Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You didn’t answer my question... what, you don’t know right from wrong?

You can’t even help your self...
    Well, I answered you. The Police Officers should have ask them if they could break into their home. They should have also ask them if they were part of any drug ring as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Well, I answered you. The Police Officers should have ask them if they could break into their home. They should have also ask them if they were part of any drug ring as well.
    No, you didn’t... I’ll ask again... Is shooting someone, after breaking into their house, right or wrong? You are responding to me, as if I asked if they made a mistake. That’s not what I’m asking...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

No, you didn’t... I’ll ask again... Is shooting someone, after breaking into their house, right or wrong? You are responding to me, as if I asked if they made a mistake. That’s not what I’m asking...
    If we take everything out of context, it is wrong. In that case, it is more in the middle ground as not everything is black and white (pun intended).

10+ Year Old Account
    If we take everything out of context, it is wrong. In that case, it is more in the middle ground as not everything is black and white (pun intended).
    I’m glad I could change your mind so quickly:

And here I thought Justice was an universal concept, like right and wrong.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Is the cop fired the one responsible for getting that warrant ?

And unlike you, I have a fair idea how it is hard to be part of law enforcement as I was a Gendarme for a time in my country a few year back. And my country is not as violent and armed as the US.
    Maybe they should get real jobs.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Maybe they should get real jobs.
    A real job doesn’t protect you from a fuck up that leads to dead people.

I’m glad I could change your mind so quickly:
    Yeah like right and wrong and everything else between, those "nuances" you do not know about but it is like talking to a brick wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah like right and wrong and everything else between, those "nuances" you do not know about but it is like talking to a brick wall.
    No shit... you shift from it being universal to having nuances, without even acknowledging or addressing your own argument that you just negated. How about you revisit the argument you made, based on Justice being universal, with your new found nuances?

No shit... you shift from it being universal to having nuances, without even acknowledging or addressing your own argument that you just negated. How about you revisit the argument you made, based on Justice being universal, with your new found nuances?
    The notion and knowledge of Justice(as in its whole), that was my point.

He said that if you lie to get that warrant, everything you do is premeditation. So since it seems that in that case, the warrant was based on "false" or "non verified" information, it is premeditation and should be considered first degree murder. I am not inventing it. And justice should be non passionate btw, that is why judge that have ties with one or both parties are replaced by another.
    That is what premeditation is - "with malice aforethought." It doesn't mean you have to specifically plan to kill Taylor, it just means you have to have an illegitimate/illegal plan which leads to her death.

And unlike you, I have a fair idea how it is hard to be part of law enforcement as I was a Gendarme for a time in my country a few year back. And my country is not as violent and armed as the US.
    Nothing you said has fuck all to do with my post you quoted.

I will state it again and this time read it carefully....
    Being fired is not a suitable punishment for killing someone due to extreme negligence and wouldn’t be for any other job in the US.

There is no other job where that much could be done incorrectly and it leads to the death of an innocent person and the person is only fired.

If I thought a convenience store was in the process of an armed robbery and I ran there with my guns blazing and shot an innocent person and the place wasn't actually being robbed....I would be under arrest and rightfully so. Following your insane logic, a cop who essentially did the same thing should be held to less responsibility even though they've had training and know better. That is fucking backwards no matter how much you think you were a cop at one point or not.

I've never been taxi driver either, but I know if a taxi driver was careless and ran someone over, they'd be more than fired...they'd be in handcuffs. Surely, comrade, cops can be held to higher fucking standards than a taxi driver, no?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you can't see the difference between right and wrong, I can't help you.
    The concepts of "right" and "wrong" are a spectrum, from very narrow and barely-present white and black at either end, to a wide range of every shade of gray in between.

How dark a gray it has to be before "right enough" becomes "too wrong" is not a universal concept and is not an objective determinable fact. Not unless you establish base principles by which to assess that, and then we're not talking about "knowing right from wrong" any more.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    That is what premeditation is - "with malice aforethought." It doesn't mean you have to specifically plan to kill Taylor, it just means you have to have an illegitimate/illegal plan which leads to her death.
    I really think people just flatly don't understand some of these basic legal terms.

