Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Because when some of us went to school that part of the educational experience was missing until college. Did you not go to college or did you just ignore your history classes?
    I think there is a big difference between teaching people normal history and using history to push for support to a specific movement

How would you feel if public schools used the history of animal cruelty as means to push support for PETA

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Who's playing victim?
    Every single Trump supporter.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

These 4 word responses really show a depth of thought. Funny how they were in response to a comment noting how people on this page don't want to debate those who disagree because they are absolutely sure that they are right. Almost like you're making my point for me, huh?

Anyway, good night.
    people have spent pages replying to you, aka having a discussion but because they dont agree with what you post, you have decided that they are not willing to have a 'discussion'. aka you dont want any pushback and now you are having a cry about it. low energy.

The point is that it implies a certainty that you know what's right and you have to convince everyone else of it. Not have a discussion.
    Accepting that systemic racism is a part of this country and that we should work to address it in order to create a more equal society like, shouldn't require much discussion? Saying that police shouldn't be a catchall for all problems and that cities, especially bigger cities, should have smaller police budgets with less military-style police and a lot more social services to handle things like mental health crisis and wellness checks, shouldn't really require a lot of discussion.

Saying that police should be more transparent and held accountable for their actions shouldn't require a discussion.

None of these things should require a discussion any more than saying, "Civil Rights is a good things" should require discussion.

Nobody likes having discussions with people who are certain they are right and are not willing to listen to other viewpoints.
    Because the other viewpoint - that the status quote is fine - has been tried for decades and proven to do nothing. Because we've been having these discussions for decades, especially in the last decade or so with shocking regularity. This ain't a new discussion.

This whole thread has been a discussion of the topic for christs sake.

These 4 word responses really show a depth of thought. Funny how they were in response to a comment noting how people on this page don't want to debate those who disagree because they are absolutely sure that they are right. Almost like you're making my point for me, huh?

Anyway, good night.
    Blah, blah, blah.

There is no greater example of playing the victim than a bunch of Trump supporters storming state capitals because they don't to wear masks during an airborne pandemic, that has thus far killed 200,000 people and tanked the economy.

You can get pissy all you want, but it is 100% true and you know it in your bones.

There, more than 4 fucking words, happy?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    I think there is a big difference between teaching people normal history and using history to push for support to a specific movement

How would you feel if public schools used the history of animal cruelty as means to push support for PETA
    But it's not anything you said it was and neither is this the equivalent, you are only triggered because you see the words BLM as some kind of evil terrorist plot or whatever. It's courses to explain why black people still need to fight against racial injustice, you made up the rest of the shit attached to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Playing victim is lazy.
    so when did this page go from discussing the police brutality to talking about the election did i miss something. also he's right. that's all you lot do is drive away anyone with a different viewpoint and sit there in your little bubble constantly reinforcing each other's post with very little disagreement and everytime someone disagrees your side just calls them a troll or a sealion or some other ad hominem. honestly it's getting really old.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so when did this page go from discussing the police brutality to talking about the election did i miss something. also he's right. that's all you lot do is drive away anyone with a different viewpoint and sit there in your little bubble constantly reinforcing each other's post with very little disagreement and everytime someone disagrees your side just calls them a troll or a sealion or some other ad hominem. honestly it's getting really old.
    Yep, and they did not even realize that. They do like the : if you are not with us, you are against us.

If you try to put some sense or moderation in the discussion, you are called : trumpsters, fascist, sealion, etc...

Honestly, it is kinda fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    So don;t discuss it in a public forum?
    Dontndisccus it in such a way that it gives even more ammunition to the opposition, more important on more public places on twitter, but to use the dude who's tweets are currently getting used to bash the Democrats

https://mobile.twitter.com/nodank_?lang=en

Non of this is actually helping anyone except trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Dontndisccus it in such a way that it gives even more ammunition to the opposition, more important on more public places on twitter, but to use the dude who's tweets are currently getting used to bash the Democrats

The notion that being capable of somehow uniting people to the point of having no weak links, in regards to embarrassing and dumb people, is I'd say even more ridiculous as a suggestion

Just saying.

Equally so; it kind of doesn't matter really. You will always point to oppositions lowest point, and your own greatest potential.
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

Quote Originally Posted by Howel View Post
    The notion that being capable of somehow uniting people to the point of having no weak links, in regards to embarrassing and dumb people, is I'd say even more ridiculous as a suggestion

Just saying.

