they all start as riots. Violence is not necessary for change, change can happen without it. Sadly though too many times this isn't the case, but it isn't correct to say that it is necessary.

And I would be careful about advocating for violence. It is fine to advocate for violence against people you don't like/don't know, but you are also advocating for violence against yourself and people you do care about, and I wonder how many people grasp this. You don't know how things will turn out, maybe the change that is being chased might end up demanding that you, or your loved ones must be physically harmed, I imagine when that happens many people will start to question the necessity of violence at that point.
    If the choice is to let yourself be opressed by violence or use to get rid of said oppression, the choice is obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, am I comparing yet another data point in a centuries' long campaign of oppression, exploitation, and erasure by white people against minority groups in the US (many of whom were either forcibly annexed or transported here) to another data point in a centuries' long campaign of oppression, exploitation, and erasure by white people against people in Indochina?

Big if true. Colonialism is an overseas expression of the same animus that motivates domestic racial injustice in the US.
    It doesn't seem like it will be long now before you drop the facade and are just straight up calling for white people to be killed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    If the choice is to let yourself be opressed by violence or use to get rid of said oppression, the choice is obvious.
    lol... or u make it worse when they seek to quell the violence...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    Riots are not necessary for changes. It makes authorities crack down and people get hurt for nothing.
    So how can they change it? Because protests are not working and the politicians do not give a fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    lol... or u make it worse when they seek to quell the violence...
    Its sometimes better to take risks than to have to life your entire life in fear of getting killed by your oppressors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    It doesn't seem like it will be long now before you drop the facade and are just straight up calling for white people to be killed.
    I suppose it would be pretty cliched for me as a white person to equate racial justice with ethnic cleansing.

But thanks for voicing this, because we're really getting into the heart of people's resistance to reform.

They're scared that any gains for blacks means losses for whites. Which, hun, is a form of racism.

5+ Year Old Account
    Its better to take risks than to have to life your entire life in fear of getting killed by your oppressors.
    if u lived here u would have dared to protest against the military rule? to use violence against government forces? i dont think u would... if u survive ur going to rot away in a prison... normal people can't stand against military...

10+ Year Old Account
    if u lived here u would have dared to protest against the military rule? to use violence against government forces? i dont think u would... if u survive ur going to rot away in a prison... normal people can't stand against military...
    This is about what is going on in the US. But hey. good to see more people who see how far gone the US is!

5+ Year Old Account
    This is about what is going on in the US. But hey. good to see more people who see how far gone the US is!
    nothing that says it can't happen in the us too...

Big if true. Colonialism is an overseas expression of the same animus that motivates racial injustice in the US.
    Ah, of course. Pepper spray, napalm. What's the difference right?

I am sure the outcome of Minneapolis is going to be that everyone magically turns not racist. Nothing has quite ever said "let's love each other" like a Molotov Cocktail to your face.

All I see from where I am sitting from is yet another short circuit reaction from US citizens. It doesn't matter if I can understand the anger or not. This will change nothing, like nothing changed from all the other times before. Your problems are rooted so deep in your society that this won't even scratch the surface.

Next racist cop will kill another black dude within the next 12 months, I promise.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2020-05-31 at 12:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose it would be pretty cliched for me as a white person to equate racial justice with ethnic cleansing.

But thanks for voicing this, because we're really getting into the heart of people's resistance to reform.

They're scared that any gains for blacks means losses for whites. Which, hun, is a form of racism.
    Indeed, taking issue with literally every other post you make being some variety of "REEEEEEE FUCK WHITE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" is evidence of resistance to reform.

10+ Year Old Account
    nothing that says it can't happen in the us too...
    And it has not yet, so what exactly is your point? The protestors are clearly willing to risk it, how is that your problem?

Who did the shop keepers oppress? Who were the black business owners oppressing? How will destroying their lives get rid of said oppression? Why will it work this time when it didn't work before? The violence isn't being directed solely at the ones doing the oppression. That is the problem with mindless violence. When it gets to a riot stage, it becomes mindless violence, and even if it does end up being a catalyst for an overall positive change, harming innocent people in the chase for justice doesn't put you in the right, do the innocents harmed in this pursuit of justice have any right to demand justice for them?
    Last edited by tehealadin; 2020-05-31 at 12:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.