10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    they're allowed to push people in certain circumstances.. this guy went too close to them and was potentially threatening, he pushed him away slightly, but he was old and couldn't stand on his feet unfortunately

also they did help him, they reported something on the radio and also a couple of seconds later a, most likely, more qualified person was kneeling right beside that old dude
    Ok, so if what they did was all hunky dory and fine because the 75 year old man that can't stand on his feet was "potentially threatening"...why have the officers involved been suspended and charged with assault?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Yeah, there is. Pride, at its core, is a protest against oppression and a reminder of the struggles the queer community has and continues to face. That includes police brutality.

It doesn't surprise me that, in 2020, all these young LGBTQ folks slap pride stickers everywhere while spouting the most hateful right wing or pro-cop rhetoric their brains can muster, because the erasure of queer history from the mainstream means that there is no history for them, either.

You cannot be pro-Pride, and pro-cop. If you think you are, you don't know what Pride means. And you're just...what's the world y'all use?

Virtue signalling.
    Ah yes. The gatekeeping white person who gets to decide what people think.

Also, LGBT activism can suck it for their hypocrisy on bisexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The B literally stands for bisexual... what are you on about?
    Oh right. And trans people never faced any hypocritical bullshit because of the letter T, right?

The phrase stop being lazy can usually be attached to militant individuals like Elegiac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablecop View Post
    Ah yes. The gatekeeping white person who gets to decide what people think.

Also, LGBT activism can suck it for their hypocrisy on bisexuality.
    Hun, I know it's difficult having your sexuality mistaken because you happened to be dating a cis man at the time, but the conversation is currently about issues like police brutality, which is a tad more important.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Hun, I know it's difficult having your sexuality mistaken because you happened to be dating a cis man at the time, but the conversation is currently about issues like police brutality, which is a tad more important.
    Is that why you're having an argument over a guy being ALLOWED to have a pride emblem?

Oh right. And trans people never faced any hypocritical bullshit because of the letter T, right?

The phrase stop being lazy can usually be attached to militant individuals like Elegiac.
    The phrase "stop being lazy" can also be applied to people that make claims that they don't actually back up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that why you're having an argument over a guy being ALLOWED to have a pride emblem?
    "Allowed?" It's called pointing out hypocrisy in regards to police brutality, hun.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    The phrase "stop being lazy" can also be applied to people that make claims that they don't actually back up.
    It's also hypocritical, but I expect that from militant LGBT.

- - - Updated - - -

No, we’re having that argument because you seem to think you can support the opposite of what that emblem represents and not be a hypocrite when you display it.
    I don't remember BLM flying the pride flag ever. Sounds like gatekeeping nonsense.

"Allowed?" It's called pointing out hypocrisy in regards to police brutality, hun.
    And yet, there he is. It sounds like you're just trying to decide who's the "correct" gay.

Yep. Sounds like militant LGBT bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently you aren’t allowed to point out hypocrisy any more. It’s too damaging to the psyche of hypocrites.
    I don't know how many times Robin DiAngelo can take having that article on White Fragility reposted here every time someone exhibits it, truth be told.

I'm just gonna issue a blanket statement; if your immediate response to people pointing out a social problem is "BUT WHAT ABOUT <X>??!!!", you don't give a shit about either issue and are just being contrarian.

It's also hypocritical, but I expect that from militant LGBT.
    Still waiting on you to back up any of your claims. Stop being lazy.

Apparently you aren’t allowed to point out hypocrisy any more. It’s too damaging to the psyche of hypocrites.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you moving the goalposts now?
    You'd think the police brutality group would be flying it based on the lies from Elegiac.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet, there he is. It sounds like you're just trying to decide who's the "correct" gay.

Yep. Sounds like militant LGBT bullshit.
    So militantly against bisexuals we include them in the name, according to you. Christ and Allah, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd think the police brutality group would be flying it based on the lies from Elegiac.

I won't wait for a retraction, lol.

Again, it's fairly telling that you're trying to create this false dichotomy between BLM and the LGBTQ movements.

I don't know how many times Robin DiAngelo can take having that article on White Fragility reposted here every time someone exhibits it, truth be told.

I'm just gonna issue a blanket statement; if your immediate response to people pointing out a social problem is "BUT WHAT ABOUT <X>??!!!", you don't give a shit about either issue and are just being contrarian.
    You mean like people going "What about the Police?!" whenever criminal behavior is pointed out amongst rioters and their supporters?

You’d think you’d look before making false claims...
    He figures that because he won't check for sources, nobody else will either.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean like people going "What about the Police?!" whenever criminal behavior is pointed out amongst rioters and their supporters?
    The riots could be prevented if the police stopped murdering people.

Bisexual erasure wouldn't stop if LGBTQ activism wasn't a thing.

See the difference? No? Thought not.

The riots could be prevented if the police stopped murdering people.

Bisexual erasure wouldn't stop if LGBTQ activism wasn't a thing.

See the difference? No? Thought not.
    It didn't stop with activism being a thing. Funny, right?
    And why is this still happening if the Ferguson riots ended police brutality?

Remember. It just works.

10+ Year Old Account
    It didn't stop with activism being a thing. Funny, right?
    That wasn't what you were bitching about, however. Nice moving the goalposts from "they erase bisexuals!" to "they don't do enough in their fight to stop bisexual erasure!"

Like I said, you give a shit about neither and are using the latter to ostensibly make some sort of point.

And why is this still happening if the Ferguson riots ended police brutality?
    Strawman. No one claimed this. Y'ain't good at this, hun.