Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Curious what the fuck kind of difference it makes since the issue here is a police lynching, not mourning the death of a national hero.
    It makes a massive fucking difference as the media isn't telling the whole fucking story about him. He wasn't an innocent black man, he had fucking major felonies, so I can understand police being on edge.

Note: I AM NOT SAYING IT JUSTIFYS WHAT HAPPENED. Just the whole story doesn't seem to be told.

10+ Year Old Account
    But her skirt was REALLY short officer...

@Elegiac one more for victim blaming

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    It's really hard right now, so please help me: Is this missing a /s or are you really claiming that the crime rate in the US is just so high because of Mexico? I' assume it's a joke, but given the last few pages...
    It's brilliant isn't it. There is no truth, just mix'n'match narrative!

I was being sarcastic I guess. It has been a fall-back excuse in gun control debates, once you get someone to realise more guns =/= gooderer, they point out it's a hopeless situation because the guns would just come across the border from Mexico, so just ot be safe, they'd better get manufacture more guns themselves...

What I wanted to say was "Hey, at least the dumb Americans are using their excess of weaponry to kill themselves this time rather than gallavanting across the globe on very tenuous excuses to murder innocent people elsewhere" but as this forum is predominently Americans I thought they'd probably get kinda pissy if I did...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    I can understand police being on edge.
    I AM NOT SAYING IT JUSTIFYS WHAT HAPPENED. Just the whole story doesn't seem to be told.
    The lack of self-awareness.

Yikes. To think y'all have the gall to complain about English oppression and say nonsense like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The lack of self-awareness.

Yikes. To think y'all have the gall to complain about English oppression and say nonsense like this.
    For one, I'm pro union. I voted No in the Socttish referendums.

So that gives the cops the right to execute him?

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    No, it makes a difference but not one that should be taken into account... or something... (?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    But her skirt was REALLY short officer...

@Elegiac one more for victim blaming
    The compulsive inability of white people to avoid living their stereotype is the principle reason 2020 is my year of Really Wishing My Fellow Colonizers Weren't Such Clowns.

More than anything, though, I just wish that clownery wouldn't result in black people being abused or shot.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Yeah, he was like, I just have a feeling this guy has a rap sheet, better cut off his air supply until he dies. That's how those things work, right?
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Speaking as a Canadian, you're completely ridiculous.

The dangers in American society are largely because of your gun-ho attitudes. Canada doesn't have vastly lower murder rates because we all walk about strapped all day every day. We don't need to arm ourselves in the first place.
    I watched people be burned to death this week. Others assaulted by all means and each time a shot was fired those who are setting the blazes or attacking others flee.

You blame a tool for the actions of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter! but it does! though it doesn't matters, it still matters.

I revert my judgement: maybe just a dog-whistle?

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes a massive fucking difference as the media isn't telling the whole fucking story about him. He wasn't an innocent black man, he had fucking major felonies, so I can understand police being on edge.

Note: I AM NOT SAYING IT JUSTIFYS WHAT HAPPENED. Just the whole story doesn't seem to be told.
    It's all completely irrelevant.

"Police being on edge"? What the fuck does that even mean, he was already cuffed and on the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

None of which matters, and are just used as an attack against him and as an implicit defense for the cop that murdered him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I watched people be burned to death this week.
    In the US? Got a link to any news stories?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Yeah, he was like, I just have a feeling this guy has a rap sheet, better cut off his air supply until he dies. That's how those things work, right?
    No but you see once they saw the length of his rap sheet they were in fear for their life despite them outnumbering him four to one and being armed, you can't know what was going through the mind of that cop who was the subject of 18 prior complaints regarded to racial profiling and excessive force. /s

And who decides who is "worthwhile" to society.
    If your an adult and you can't support yourself without a check from your government it kind of answers the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your an adult and you can't support yourself without a check from your government it kind of answers the question.
    You are aware literally no one qualifies for this statement, right?

Lol, of course you're not. What even is the social contract.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Wrong. It was started by people who believe that the lives of ALL people of ALL races matter.
    Lol, sure.
    Keep telling yourself that.

A complete and blatant insulting lie.
    It's not a lie.

In fact you are the one outing yourself as racist
    I'm "outing myself as racist" because i acknowledge that a movement specifically cre to mock and downplay a movement about actual systemic racism is racist.

Lul, ok bud.

You only care about your cause and don't give a damn about the oppressions the other minorities have had
    Damn, you know me so well hon.

True equality is believing that ALL lives matter regardless of race. Anyone calling that mindset racist is the racist themselves.

All lives do matter.
    All lives are equal. (unless you are a fascist, then you can rot in a ditch.)
    Regardless of race, ethnic background, sex, gender, sexuality, religion or disabilities.

Too bad that ALM """"""""""""""""""activists"""""""""""""""""" don't actually share the same view.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2020-06-02 at 09:18 PM. Reason: forgot to add a word

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No it's god-damned not. They're never used, they never have been. Because they're never necessary.

You seem to have a worldview where the default is complete chaos and anarchy, with wanton criminal behaivor.

That's fucking batshit insane.

My town is peaceful because it's a relatively upper-middle-class city. Because there aren't a lot of problems due to poverty etc. Because it's a playground for the wealthy to come and shop at.

The cops could disappear and little would happen. We have our maybe one shooting a year, which is almost always the result of drunk college kids or other drunk folks at a bar in an argument, and the last death I can remember was the police murdering a special needs black man who was not armed and not a threat.

Your world view is positively frightening, I can't imagine living in such constant terror unless you are armed and ready to murder your fellow Americans.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome, glad to have you on team #BLM!
    Simply by existing they are being used.

Your town is peaceful from force nothing more nothing less.

It is the same reason why super powers do not go to war. Simply the threat of nuclear war prevents it even without a shot being fired.

Damn, I mean, I guess people falling on hard times or having their local industries close up just don't deserve to live, eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    The compulsive inability of white people to avoid living their stereotype is the principle reason 2020 is my year of Really Wishing My Fellow Colonizers Weren't Such Clowns.

More than anything, though, I just wish that clownery wouldn't result in black people being abused or shot.
    To be honest, while there is still a long way to go (especially given the current circumstances) i see their cowardly behavior - hiding behind stupid wordgames/whataboutism - as a positive signal. While they still believe in their racial superiority, they also know that claiming it openly won't be as accepted anymore, and given how younger generations are generally more open... yeah... soon they can only rant at their clan/trump rallies or behind their hoods.