Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    And that, my dear, is what makes your opinion racist.

Insisting that you know a minority's motivations despite their statements to the contrary. It's infantilization.
    Yes, I assume looters are immature people who need to be kept in check via force because they can not be trusted to do so themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Because your ilk was totally ok with it when Kaepernick peacefully kneeled to protest exactly this sort of thing, eh?
    I don't even know who that is.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    Well peaceful is a start. You seem to be implying they have protested this recently without breaking into instant looting and rioting.

Beyond that if you wish to use violence you have to actually be competent in its use. If my enemy texted me that he set his car on fire to spite me I wouldn't be afraid I would be bemused.
    I mean, have you watched the video of the guy who started breaking windows at the AutoZone? It's a white guy, clearly dressed and prepared to come and do exactly what he did, and he looks an AWFUL lot like one of the guys on the police force (Though, to be fair, it is not yet proven that the officer is indeed the man in the video). But even if the man in question is NOT a police officer, it's extremely clear from the video that he was there explicitly to start a riot. He didn't engage with the protesters (it looked like they were trying to argue with him in fact), he didn't try and get in the building, he calmly walked up, broke the windows, then walked off.

It doesn't really seem to matter if people wanted to protest peacefully or not, there were groups who needed to make sure a riot happened, and by god they were going to get what they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Youre the one ass hurt about 'probably' and 'possibly' being interchangeable.
    They aren't

They have different fucking meanings.

One means "most likely"
    the other means "it's not impossible"

Seriously, learn what words mean.

If there is a 99% chance of something happening...it is probable
    If there is a 1% chance of something happening...it is possible but not probable.

Get it, yet?

Will you finally fuck off with this nonsense?

You misread the word "Probably" when I wrote the word "Possibly"

This could have been settled with a simple "Sorry, man. I misread what you said". But, you just couldn't own up to making that mistake.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-05-29 at 10:50 PM.

Yes, I assume looters are immature people who need to be kept in check via force because they can not be trusted to do so themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

So you admit you're a fucking retard who cant follow basic news, what a shock.

10+ Year Old Account
    No no, Karen. You don't get to weasel out of it that easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack
    I flat our refuse to believe this ever started out as peaceful
    So, you are saying that your opinion is justified because they are looters rather than peaceful protesters, but you also seem to think that any of these people aren't peaceful protesters because "you flat out refuse to believe so".

Your argument is so circular you could slather it in progesterone and sell it as a knock off NuvaRing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Murdering a black man for no reason other than that he was black, combined with a history of abuse of power and brutality towards other people of color.

This shit is not complicated, despite your attempts to defend racists and their violent abuses.
    You would have made a fine witch hunter indeed. No evidence at all and you can proclaim it's a racist crime. its like your psychic or something. But most likely you are just full of shit. You do this to stir up shit which aggravates the riots that will hurt the little people the most just so you can feel good about yourself. so gratz i guess.
    Last edited by DKjaigen; 2020-05-29 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    That makes the call any more credible?

1/3 of your countrymen disagree but anyway, this has nothing to do with what I wrote. It actually agrees with me, because they would be even less inclined to believe random citizen phone caller #1 than their own police force.

https://www.thelocal.it/20191115/fiv...stefano-cucchi

Uhu ok, sure.

Death of Cucchi 2009 - Officers arrested 10 years later.

Just keep your ears and eyes shut you high-risk target.
    1) Yes it does, since it makes whoever's calling much less keen on lying - calling the police without a good reason is a crime, too.
    2) Where did you pull that 1/3rd from? I'd be really curious to know. There'll be plenty of laughter to be had, I'm sure. In any case, the police is obligated to act when there's an emergency, it's not a matter of "believing" the caller. Seriously, it seems like you're writing from Bizarro World.
    3) Yeah, the case I was referring to. A decade ago, with ongoing outrage for 10 years, and with those responsible arrested (if a decade later). Cucchi was white, too, since you lot care. And other than talking about it for a decade, people were so outraged it eventually made it to a movie. Pretty sure it's on Netflix, too.
    4) Your laughable dismissal doesn't change reality. Sorry but not sorry if reality is inconvenient to you. But by all means, keep the ad hominem argum- wait, that's not even worthy of being called an argument, that's a Kindergarten-tier shot at me. I feel embarrassed for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    They aren't

They have different fucking meanings.

One means "most likely"
    the other means "it's not impossible"

Seriously, learn what words mean.

If there is a 99% chance of something happening...it is probable
    If there is a 1% chance of something happening...it is possible but not probable.
    probably
    adverb
    US /ˈprɑː.bə.bli/ UK /ˈprɒb.ə.bli/

A2
    used to mean that something is very likely:
    I'll probably be home by midnight.
    I'm probably going - it depends on the weather.
    He probably didn't even notice.
    Probably the best thing to do is to call them before you go.
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/...glish/probably
    WORDS RELATED TO PROBABLY

doubtless, presumably, perhaps, possibly, apparently, seemingly, plausibly, maybe, reasonably, perchance, assumably, expediently, feasibly, imaginably, presumptively
    https://www.dictionary.com/browse/probably
    probably adverb

To save this word, you'll need to log in.

