Quote Originally Posted by Thee ANCOM View Post
    so what. not like property is equal to human life. which is a point all of these BLM/ANTIFA detractors need to constantly cope with.
    Of course not but my point was that it's a dumb reason to loot and steal because of reperations or using this whole thing as a justification for stealing.

Could just protest peacefully as many do.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I dont even know what site that is i have no intrest in US sites as they all look pretty shitty to me exept reuters.

Still we can go with advocate, spokesman and organizer.
    But not leader.

So you can quit lying about that.

I dont even know what site that is i have no intrest in US sites as they all look pretty shitty to me exept reuters.

Still we can go with advocate, spokesman and organizer.
    Advocate and organizer, sure. Those are two things literally anyone can be, and hold no real significance.

Spokesperson, no. Unless they organization has designated her as one, and I haven't seen any indication that they have, she's not.

So again, you're still here trying to take her isolated words and claim they speak for others. They don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Advocate and organizer, sure. Those are two things literally anyone can be, and hold no real significance.

Spokesperson, no. Unless they organization has designated her as one, and I haven't seen any indication that they have, she's not.

So again, you're still here trying to take her isolated words and claim they speak for others. They don't.
    Yeah not sure why it was such a big deal all i said that people do listen to her and that she could have thought about what she said as it didnt sound very good.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-08-17 at 05:46 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

She could be a simple individual that supports BLM, she still got cherry picked by Fox news. While it's shitty news reporting by Fox as usual, her own message is used against the movement.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Taking back my property is not a crime (afaik). If police are involved with me cutting a chain, chances are they won't side with the perp that stole my hypothetical bike. What does that have to do with looting?
    Because you've just admitted you'd steal a bike if you thought you were owed the ownership of that bike.

That's the point. That's the same argument being used when comparing looting to reparations. That it shouldn't be considered a crime, because they're taking back what they're owed.

Not saying it's a great argument, but that's the justification presented. It really isn't as far out of line as people are pretending.

3+ Year Old Account
    She could be a simple individual that supports BLM, she still got cherry picked by Fox news. While it's shitty news reporting by Fox as usual, her own message is used against the movement.
    so what, people might be against looting but they're not against the point of the protests.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because you've just admitted you'd steal a bike if you thought you were owed the ownership of that bike.

That's the point. That's the same argument being used when comparing looting to reparations. That it shouldn't be considered a crime, because they're taking back what they're owed.

Not saying it's a great argument, but that's the justification presented. It really isn't as far out of line as people are pretending.
    How does one steal their own property?

Looting is theft by definition, taking something that isn't yours from someone else. If you or anyone feels they are owed something from someone, take it to court.
    Last edited by kail; 2020-08-17 at 06:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How does one steal their own property?
    This is begging the question. It wasn't your property when you stole it back.

Looting is theft by definition, taking something that isn't yours from someone else. If you or anyone feels they are owed something from someone, take it to court.
    Again, you should probably look into what the definition of "reparations" means. Because "taking something that isn't yours" doesn't fall into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thee ANCOM View Post
    so what, people might be against looting but they're not against the point of the protests.
    I personally don't care what she says that makes no sense but people like ParanoiD84 eat it up.

- - - Updated - - -

This is begging the question. It wasn't your property when you stole it back.
    Someone steals my wallet, I find it and take it back and would be well within the confines of the law. The most I could be in trouble for in your weak analogy is damaging property by cutting the chain but I'll bet law enforcement wouldn't side with the bike thief. If something is stolen from me, it's still legally mine.

Again, you should probably look into what the definition of "reparations" means. Because "taking something that isn't yours" doesn't fall into that.
    The subject in question equated the two. "Who cares if someone loots a Gucci or Maceys or Nike...it's reparations". So yes, looting falls way off of reparations.
    Last edited by kail; 2020-08-17 at 06:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone steals my wallet, I find it and take it back and would be well within the confines of the law. The most I could be in trouble for in your weak analogy is damaging property by cutting the chain but I'll bet law enforcement wouldn't side with the bike thief. If something is stolen from me, it's still legally mine.
    You're making my case for me.

The subject in question equated the two. "Who cares if someone loots a Gucci or Maceys or Nike...it's reparations". So yes, looting falls way off of reparations.
    Your own argument, above, states otherwise. You're not being consistent. This is exactly why I posed the hypothetical.

