Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    He absolutely broke federal law when he participated in a straw purchase of the rifle.

Nobody said this was a federal case. The charges that were dismissed were only the local charges. Rittenhouse remains open to being charged by the federal government, however.
    You said the prosecution could have nailed him on a weapons charge and then cited federal law. A county DA does not have the power to bring federal charges. And no he didn't break federal law. You are spinning it to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Wrong. I watched the drone footage. He’s literally walking down the sidewalk when Rosenbaum throws something at him then chases him through the parking lot.
    Yeah, no you didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    It’s amazing that you seem to honestly think that half the people on this forum are advocates of violent suppression of others
    Considering the right wing has been actively espousing that stance since at least 2016?

Gee, I wonder where I might get that impression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Not guilty on all charges.

He nearly broke down in reaction. Shaking profusely. His whole life just came back to him.
    Thing is he can still be sued by the families of the people that he did kill as a civil suit. Remember folks, because you weren't found guilty of a crime doesn't mean you cannot be found liable for pain and suffering for the family of the person that was killed. And the burden of proof for civil suits are far lower then criminal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Thing is he can still be sued by the families of the people that he did kill as a civil suit. Remember folks, because you weren't found guilty of a crime doesn't mean you cannot be found liable for pain and suffering for the family of the person that was killed. And the burden of proof for civil suits are far lower then criminal.
    To say nothing of the fact that a lot of potential employers aren't going to bother with him for risk of causing a PR disaster.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    He has no money. They cannot incarcerate him for a civil verdict. It ain't going to mean squat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Except not all evidence was allowed that showed Kyle was the aggressor.

- - - Updated - - -

After he murdered Rosenbaum. And Rosenbaum never even touched the gun or Kyle.
    self defense isnt murder
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    self defense isnt murder
    Looking forward to the next school shooter that tries saying this exact thing. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You said the prosecution could have nailed him on a weapons charge
    No, really, I didn't. I clarified that just because the local charges were dismissed doesn't mean that he was in legal possession of the firearm.

And no he didn't break federal law. You are spinning it to fit.
    We just went through all this. The firearm he used to kill two men was the result of a straw purchase. It was an illegal firearm, and he was in illegal possession of it, due to federal laws.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    To say nothing of the fact that a lot of potential employers aren't going to bother with him for risk of causing a PR disaster.
    Well, he does have one job. To get teenage girls for Gaetz. Remember, Gaetz already offered him a job.

Yeah, no you didn't.
    Yeah actually I did and so did the jury that’s why he didn’t get charged with ANYTHING.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to the next school shooter that tries saying this exact thing. /s
    the fact that you think that could even be argued shows how smooth your brain is
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    No, really, I didn't. I clarified that just because the local charges were dismissed doesn't mean that he was in legal possession of the firearm.

We just went through all this. The firearm he used to kill two men was the result of a straw purchase. It was an illegal firearm, and he was in illegal possession of it, due to federal laws.
    No you just spewed your interpretation of the law. You spinning the law doesn't make it fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    It’s amazing that you seem to honestly think that half the people on this forum are advocates of violent suppression of others, even to the point of murder. Maybe instead of telling us what we think all the time you should listen?
    Not half, but some are. Also, listening is pointless because the people who would violently oppress, and even murder people would very rarely tell the truth behind their motivations. Fear not, we have plenty of human history to look at what happens when reich...sorry, right wingers get power to commit murder with little to no consequence. They do it. A lot. Hell of a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    the fact that you think that could even be argued shows how smooth your brain is
    I'm not the one arguing that going out of your way to put yourself in a situation you know will instigate a response and then using that as pretext to kill people is "self-defense", bruh.

You're making the same excuse as people who beat their wives.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Wrong. I watched the drone footage. He’s literally walking down the sidewalk when Rosenbaum throws something at him then chases him through the parking lot.
    What’s also interesting is that postman has been posting this “fact” incessantly for like weeks and all the other liberal posters on here are pretending his posts about it don’t exist. Seems if he were right, they’d pick up on it and use it, and if wrong, our honorable objective liberals who can’t see partisanship would correct him. Right guys? Right?

self defense isnt murder
    It is when you instigate the whole thing by chasing the first victim, but ignore the evidence, especially the video that wasn't allowed in evidence where he was just itching to shoot people.

10+ Year Old Account
    No you just spewed your interpretation of the law. You spinning the law doesn't make it fact.
    It's not my interpretation of the law, lol. This is the law. I literally quoted the instructions on the federal form.

Like I said, I sold firearms for a decade. I've dealt with the ATF on these matters. What's your expertise, sport?

EDIT: Here are images of the actual question and instructions from the ATF form 4473.

The question:

The instructions:

Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2021-11-19 at 11:12 PM.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not the one arguing that going out of your way to put yourself in a situation you know will instigate a response and then using that as pretext to kill people is "self-defense", bruh.

You're literally making the same excuse as people who beat their wives.
    no you're just the one making brainless comparisons
    Get your shit together

It is when you instigate the whole thing by chasing the first victim, but ignore the evidence, especially the video that wasn't allowed in evidence where he was just itching to shoot people.
    Stop lying. Repeating the same lies over and over again do not make them facts.