Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    I do say that you do not have the time to tell yourself :"I will shoot that bastard because I am racist" while you are trying to arrest someone.
    Again, you have plenty to time to think about Racism while shooting others.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

I do say that you do not have the time to tell yourself :"I will shoot that bastard because I am racist" while you are trying to arrest someone.
    its the structural racism, ie black men are viewed as dangerous (/more dangerous than white men) and this structural problem leads to outcomes like this.

And thats without contemplating an individuals agency.

If you watch the arrest there was no need for a gun.

Wow. You have typed some pretty stupid shit in this thread, but this is a whole new level of stupid.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-08-26 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    its the structural racism, ie black men are viewed as dangerous (/more dangerous than white men) and this structural problem leads to outcomes like this.

And thats without contemplating an individuals agency.

If you watch the arrest there was no need for a gun.
    Unfortunately, I do not agree. The guy was tazed twice, and successfully process to repel 2 polices officers (after being tazed). What the police officers should have done then ?

He only shoots because he reaches the inside of his car, and I think the police officer was not sure of his intentions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Again, you have plenty to time to think about Racism while shooting others.
    Looks like you have plenty of experience about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yetanothernewbie View Post
    Wow. You have typed some pretty stupid shit in this thread, but this is a whole new level of stupid.
    You have a lot of experience with stupid yourself And great way to add something constructive to the conversation.

Unfortunately, I do not agree. The guy was tazed twice, and successfully process to repel 2 polices officers (after being tazed). What the police officers should have done then ?

He only shoots because he reaches the inside of his car, and I think the police officer was not sure of his intentions.
    How do other countries avoid this outcome?

He only shoots because American Policemen are racist and poorly trained.

Looks like you have plenty of experience about it.

You have a lot of experience with stupid yourself And great way to add something constructive to the conversation.
    Says the person who doesn't think people can think about Racism while shooting others.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

How do other countries avoid this outcome?
    They restrict guns xD so police officers do not fear for their life when they arrest someone as it is unlikely he has a gun on him. There are still mistakes and deaths though, but much less.

- - - Updated - - -

He only shoots because American Policemen are racist and poorly trained.

Says the person who doesn't think people can think about Racism while shooting others.
    Well, try it. Point a gun at someone (who can also point a gun at you) and let see if you can think about something else than your own preservation.

This is an astonishing misunderstanding, a truly disturbing oversimplification, a too-stupid-to-be-believed assessment of the problems with policing. It ignores all aspects of systemic racism in US policing and does not acknowledge the well-known ways implicit bias can influence immediate reactions. Your view completely ignores concerns about inadequate police training and reduces the problem to an absurd strawman. Shame on you.
    Last edited by Eviscero; 2020-08-26 at 09:12 AM.

Well, try it. Point a gun at someone (who can also point a gun at you) and let see if you can think about something else than your own preservation.
    Yet there are plenty of Racist Cops and Hate Crimes that involve Guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    This is an astonishing misunderstanding, a truly disturbing oversimplification, a too-stupid-to-be-believed assessment of the problems with policing. It ignores all aspects of systemic racism in US policing and does not acknowledge the well-known ways implicit bias can influence immediate reactions. Your view completely ignores concerns about inadequate police training and reduces the problem to an absurd straw man. Shame on you.
    I would say shame on you as well since you did not read the rest of the thread when I specifically said the US police officers are undertrained (with a lot of others systemic issue in the US).

But I won't write it again each time some numbskull say MUH RACIST POLICE OFFICER.

But I won't write it again each time some numbskull say MUH RACIST POLICE OFFICER.
    Yet Racist Police Officers exist.

Yet Racist Police Officers exist.
    I have never denied it. As racist black people do also exist.

Yet Racist Cops get away with Murder/Attempted Murder.

ah ok you are on of these people. How does the leather taste?

Yet Racist Cops get away with Murder/Attempted Murder.
    That is inherent at their job.

What should you have done in this situation ? You tazed the guy, then he repels you and move to his car ?

- - - Updated - - -

ah ok you are on of these people. How does the leather taste?
    I am just saying that yes, racist police officer do exist as well as regular black people but also white people. You do know that the color of your skin does not make you immune to being a racist ?

I would say shame on you as well since you did not read the rest of the thread when I specifically said the US police officers are undertrained (with a lot of others systemic issue in the US).

It's actually people like you, who want to downplay the problem, that argue these events are rare and the result of a few racist cops. BLM and it's allies advocating real reform know the issues are much more complex and deep seeded than this. Attributing these shootings exclusively to individual racists is dangerous and won't lead to a lasting solution. Arguing AGAINST the problem being a few racist individuals because they don't have time to remember they are racist is utterly incoherent.

What should you have done in this situation ? You tazed the guy, then he repels you and move to his car ?

- - - Updated - - -

I am just saying that yes, racist police officer do exist as well as regular black people but also white people. You do know that the color of your skin does not make you immune to being a racist ?
    you brought it up out of nowhere. your choice to say that and a quick reading between the lines in your post history says it all. little things like 'blacks can be racist too' when no one is talking about that and it isnt relevant to the conversation really give the game away.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    It's actually people like you, who want to downplay the problem, that argue these events are rare and the result of a few racist cops. BLM and it's allies advocating real reform know the issues are much more complex and deep seeded than this. Attributing these shootings exclusively to individual racists is dangerous and won't lead to a lasting solution. Arguing AGAINST the problem being a few racist individuals because they don't have time to remember they are racist is utterly incoherent.
    I do not know why you quote me though as your post is clearly not meant for me.

I am not downplaying the problem to a few racist cops that kill black people, many others in this thread did. Have fun with them.

- - - Updated - - -

you brought it up out of nowhere. your choice to say that and a quick reading between the lines in your post history says it all. little things like 'blacks can be racist too' when no one is talking about that and it isnt relevant to the conversation really give the game away.
    Too much reading between the lines, bro.

What would you have done in the same situation ?

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

You heard it here first, guys, Murder is inherent at being a Police officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    No, you didn't, maybe word your posts better if that was your goal.

But as you know what will happen, enlighten the rest of us.
    Exactly the same will happen, just maaaaybe less often - you will have similar incidents where shooting will be the first choice instead of other means. As I have said previously - look to the European cop training (and not just European). 5 months of training is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.