Synonyms & Antonyms of probably
    by reasonable assumption
    we would probably win that bet
    Synonyms for probably

assumably, doubtless, likely, presumably
    Words Related to probably

maybe, mayhap, perchance, perhaps, possibly
    conceivably, imaginably, plausibly, practically, reasonably
    potentially
    assuredly, certainly, clearly, conclusively, decisively, definitely, definitively, indisputably, indubitably, positively, really, surely, truly, undeniably, undoubtedly, unquestionably
    presumedly, supposably, supposedly
    probably adverb

prob·​a·​bly | \ ˈprä-bə-blē , ˈprä(b)-blē \
    Definition of probably
    : insofar as seems reasonably true, factual, or to be expected : without much doubt
    is probably happy
    it will probably rain

Synonyms & Antonyms for probably
    Synonyms

assumably, doubtless, likely, presumably

Antonyms

improbably

Examples of probably in a Sentence

The impact probably added all but the last few percent of Earth's mass and set the stage for Earth's and the Moon's subsequent evolution.
    — Mark Wilson, Physics Today, February 2008

It was no secret that McKay preferred the thrill of victory to the agony of defeat, and that, along with his innocent optimism and snark-free sincerity, probably makes him hopelessly old-fashioned.

— Richard Hoffer, Sports Illustrated, 16 June 2008
    But what these newly inaugurated gym rats probably don't know is that besides buffing up their bodies for summer, they're also buffing up their brains.
    — Christen Brownlee, Science News, 25 Feb. 2006

It will probably rain today.
    They will probably be here soon.
    It was probably the best concert I've ever been to.
    There were probably about 150 people at the wedding.
    “Are you going to the picnic?” “Probably.”
    “Can you finish painting the room today?” “Probably not.”
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...bably#examples

You should probably lecture them on the proper use of the word.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

A black NFL player that protested police violence by kneeling for the national anthem. He was treated the same as (if not worse than) the protesters some of whom turned rioters in Minneapolis by right wing circles

My point more simply: there’s a group of people that will criticize Black people protesting no matter how peacefully it is, because the problem for them isn’t the manner of the protests, it’s who is doing the protesting
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2020-05-29 at 11:09 PM.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indara View Post
    Possibly and probably aren't interchangeable.
    Another person who doesn't understand the contextual nature of words and their definitions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indara View Post
    I don't know why it's so hard for you to admit you're wrong.
    Because wrong and right aren't interchangeable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    1) Yes it does, since it makes whoever's calling much less keen on lying - calling the police without a good reason is a crime, too.
    That does not make the call anymore believable, especially when there is already police on site.

2) Where did you pull that 1/3rd from? I'd be really curious to know. There'll be plenty of laughter to be had, I'm sure. In any case, the police is obligated to act when there's an emergency, it's not a matter of "believing" the caller. Seriously, it seems like you're writing from Bizarro World.
    Wikipedia, if you don't agree with it, meh, it's not really the point anyway.

3) Yeah, the case I was referring to. A decade ago, with ongoing outrage for 10 years, and with those responsible arrested (if a decade later). Cucchi was white, too, since you lot care. And other than talking about it for a decade, people were so outraged it eventually made it to a movie. Pretty sure it's on Netflix, too.
    It took 10 years and charges were dropped in between. I am not sure if you really want to make this a great example for your side of the discussion.

4) Your laughable dismissal doesn't change reality. Sorry but not sorry if reality is inconvenient to you. But by all means, keep the ad hominem argum- wait, that's not even worthy of being called an argument, that's a Kindergarten-tier shot at me. I feel embarrassed for you.
    Uhu.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are, however, related words. Which is all what you posted says of 'probably' and 'possibly'. None of your sources listed 'possibly' as a synonym of 'probably'.

You're not right. The fact that they are listed as related words doesn't mean they have the same meaning. Possible means can happen, probable means likely will happen, there is no context which changes that.

15+ Year Old Account
    You should probably lecture them on the proper use of the word.
    You should probably also look at the definition of possible.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Criminal complaint: ME finds George Floyd died of combination of underlying health conditions and potential intoxicants along with being restrained. Did not die of asphysixia or strangulation
    https://twitter.com/kscullinfox9/sta...970918922?s=19

This might have been posted already.

Yeah, I figured it was this or he smoked marijuana to grease the wheels of injustice.

Idk if I need to explain that having a knee on someone's neck can lead to heart failure. Or if he had heart disease he wasn't going to die that day walking down the street.

I'm telling you if this medical exam sticks I see the cops getting a real light sentence.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

Yeah, I figured it was this or he smoked marijuana to grease the wheels of injustice.

Idk if I need to explain that having a knee on someone's neck can lead to heart failure. Or if he had heart disease he wasn't going to die that day walking down the street.

I'm telling you if this medical exam sticks I see the cops getting a real light sentence.
    How right you probably are is infuriating bullshit.

15+ Year Old Account

Soooo they're going the "unlucky coincidence" defense?

10+ Year Old Account

In unrelated news, Lee Harvey Oswald has been exonerated after an autopsy revealed President Kennedy had underlying health conditions including chronic back pain and Addison's Disease. The combined effects of Mr. Kennedy being fired at, his underlying health conditions, and any potential intoxicants in his bloodstr--
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Soooo they're going the "unlucky coincidence" defense?
    That's not even a defense in civil liability, let alone criminal liability. It's known as the "eggshell skull" rule. IE, if you hit someone, and he dies because he has an eggshell thick skull and dies from a brain bleed......you're still responsible. You take the victim as he is.

In criminal law, there isn't even a thought that this could be a defense. You don't get to argue a person's underlying medical conditions led to his death, and thus you're not responsible.

The questions at hand are:
    1) Was the force expectedly lethal? IE, would a reasonable person expect that what they were doing might lead to a fatal outcome?
    2) Was it justified?

If the answers are yes, and then no, he's fucking guilty.

Premeditation and intent come in as secondary analyses in re: the severity (or degree) of murder.

Edit: As an aside, even the first question is largely extraneous. It speaks more to intent than anything else, and as such, is a low bar to clear. Almost any battery is considered potentially lethal in cases of murder.