You're making my case for me.

Your own argument, above, states otherwise. You're not being consistent. This is exactly why I posed the hypothetical.
    My argument:
    Reperations are done through a legal system. Looting a store is a clear-cut crime and only damages your message of what needs to be done to right current wrongs.
    Looting =/ reperations. Could have been more clear with the statement but it was to Zython's post.

10+ Year Old Account
    My argument:

Looting =/ reperations. Could have been more clear with the statement but it was to Zython's post.
    "Through a legal system" is a fairly irrelevant qualifier. You're essentially saying that looting is wrong because it's illegal, and it's illegal because it's wrong; that's circular.

If the legal system chose to recognize the looting as legitimate, would you change your position, or is it not based on legality at all?

Edit: I bears repeating that I'm not actually agreeing with the "looting = reparations" argument. I'm just pointing out that it's really not as wild a claim as some people are presenting it as; it's pretty close to a legitimate argument. I'm not suggesting you should agree, I'm suggesting you shouldn't be making a "get a load of THIS nonsense" hyperbolic mockery of it.
    Last edited by Endus; 2020-08-17 at 08:49 PM.

"Through a legal system" is a fairly irrelevant qualifier. You're essentially saying that looting is wrong because it's illegal, and it's illegal because it's wrong; that's circular.
    I was simply making a clear distinction of how reparations are not done through looting. One could use the loose term of reparations but I'm strictly speaking on the legal term. If someone was wronged and deserves reparations, I truly hope they are granted such but it's not theirs to take without a trial or executive order. It's making the argument of taking justice through one's hands which sounds cool in cinema put plays out messy in reality.

What are you on about? your the one who says they are right to loot becase it's reperations lol.
    No, this is what you claimed I said:

Right so anyone can just loot whatever they please and scream reparations? lmao no that's not how the real world works.
    Again, what are you going to give up when you fail to prove I said this?

Also your justifying violence in the gun controll thread so not sure why i should give you any attention here, maby as it's fun but that's the only reason.

You said this : I mean, if the state stopped killing people for fun, these protests wouldn't be a thing. So yeah.

After a video where a couple getting assaulted.

opps
    Looks like I'm decrying violence from that quote. Why do you approve of violence committed by the state?

- - - Updated - - -

Reperations are done through a legal system. Looting a store is a clear-cut crime and only damages your message of what needs to be done to right current wrongs.
    The entire point is that the system is broken.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun trick you can do at home.

Look at all the posters that have been doing nothing but complaining about looting, and see if they have made even a bare mention of private equity firms or wage theft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

(Ignore the slide comments, was the only video I could find on YT without vocal commentary)

Acts like these does no favours for BLM...

Hope that pussy gets charged for attempted murder. Pretending to be black to say the N word like no tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny how a few random Youtube videos are evidence of how harmful BLM is to the cause of civil rights but a 700+ post Twitter thread of documented instances of police brutality aren't indicative of a systemic problem. Lul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    It's funny how a few random Youtube videos are evidence of how harmful BLM is to the cause of civil rights but a 700+ post Twitter thread of documented instances of police brutality aren't indicative of a systemic problem. Lul.
    doubly funny when most of these "victims" aren't so innocent when you give even a few more seconds of context.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60PEW8bvRJA

(Ignore the slide comments, was the only video I could find on YT without vocal commentary)

Acts like these does no favours for BLM...

Hope that pussy gets charged for attempted murder. Pretending to be black to say the N word like no tomorrow.
    Let’s be honest no one is gonna see something like this and actually be moved in any direction unless there incredibly ignorant.

People in favour of BLM will understand that when having mass protest you get shit bags who take advantage of it and will be up to date on the countless police abuses that have happened since this started and know there is a very real systemic problem.

People who are against BLM will look for any excuse to pretend there is no problem and that every one protesting is just a thug who deserves to be locked up or a target of the any number of police abuses or terrorist like attacks of people driving there cars though crowds.

The willfully ignorant will stay that way and eat up what ever news source they like and stay that way.

The actually ignorant will Look into the problem and then fall into one of the first two.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2020-08-18 at 02:26 AM.