Were you expecting to/prepared to kill someone? Premeditated murder. Cops smashing in a door with guns drawn pretty obviously would qualify, if they don't have legal justification (e.g. a lawful, proper warrant). That's not "hyperbole", that's just "what premeditated murder looks like". I just don't grant cops special considerations; if anything, they get less wiggle room on this stuff because they, of anyone, should have the training to know better.

An officer breaking the law is a greater crime than an average citizen, precisely because we grant police officers special rights and privileges in their practice on the job. "With great power comes great responsibility" and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Why is manslaughter warranted?

Better question: what do you think throwing this guy in jail for a long time will accomplish that firing wouldn't?
    Manslaughter is warranted because one person killed another and not under self defense or by accident.

Throwing him in jail achieves the same result as throwing a DUI driver in jail after killing someone on the road: punishment, safety for society, and hopefully reformation.
    Last edited by kail; 2020-09-27 at 08:21 PM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

So, I didn't see this posted, but a Ballistics Report refutes the Kentucky AG's assessment that Breonna Taylor's boyfriend shot a cop.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...op/3554995001/

The cops claimed they all had .40 caliber hand guns. But one of them had a 9mm, the same as the boyfriend, but the markings on the bullet didn't match the handgun by the boyfriend.

The KSP report says that “due to limited markings of comparative value,” the 9mm bullet that hit and exited Mattingly was neither “identified nor eliminated as having been fired” from Walker’s gun.
    He had claimed earlier on that it was irrefutable. So, he is just another lying Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    So, I didn't see this posted, but a Ballistics Report refutes the Kentucky AG's assessment that Breonna Taylor's boyfriend shot a cop.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...op/3554995001/

The cops claimed they all had .40 caliber hand guns. But one of them had a 9mm, the same as the boyfriend, but the markings on the bullet didn't match the handgun by the boyfriend.

He had claimed earlier on that it was irrefutable. So, he is just another lying Republican.
    Huh, so they can't even prove that the boyfriend shot one of the officers then. The cops stories keep getting weaker and weaker.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Huh, so they can't even prove that the boyfriend shot one of the officers then. The cops stories keep getting weaker and weaker.
    Man it's almost as if the entire chain of events leading up to and proceeding the botched raid was nothing but a clusterfuck followed by a ham-fisted attempt to justify their own fuckup.

Imagine if criminals can re-visit their own crime scene in the middle of an investigation:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ia/3558987001/

Quote Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
    Imagine if criminals can re-visit their own crime scene in the middle of an investigation:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ia/3558987001/
    Yeah, seeing some reporting on the body cam footage that's been leaked so far and...man does it sure look like most of the cops are dirty as fuck.

There were a handful on scene that were apparently trying to kick the officers involved in the shooting out of it because they weren't supposed to be there, but you've got images showing one of the officers involved WAS wearing a body cam, contradicting police statements, and the existing footage that's being leaked not only contradicts a lot of their story but it shows them flagrantly and repeatedly violating procedure and policy.

We need to know what materials the grand jury saw, because it's increasingly looking like they were not given all the evidence by law enforcement, who have continually tried to hide, cover up, or manipulate evidence since they killed Breonna Taylor.

10+ Year Old Account
    So let me get this straight. The cops claim they announced themselves but there's no footage except for a cop being shot? Why do we need to rely on witness testimony when they should have footage of the entire event.

- - - Updated - - -

A detective made up some bullshit on a warrant. A judge signed all the warrants without reading them. The police busted into someone's apartment without announcing themselves, resulting in an innocent person dying. The cops lie about it and tamper with the crime scene. All for what? Capturing some drug dealer they already had in custody? How is any of this behavior acceptable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    So let me get this straight. The cops claim they announced themselves but there's no footage except for a cop being shot? Why do we need to rely on witness testimony when they should have footage of the entire event.
    This is why all cops should be 1000% in favor of body cameras. They provide exculpatory documentation of the encounter.

Which tells you everything you need to know about officers and departments who resist the use of body cameras.