10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    What people? Where’s your evidence? Straw man arguments are fun, I guess, but not very productive.
    Deeply confused 17 year old? What about the 70 year old in the White House encouraging this shit? How old was his mother driving him there?

- - - Updated - - -

Sure. At this point I’m willing to sacrifice Rittenhouse on the alter of bloodthirsty liberals.
    You are sacrificing a man that killed two people and it’s liberals fault? What will liberals do, see him through trial? WTF?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You are sacrificing a man that killed two people and it’s liberals fault? What will liberals do, see him through trial? WTF?
    It's just more of this stupid brand of 'Woke Centrisism' that seems to assume that two sides having strong opinions about something must both be wrong because being angry is bad, while ignoring the actual reasons why people are upset about something.

You saw it a lot in the ye olden Gay Marriage debates about 'compromise' where the two sides were 'We want to have rights' and 'Gays should be destroyed'. It's just willfully ignorant bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    The actual reason is Facebook and the media gradually radicalizing and angering pretty much everyone which in turn drives more clicks. I’m very aware of it.
    Yeah, no.

When two sides of an issue is "gay/black/transgender people should be treated fairly and equitably", and the other side refuses to accept that, there's only one radicalized position on display, there. The bigots. The side of equity and fairness is about as milquetoast a position as you could possibly have, except in the eyes of a bigot, of course. But that's only descriptive of their extremism and radicalization, not that both sides are somehow "radicalized".

Sure, social media has had some contribution to helping radicalized extremist groups propagandize and recruit, but the issue doesn't exist because of social media. Nor has it been the goal of social media; it's just an accident of giving everyone the capacity to reach out to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/18/us/te...rnd/index.html

Add another in the bucket for, "Cops are a bunch of panicky, untrained cowards who are too keen to draw and use their weapons as the first response to anything."

Cop gets called to check on an unconscious woman. He shows up, her dog starts running towards him and his first reaction is to draw his weapon and fire blindly towards the dog. He missed the dog with all three shots, but he ended up shooting Margarita Brooks and killing her.

He's indicted on criminally negligent homicide, which is a pretty minor charge. Glad that there are at least charges, and hopefully her family can get some justice and we can get this dangerous coward off the streets.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/23/us/br...ent/index.html

What a fucking joke. I sure hope there's a separate investigation into the departments attempts to cover up their crimes and their attempts to get her ex-boyfriend to lie and implicate her in his crimes.

Man, I guess the best profession for a determined killer to get into really is law enforcement. You can pretty much kill without repercussions, and your cop buddies will probably take you out for beers to celebrate your killings.
    Any one shocked at the REPUBLICAN AG GIVING SPEECHES AT TRUMP RALLIES not charging the officers?

The claim that killing her was JUSTIFIED is fucking bogus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Florida is trying to become the largest fascist state in the Union

I hope the people of Kentucky stay safe and vigilant. Breona Taylor and them deserve better.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

I hope the people of Kentucky stay safe and vigilant. Breona Taylor and them deserve better.
    I mean, at this point, "safe" means "arm yourself so you can defend against police brutality".

Which is insane, but that's where the Kentucky AG wants to take everything, apparently.

The police either exist to protect and serve their community, or they're an active threat to that community, and that community will respond accordingly.

Which isn't me encouraging violence. I'm just pointing out it's where these policies inevitably lead. Police jackboots stepping on the necks of the people, until the people rise up against them. The alternative, which the AG's discarded (and many others, in other jurisdictions), is that you hold cops accountable for their crimes rather than defending them. Apparently, that's unacceptable.
    Last edited by Endus; 2020-09-23 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yeah, no.

When two sides of an issue is "gay/black/transgender people should be treated fairly and equitably", and the other side refuses to accept that, there's only one radicalized position on display, there. The bigots. The side of equity and fairness is about as milquetoast a position as you could possibly have, except in the eyes of a bigot, of course. But that's only descriptive of their extremism and radicalization, not that both sides are somehow "radicalized".

