Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    It seems rational to be alarmed especially if your trying to protect property.
    Why was he there protecting property? The police department didn't want him there and it's not his property.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Citation needed. Protesting is not rioting no matter how much right wing media continues to try and spin it as such.
    I mean... there are all the fires and attacks... are we actually going to play the peaceful protestor now?

Do you actually expect me to refute something so comical? Didnt thet just flat out randomly shoot a guy last night?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Yes it is. There have been 90 days of riots because the shit that caused the riot is still fucking happening.

"protecting property" is just a dog whistle for hunting people at this point. Want to protect property? Hold the police accountable, do whatever needs to be done in order to stop them murdering people with impunity, it's possible, most of the world manages it.
    People complain more in this thread about "ninety days of rioting" more than they have decades of monthly school shootings and then act mystified when we call them out on them giving more a shit about property damage than loss of life.

Also evidenced by the fact they view antifascists/BLM as a public menace but both groups have a negligible death count when you tally up right wing motivated violence in the past few decades, which enters up into the hundreds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean... there are all the fires and attacks... are we actually going to play the peaceful protestor now?
    Again, citation needed. "I saw fire on the telly" is not evidence.

Do you actually expect me to refute something so comical? Didnt thet just flat out randomly shoot a guy last night?
    Yes, I do. I expect you to back up the assertion that this has been "ninety days of rioting" and not in fact ninety days of protesting that has occasionally escalated into a riot, the latter usually provoked by law enforcement.

Where's the beef, chief?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Death Cultists =\
    It's less a matter of it being a "death cult" (I kinda find the term misleading since any cult can have the aspect I'm about to describe) and more a function of people that are so desperate in their desire to be confirmed as part of the in-group even if said desire is ultimately fatal to themselves.

Call it Serena Joy Syndrome. The presence of members of a marginalized demographic within an extremist group doesn't make that group not extremist, just as women being instrumental to Gilead's creation and perpetuation doesn't make it not a misogynist shithole.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-08-31 at 03:26 PM.

I say video evidence you say conjecture.
    The video showing murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryyke View Post
    Why was he there protecting property? The police department didn't want him there and it's not his property.
    Oh you're wrong there. The police were totally cool with the white nationalist militia they even thanked them.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey remember that time when Kenosha was cool with genocide?

This over theft... and a car chase... but when it comes to white nationalists murderers? Oh... it's the fault of the people out past curfew.. though not the fault of the shooter also out past curfew

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    People complain more in this thread about "ninety days of rioting" more than they have decades of monthly school shootings and then act mystified when we call them out on them giving more a shit about property damage than loss of life.

Also evidenced by the fact they view antifascists/BLM as a public menace but both groups have a negligible death count when you tally up right wing motivated violence in the past few decades, which enters up into the hundreds.
    I'd venture to say thousands. Especially when you include say 30 years or so. Then include police officers within that same right wing group and well.. you see where we are going.

- - - Updated - - -

And to people bitching about protests and riots:

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable
    ~JFK

Also this idea that peaceful protest is beneficial to getting major change is not supported by history instead the side that keeps saying "just be peaceful how dare you riot how dare you destroy property" are the same people who were slavers, kkk, sympathisers, or just racists who didn't give a fuck and didn't want to be inconvenienced.

Also tell me... why the fuck are white Americans concerned about neighbourhoods THEY DO NOT LIVE IN but only when there are riots or protests? They don't give a fuck to fund the areas, or make sure policing isn't oppressing the areas. But when a store burns down now white America is up in arms about a place they don't live in or give a fuck about?

7+ Year Old Account

I mean, with all the macing and shooting and murder you’re going to say the Trump supporters are peaceful? Didn’t they flat out shoot 3 people last week, killing 2?

- - - Updated - - -

Is it? It's been 90 days of rioting by that point and each time there have been fires and random attacks there are a host of videos of them attacking people and a few of them bricking them.

It seems rational to be alarmed especially if your trying to protect property.

- - - Updated - - -

Self defense is self defense. You don't have a right to attack random people.
    Which is what he did when he turned and shot blindly at people.

Why were the out of state instigators driving through downtown, which their caravan wasn't supposedly planned to do? Why were they sitting in the beds, potentially illegally, waving flags? Why shooting paintballs at people? Why macing people? I saw them driving through crowds, is that not an aggressive attempt to escalate?

Why are they being given a pass here? They're not from the city, or the state. They're caravanning across the state border and entering the city with intent to cause trouble. They're not supporting any causes, none that aren't reactions to protests against police brutality and for racial justice. Why are they there if not to instigate confrontations?

