The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Since everyone is guessing anyway, if they didn't know who he was and about the warrant, going off the 911 call they could have though he was trying to "kidnap the kids too"

Officers were called to respond to a domestic disturbance, police said, but it's unclear who called 911 or what happened before the video recording begins. In a police call, a dispatcher says Blake "isn't supposed to be there" and that he took the complainant's keys and refused to leave. The dispatcher later explains she doesn't have more details because the caller was "uncooperative."

just as far as everyone else this is speculation, there is a chance going off the 911 call they though he was trying to drive off with the kids and that's why they didn't want him in the car so bad.
    would like to know if there is a recording of the call.
    Damn people will really come up with any excuse to justify murder/attempted murder won’t they?

“Oh no He’s trying to kidnap some kids I better fucking unload towards the car holding said kids because I’m such a fucking hero!

[QUOTE=Orange Joe;52596135]
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    He disobeyed orders to go and try to get something outside of their sight... tell me what do you think this "law abiding" citizen was going to do?

So where was his gun? I mean if he DID have one they would have let it be know.

When you don't know the difference between "all" and "most"....
    Maybe you should try to resist arrest then reach for something in your car in any other country and let us how it went ?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Maybe you should try to resist arrest then reach for something in your car in any other country and let us how it went ?
    I would probably get roughed up but not shot. The police in my small town aren't that chicken shit to just open fire. Not to mention I know a few of them including the sheriff.

Either way, how is this a retort to anything?

Boy you gave up that Americans could be armed more often fast enough.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Damn people will really come up with any excuse to justify murder/attempted murder won’t they?

“Oh no He’s trying to kidnap some kids I better fucking unload towards the car holding said kids because I’m such a fucking hero!
    sorry didn't know just trying bring up any speculation's were excuses, sorry to fuck with your blinders.

7+ Year Old Account
    sorry didn't know just trying bring up any speculation's were excuses, sorry to fuck with your blinders.
    “What do you mean making up nonsense to justify blowing him away is making excuses? I’m just trying to ask questions are we not allowed to ask questions!”

This Kinda bull shit isn’t new your not fooling any one.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    So where was his gun? I mean if he DID have one they would have let it be know.

When you don't know the difference between "all" and "most"....
    Alright go try this in Africa where in states where there is law enforcement they cut the hands of thieves...

Most of the world doesn't agree with you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    But you people are too busy screaming about firing all the cops (or calling them cowards - hello Endus).
    In a case like this, where an officer pre-emptively shoots a suspect with lethal force without actually identifying any lethal threat, you've basically got two explanations you can use, neither of which justify the decision.

They could be a racist who just really wants to murder someone of the race they hate.
    Or they're a coward who's panicking and out of control.

I'm calling them "cowards" because it's the less-inflammatory option, and because it runs directly counter to the "cops are heroes" bullshit. They're not heroes if they're cowards who panic and murder people without just cause. Want me to think you're heroic? Put yourself at risk, rather than shooting people "just in case". Y'know, like cops do basically everywhere else in the developed world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright go try this in Africa where in states where there is law enforcement they cut the hands of thieves...

Do you honestly think this is a retort in some way? So because some shit hole country does it it's ok here? Are we not allowed to hold our police to better standards than some nameless African country?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

7+ Year Old Account

If America is on par with China or places where they cut your hands off instead of actual first world country’s do you not see the problem?

“What do you mean making up nonsense to justify blowing him away is making excuses? I’m just trying to ask questions are we not allowed to ask questions!”

This Kinda bull shit isn’t new your not fooling any one.
    right, I can see anything that could possibly have you look at it from any other angles than your own narrow view would be bad.
    I even said it was a speculation along along with everyone else guessing (warrant\grabbing gun\etc) but putting it in bold it was not even enough for you it seems, next time I'll see if I can put it in flashing lights and neon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    I definitely wouldn't get fucking shot.

But then, I'm also a white dude, and that probably plays into it more than I'm really aware. I grew up in one of the more racist areas in Canada, and I won't pretend to know how my being detained for suspicion of B&E would've played out had me and my friend been a couple of black teenagers, rather than a couple white kids.

10+ Year Old Account

So instead of talking in generalities, it's best to be specific to prevent treating all parts of Africa as the same. The only place that this legally happens in Africa is Sudan. Islamic controlled areas of Nigeria and Somalia have also done it. None of this should be used as an excuse for excessive police violence in America though, nor for excusing itchy trigger fingers because police are worried. Too many unarmed people die due to pre-emptive police shooting when there was no actual gun, like people reaching for their wallet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    But then, I'm also a white dude, and that probably plays into it more than I'm really aware. I grew up in one of the more racist areas in Canada, and I won't pretend to know how my being detained for suspicion of B&E would've played out had me and my friend been a couple of black teenagers, rather than a couple white kids.
    Nice job assuming being white is a free pass, who's the racist here now?
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-08-26 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

7+ Year Old Account
    right, I can see anything that could possibly have you look at it from any other angles than your own narrow view would be bad.
    I even said it was a speculation along along with everyone else guessing (warrant\grabbing gun\etc) but putting it in bold it was not even enough for you it seems, next time I'll see if I can put it in flashing lights and neon.
    Again hiding behind “I’m just asking questions” isn’t a new tactic.

Your spinning bullshit to justify the shooting while Trying to play it off as just speculating/asking questions so you can deny taking any real stance when you face push back, this shits been seen through for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Too many unarmed people die due to pre-emptive police shooting when there was no actual gun, like people reaching for their wallet.
    Why would you suddenly want to reach your wallet, open your glove compartment, jump, wiggle, roll on the floor, spin a hoola hoop or do whatever else while being in the middle of being detained?
    Last edited by Yadryonych; 2020-08-26 at 03:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Nice job assuming being white is a free pass, who's the racist here now?
    Recognizing that systemic racism exists doesn't make me racist. That's absolutely fucking ridiculous.

Again hiding behind “I’m just asking questions” isn’t a new tactic.

Your spinning bullshit to justify the shooting while Trying to play it off as just speculating/asking questions so you can deny taking any real stance when you face push back, this shits been seen through for a long time.
    Personally I think the excuse they are going for is they thought he was going for a gun in the car, but screw any other idea that could come in play huh...

and show me where I asked a question I thought I was just throwing another theory out there that seems you get your panties in a bunch for some reason?

I love how quickly people counter with "Go try this in (insert third world or authoritarian country) if you think it isnt fair!" demonstrating their complete fucking lack of awareness to the current state of policing in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you suddenly want to reach your walled, open your glove compartment, jump, wiggle, roll on the floor, spin a hoola hoop or do whatever else while being in the middle of being detained?
    What about when a cop tells you to grab it then shoots you when you go for it?

https://www.cnn.com/2014/09/25/justi...ing/index.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you suddenly want to reach your walled, open your glove compartment, jump, wiggle, roll on the floor, spin a hoola hoop or do whatever else while being in the middle of being detained?
    Because there's something I want to show the officer that I need to get to?

I've literally done that, while being detained, and the officer didn't even try and stop me, nor lay a hand on me. Didn't even draw his weapon. Because Canadian officers aren't completely fucking insane.