Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Okay.

Why did MPD choose to escalate the peaceful protest into a full blown riot, then?

And that you're not even willing to entertain the affirmative is answer enough. As was said: You know what's happening. You know you don't want it for you. I want to know why you are so willing to accept it, or to allow it to happen for others.

I've little compunction in saying quite openly that 2020 has made me absolutely ashamed to be white. I am disgusted by the behavior and opinions that a significant number of my demographic practices and holds given all the evidence that is available.

No lives matter until black lives matter. It's as simple as that, Karen.
    The fact that you once again dodged means an you are completely OK with committing crimes and are condoning them. That is a HUGE part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Yeah you are defending the looting. You just basically said, "They are insured, so it is OK".
    If you got that from what I said, get better reading comprehension. I'm simply stating I don't think anyone is gonna indirectly die from this.

A "news" source is reporting that he didn't die of asphyxiation, as per the autopsy report:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ie-of-asphyxia

Of course, when you actually try and go to the supposed autopsy report, it's actually the charge record for the suspect. This is either fake news, or terrible reporting. I'll let the Washington Examiner decide.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    If you got that from what I said, get better reading comprehension. I'm simply stating I don't think anyone is gonna indirectly die from this.
    Doesn't matter. Looting and rioting is not acceptable. You are making excuses for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that you once again dodged means an you are completely OK with committing crimes and are condoning them. That is a HUGE part of the problem.
    No, it's not.

The problem is systemic racism. And you're complicit in it every time you deny it exists, Karen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Tell me again why the private store of Papa Joe has to be looted and burned down, potentially driving him out to live on the street and die off as he cannot pay his bills?
    Or maybe smashing his house? He had nothing to do with that. So why the anger against HIM? I even understand burning the police station down, they were directly responsible, both for the murder and for the systemic failures and racism. Fight the system and all that. Not the Papa Joe.

One bad thing does not excuse other bad things, nor does it excuse having even more people suffering aside from the killed man. Looting fucking TV's is a crime, end of discussion.
    Who gives a fuck about some TVs when there is a system in place that allows the murder of civilians?

Your have been or know someone has been impacted by police brutality. Maybe you can just empathize with with people who have. You're outside protesting. You want justice. Then someone says, "but...but what about the looters". Fuck the looters. Know what that sounds like to someone advocating for accountability? That you care more about a $200 TV than people getting chocked out and gunned down in street.

Looting is bad we fucking it get it. Know what's worse? The systemic and century long miscarriage of justice in this country. Even the opportunistic looters are doing so because the system has failed and people are fed up with it. There would be no looting if people weren't angry. People would not feel the need to lash out if they had faith in the system.

The fires, the empty stories. That what it feels like when people say "well what can you do about a couple of bad eggs in law enforcement". That's what it feels like when you hear a "not guilty" or "5 years" when a cop kills a black person in their own home minding their own business. The fires are all the pain and frustration when people have marched peacefully, when they have petitioned mayors, sheriffs, governors, and state representatives.

When you say "well what about the looters" instead "what can we do to help" you only add to the pain and frustration of a community beyond tired of seeing these stories on the news and lousy sentences handed down in courtrooms.

This shit happened the same week a woman was filmed threatening to make a frivolous call on a black man because he dared asked her to leash her dog. Why? Because she knows in America, ANY encounter with the police as a black person in America, especially as a black man, can become a huge deal regardless of what the person actually did.

Seriously, fuck any and all concerns about property damage except for the potential lose of life when we have a serious problem in this country.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay.

I've little compunction in saying quite openly that 2020 has made me absolutely ashamed to be white. I am disgusted by the behavior and opinions that a significant number of my demographic practices and holds given all the evidence that is available. I am beyond appalled at the way you all carry on about property damage as if it remotely holds a candle to a centuries long campaign of human terror.
    You do realize what you just said is a form of racism right? Your labeling an entire demographic of people as one thing, something to be disgusted at. Thats not a rational thought process.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter. Looting and rioting is not acceptable. You are making excuses for it.
    Why should people obey the law in a fundamentally unjust system.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    A "news" source is reporting that he didn't die of asphyxiation, as per the autopsy report:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ie-of-asphyxia

Of course, when you actually try and go to the supposed autopsy report, it's actually the charge record for the suspect. This is either fake news, or terrible reporting. I'll let the Washington Examiner decide.
    The charge record contains the "preliminary" findings of the autopsy. It is not fake news or terrible reporting. You are flat out accusing the DA of lying in the charge report.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not.

The problem is systemic racism. And you're complicit in it every time you deny it exists, Karen.
    calling everyone who disagrees with you karen doesn't make anything you've said seem less irrational I'm afraid.
    #boycottchina

The lawas are there for a reason. You don't get to pick and choose when you want to obey them.

I'm not making excuses, you just have shit reading comprehension. Talking to you is pointless now.

The lawas are there for a reason. You don't get to pick and choose when you want to obey them.
    Tell that to the police.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You do realize what you just said is a form of racism right?
    Oh, you're here. That reminds me.

From the author of White Fragility:

“We have to stop thinking about racism simply as someone who says the N-word,” she says. “This book is centred in the white western colonial context, and in that context white people hold institutional power.” This means understanding that racism is a system rather than just a slur; it is prejudice plus power. And in Britain and the US at least, it is designed to benefit and privilege whiteness by every economic and social measure. Everyone has racial bias but, as DiAngelo is determined to establish, “when you back a group’s collective bias with lingering authority and institutional control, it is transformed”.

That is why she is scathing of those who claim “reverse racism” exists; after all, people of colour can show prejudice against white people. It is equally condemnable, but this form of discrimination does not come with systemic privilege and so is not racism as per the modern definition.

“Reverse is an interesting term,” she says. “Why not just say racism is racism? Reverse suggests it is going in the wrong direction. People who complain about reverse racism never seem to complain about racism otherwise. These are not racial justice advocates.”
    No, Miss Lindsey, there is not a system of dehumanization and oppression set up against white people in the United States.

10+ Year Old Account
    calling everyone who disagrees with you karen doesn't make anything you've said seem less irrational I'm afraid.
    Nah, but it shows how ridiculous the argument is.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Cheering for the ruined livelihoods of people that were not involved in the incident in any way whatsoever. How progressive!

From the la riots but the sentiment stands

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    A list of the buildings damaged, looted in Minneapolis and St. Paul

And people are posting their encouragement for this?
    of course, they think this somehow will change the system, when really its just ape like mentality without reason or order.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-05-30 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    What reason is that?

Also, I'd like you to answer me why you think any black person in the US hasn't gone through this exact thought process and weighed their options.

- - - Updated - - -

ape like mentality
    Nice dogwhistle.

This is what I mentioned earlier with being annoyed at a lot of my fellow white gays after marriage was legalised. Was like mask off, clown nose on, GOP voter card acquired.

Their own experiences have taught them exactly nothing.

of course, they think this somehow will change the system, when really its just ape like mentality without reason or order.
    There it is, something we all were waiting for.