Note: This doesn't excuse any response from protesters, including the alleged protester that shot a guy. Prosecute him to the full extent of the law, murder is unacceptable no matter your political views. But like Rittenhouse, these guys too were out of state agitators who had no reason to be there in the first place.

It is known that the most of the violence and fires and destruction are from far right bad actors. Go after them if you really have a problem with all that.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

So yeah listen to the Kenosha Sheriff and he is pretty much a full blown racist.

I will link a twitter feed that gives the part from John Oliver if you want a quick look.

Here is the full video at around 10 minute mark is the same comments by Kenosha Sheriff.

@Themius. Yeah I was AFK when making my thread and by time I complete mine I saw you post the same.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2020-08-31 at 04:51 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    It is known that the most of the violence and fires and destruction are from far right bad actors.
    or when the cops start shit like macing, kiddnapping, beating people. and then these giga brains wonder why the protests get violent, it's a reaction to the things they are out there protesting against.

Furthermore....

They tried peaceful, quiet and respectful protesting by kneeling and the same people bitching now were bitching then. This is why we know, for a fact and beyond a shadow of a doubt, the bitching about the protests (then and now) is rooted in racism. Full stop.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Furthermore....

They tried peaceful, quiet and respectful protesting by kneeling and the same people bitching now were bitching then. This is why we know, for a fact and beyond a shadow of a doubt, the bitching about the protests (then and now) is rooted in racism. Full stop.
    They only acceptable protest to these people is the protests they can't see or hear and can pretend don't exist so they don't have to think about the issue can can remain happy and ignorant.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/EricLuedtke/stat...58017370521601

This, and other similar images, was posted by Arthur "Mac" Love, the Deputy Director of Community Initiatives for the state of Maryland. His role includes working with minority groups in communities across the state.

He's since been fired.

But if you want to see racism deeply rooted within our system of governance, in addition to law enforcement, here's an example. This is what people are protesting, people in positions like his sharing their racist views in private groups where they think they have a safe space to be a racist.

Furthermore....

No some people would just like to be able to make it to work without having a violent mob blocking the road or looting and/or burning down their place of employment.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    No some people would just like to be able to make it to work without having a violent mob blocking the road or looting and/or burning down their place of employment.
    Yeah that’s why people are protesting, the cops need to stop acting like a violent mob, looting peoples properties and killing them.

3+ Year Old Account
    holy fuck dude, that's what they were until the cops and their fascist cohorts turn them violent. you pretending that doesn't happen isn't fooling anyone else.

Blocking the road is not violent.

Violence has been a tiny fraction of the overall activism since George Floyd was murdered, yet you all focus on it like that's all that's been going on.

Eventually, when folks spend decades protesting peacefully to demand justice, equality, and systemic change, and are met with a stone wall of silence at every turn because it requires a multi-level response from the local to the state to the federal level, folks get fed up. That's not to defend or excuse any violence, but to present it in context.

How many more decades are we supposed to ask people of color, specifically Black Americans, to patiently wait while they're murdered and harassed by the police in disproportionate numbers? How many more sons and daughters will need to be killed? How many people turned against the police due to harassment they face? How many more lives ruined or upended?

This shit ain't isolated, and it happens with law enforcement across the board. Here's a story about a US diplomat who was on the receiving end of months of harassment by CBP for the crime of being Black - https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...arassed-325676

Being harassed by your own countries law enforcement, while serving your country as a diplomat abroad, is unacceptable. Just as all of this is unacceptable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Right, some people just want to keep the status quo.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Your right but each of those spawn from him having a weapon a year early.

I don't understand why he felt the need to be their but unless he was doing something sketchy before the attack ( all we have is eyewitness reports of people in the mob that attacked him) it looks like self defense.

I don't really know what will happen. It feels like a case pushed on via technicalities. Because he was underage with a weapon it's a felony because it's a felony he is then also instantly responsible for any loss of life regardless of circumstances. His defense though at least to me seems solid. He only used his weapon when he felt like it was the last resort and attempted to flee the situation first as the video shows.

It's a complicated case. On one hand if he was a year older it would be cut and dry but the fact is he isn't.
    He's underage with a unlicensed weapon then he proceeded to cross state lines that's several state and federal felonies. He is not law enforcement and he doesn't have any special permission to be there that makes him a vigilante which makes him the aggressor since he had no right to be there.

Those things you call "technicalities" are called intent and context in a court of law and strip him of any right to claim self defense. If he hadn't broken so many laws two people would be alive today.