Sure, social media has had some contribution to helping radicalized extremist groups propagandize and recruit, but the issue doesn't exist because of social media. Nor has it been the goal of social media; it's just an accident of giving everyone the capacity to reach out to everyone else.
    Yep, the bigots in your situation, I have seen a lot of people claiming that the gays want "more rights" than the average hetero couple. And I keep asking them what special right are they trying to get that the hetero couple don't have, and they can't come up with a single thing. I just tell them that if they think allowing the gay person to marry the person they love, is asking for special treatment then they need to look at themselves in the mirror and ask themselves if they are the assholes in that situation. Not a lot of them come back after that argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    -snip-
    The Kentucky AG is an absolute douche machine. He's trying to do everything he can to deflect attention away from what actually happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

[IMG]https://i.redd.it/xu7vmr3n0ko51.jpg[IMG]

They already arrested members of the PSL for organizing anti-police protests, seems Florida just wants to be out in the open about it.

edit - also the cops not caring about the far right militia on the streets while going after the protesters in Kentucky.
    https://twitter.com/sethdunlap/statu...61380993392648
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2020-09-23 at 11:05 PM.

I finally did enough research about the Breonna Taylor case. Seems like an appropriate outcome

The main issue is why those types of raids are allowed more than anything, seems like its inviting for violent outcomes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    The Kentucky AG is an absolute douche machine. He's trying to do everything he can to deflect attention away from what actually happened.
    Trump was just asked about the Breona ruling at a press conference. His response? He had an emergency call to make... I’m not joking... he cut the briefing short and left to make an “emergency call” instead of answering...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    I finally did enough research about the Breonna Taylor case. Seems like an appropriate outcome
    I think Breonna would disagree...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

The main issue is why those types of raids are allowed more than anything, seems like its inviting for violent outcomes
    How can you say it was an appropriate outcome, when they did a no knock warrant, without announcing who they were. The boyfriend was well within his rights to shoot anyone that was breaking into the apartment. Then they tried to get him to plead guilty to implicate Breonna into the same crimes, and he wouldn't. Not to mention, they claimed they didn't have body cameras, though they had the holsters for them, and one was even carrying one, that wasn't on. And they blind fired into the apartment shooting Breonna 8 fucking times? Bull fucking shit is this an appropriate outcome.

Trump was just asked about the Breona ruling at a press conference. His response? He had an emergency call to make... I’m not joking... he cut the briefing short and left to make an “emergency call” instead of answering...
    I'm past being surprised. At this juncture, I've accepted that Trump is going to rig the election and systematically tear US democracy apart in the next 4 years. The effects it's going to have on the rest of the world is what worries me. Is going to be a nightmare.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Breonna would disagree...
    Obviously, but her boyfriend was literally shooting at the police and the police shot back. Its a tragedy but at most its negligence

The issue is about those type of raids IMO, that seems fucked up

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously, but her boyfriend was literally shooting at the police and the police shot back. Its a tragedy but at most its negligence

Indeed, time for people to pay for their mistakes, so these don’t happen again. I get worse punishment for being late to work 3 times...

Because the police did not announce themselves and he rightfully thought there was someone trying to break in. It's negligence, followed by a determined effort to cover up what happened on the part of police, including trying to get Traylor's ex-boyfriend to implicate her in crimes she had no involvement in.

That's a rotten police department from top to bottom.

The other issue being that there's no accountability when "mistakes" like this lead to innocent people being killed.

He shot at them, because they didn't announce themselves. He thought they were breaking into his apartment.

Oh what research was this! I bet you this wouldn't fly north of the border, or in just about every western nation but this piece of special hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Oh what research was this! I bet you this wouldn't fly north of the border, or in just about every western nation but this piece of special hell.
    Can Breanna claim self defense? or did she have to shoot at cops to claim that? Asking for a friend...

https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/1308878735916007424

Welp, right wingers heavily armed in their tacticool gear have shown up in Louisville.

Protesters have shields.

"Counter-protesters" have guns.

I wonder which one is there to incite violence?