Equally so; it kind of doesn't matter really. You will always point to oppositions lowest point, and your own greatest potential.
    Now that is the rape will always exist why try argument.

Its not about stamping out any and all forms of dumbfuckery that makes your side lose votes, its about self policing, its about social pressure and some times its just about distancing your self till the heat dies down.

The right will always be far better at slinging mud than the left, its there game at the end of the day, its the type of politics there most used to. The worst thing is to hand them more ammunition than they would normally get.

Your always going to have weaklinks, but atm its hard to find any strong ones because there being drowned out by weaklinks.

LOL, Fox News thinks they got some magical bullet to protect their favorite 17 year old white nationalist.

They aired footage from AFTER the first murder, thinking this excuses the 2nd murder and the 3rd shooting. I am ONLY linking this article because I saw it on my phone when I was scrolling through the Smart News app, and just had to fucking laugh. They think that the 2nd murder was self defense after he had already murdered Rosenbaum. https://www.foxnews.com/media/kenosh...enhouse-tucker

And it is clear from the retarded comments on there, that they all think that he is going to get off. If the jury is full of those morons, he probably will.

But the videos I have seen, show that he murdered the first guy, and the 2nd guy, and maimed the third guy. He should spend the rest of his life in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post

I’m sorry but that’s just a huge no for me. They made wearing masks an issue...during a pandemic. Anything we say or do gives them ammunition. They do not get to destroy the country AND dictate what I discuss based on fear of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    LOL, Fox News thinks they got some magical bullet to protect their favorite 17 year old white nationalist.

They aired footage from AFTER the first murder, thinking this excuses the 2nd murder and the 3rd shooting. I am ONLY linking this article because I saw it on my phone when I was scrolling through the Smart News app, and just had to fucking laugh. They think that the 2nd murder was self defense after he had already murdered Rosenbaum. https://www.foxnews.com/media/kenosh...enhouse-tucker

And it is clear from the retarded comments on there, that they all think that he is going to get off. If the jury is full of those morons, he probably will.

But the videos I have seen, show that he murdered the first guy, and the 2nd guy, and maimed the third guy. He should spend the rest of his life in prison.
    I think there's a reasonable argument in place for the 2nd and 3rd murders to meet the legal requirements for self defense, since in his mind he had stopped and then people were coming after him. My best estimate is 2nd degree for the first murder, then the others get qualified down to voluntary manslaughter (voluntary due to him creating the situation to begin with), though well off white teenager so who knows what the jury will do.

If the first incident is considered as self defense by the jury, the next 2 could be as well as, per the law, it did not do anything wrong and he was being assaulted. This case is so muddy and shitty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    If the first incident is considered as self defense by the jury, the next 2 could be as well as, per the law, it did not do anything wrong and he was being assaulted. This case is so muddy and shitty.
    Normal status quo would be for him to be charged separately for each murder, then during charging they're considered simultaneously.

That’s not how the law works.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I think there's a reasonable argument in place for the 2nd and 3rd murders to meet the legal requirements for self defense, since in his mind he had stopped and then people were coming after him. My best estimate is 2nd degree for the first murder, then the others get qualified down to voluntary manslaughter (voluntary due to him creating the situation to begin with), though well off white teenager so who knows what the jury will do.
    You can't claim self defense after murdering someone, otherwise school shooters would be able to do that when they are being charged at by someone trying to disarm them.

You can't claim self defense after murdering someone, otherwise school shooters would be able to do that when they are being charged at by someone trying to disarm them.
    So when can you claim self defense ? What is the difference with a murder ?

It won't. Wisconsin is not a stand your ground state, it is a castle doctrine state. And since it wasn't his "castle" to begin with, he is required to flee. And I have seen the close up videos, someone shoots a gun into the air, and he turns around and murders Rosenbaum. Probably because he thought Rosenbaum had a gun, which he didn't.

That, and he was ILLEGALLY carrying the gun. Again, cannot claim self defense while committing a crime.

- - - Updated - - -

So when can you claim self defense ? What is the difference with a murder ?
    Not in the situation that he was in. There is a reason the DA added more charges to his case.