Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    So I think the (lack of) police response to the terrorism in DC today merits discussion in this thread.

They went super easy on armed rioters storming the US Capitol, yet they tear gassed peaceful protestors who said mean things about Trump.

Completely shameful.
    Well, that is the thing. If you go ham on "armed" protesters, you take the risk that they can open fire or return fire if you shoot at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Well, that is the thing. If you go ham on "armed" protesters, you take the risk that they can open fire or return fire if you shoot at them.
    How many were armed? They're not legally allowed to even be armed in Washington DC, dude.

And like...tough shit? Bring illegal guns to an attempted insurrection, deal with the consequences like the lady that got shot in the neck trying to storm the House (I believe) floor while agents were barricaded behind the doors like a god-damned zombie movie.

I have no sympathy, remorse, and want no quarter for insurrectionists like this. Though the cops, at least Capitol Police, apparently like them quite a bit. At least I'm seeing the DC police are treating them like other protesters and assaulting the fuck outta them. Brought a smile to my face to see some justice on that topic after the day of cops taking selfies with insurrectionists in the Capitol and giving them high fives, even if it's just another example of police aggression and violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    How many were armed? They're not legally allowed to even be armed in Washington DC, dude.

And like...tough shit? Bring illegal guns to an attempted insurrection, deal with the consequences like the lady that got shot in the neck trying to storm the House (I believe) floor while agents were barricaded behind the doors like a god-damned zombie movie.

I have no sympathy, remorse, and want no quarter for insurrectionists like this. Though the cops, at least Capitol Police, apparently like them quite a bit. At least I'm seeing the DC police are treating them like other protesters and assaulting the fuck outta them. Brought a smile to my face to see some justice on that topic after the day of cops taking selfies with insurrectionists in the Capitol and giving them high fives, even if it's just another example of police aggression and violence.
    I think we can agree (though I go not have any study about that) that right wing people in the US tend to be more armed that left wing people. Would you risk an open battle in a middle of a town ?

I think we can agree (though I go not have any study about that) that right wing people in the US tend to be more armed that left wing people. Would you risk an open battle in a middle of a town ?
    Middle of town? What are you even on about, they stormed the fucking Capitol building, there were only other violent insurrectionists and Capitol police there.

I mean, they didn't even put up much of a fight. There's video of them literally removing barriers to let them into the Capitol grounds, waving them in. There's literally video of them taking selfies with rioters in the Capitol building. There's literally video of them chit chatting and doing special handshakes (no clue what) and high fives with these traitors.

And they did shoot a woman yesterday, yet it didn't devolve into an all out gunfight.

Seriously dude, this is a real, real bad take. Do lunatics routinely take capitol buildings in developed democracies without a fight, or something?

If there's a bloodbath because they get involved in a protracted gunfight with illegal weapons they are not allowed to have in DC, I ain't gonna shed a tear. Play stupid fuckin games. Win stupid fuckin prizes. Just like the lady that got shot in the neck and died.

Middle of town? What are you even on about, they stormed the fucking Capitol building, there were only other violent insurrectionists and Capitol police there.

I mean, they didn't even put up much of a fight. There's video of them literally removing barriers to let them into the Capitol grounds, waving them in. There's literally video of them taking selfies with rioters in the Capitol building. There's literally video of them chit chatting and doing special handshakes (no clue what) and high fives with these traitors.

And they did shoot a woman yesterday, yet it didn't devolve into an all out gunfight.

Seriously dude, this is a real, real bad take. Do lunatics routinely take capitol buildings in developed democracies without a fight, or something?

If there's a bloodbath because they get involved in a protracted gunfight with illegal weapons they are not allowed to have in DC, I ain't gonna shed a tear. Play stupid fuckin games. Win stupid fuckin prizes. Just like the lady that got shot in the neck and died.
    Was the case in Armenia. They were not a shot fired. But cirscontances were different.

For the barrier case, there were what ? 5 Polices officers vs what ? 20+ or even more people ? You can't hold that many with that few.

Was the case in Armenia. They were not a shot fired. But cirscontances were different.

For the barrier case, there were what ? 5 Polices officers vs what ? 20+ or even more people ? You can't hold that many with that few.
    Armenia? Is that considered a developed first world nation? A world superpower?

And I don't much care if they were outnumbered. Their job is to protect the building, not let attempted insurrectionists stroll in.

And I don't much care if they were outnumbered. Their job is to protect the building, not let attempted insurrectionists stroll in.
    You do not protect anything if you are outnumbered, overrun or dead.

Well, then they should take up with their supervisors why they were so massively outnumbered. If they were overrun, they're overrun. It's, again, literally their job to protect that building.

Capitol police failed miserably at that job yesterday. Like, the only way to fail much harder would have been if they'd forgotten to show up to work that day.

they did try to be fair to them. Whoever planned it the day before is to blame. heres a decent summary https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status...74961413283841

https://twitter.com/KySportsRadio/st...31398176223233

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    they did try to be fair to them. Whoever planned it the day before is to blame. heres a decent summary https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status...74961413283841

https://twitter.com/KySportsRadio/st...31398176223233
    Fair point with the added context.

That second video though...man, imagine if those had been BLM protests. They'd be fuckin dead right now.

They'd be fuckin dead right now.
    yup. its good that loads of people arent dead but still more people were arrested in atlanta protesting police brutality on the same day this was happening.

think 60 cops got injured (being whacked with metal pipes in the head) and one is critical from the capital storming.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly there's some merit to the 'The guys there were overwhelmed so they couldn't do anything' argument but that only reinforces the point; Right Wingers have been talking about this day and date for weeks and yet the DC Police Chief decided that a paltry amount of security was all that was needed for some goddamn reason.

Like the BLM protests over the Summer showed us that the DC Police aren't adverse or even unable to deploy forceful tactics to rebuff giant crowds, and yet as soon as some Yahoos wearing Maga hats decide to try and ransack the Capital Building like a horde of barbarians there's nothing they can do about it? I call bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Honestly there's some merit to the 'The guys there were overwhelmed so they couldn't do anything' argument but that only reinforces the point; Right Wingers have been talking about this day and date for weeks and yet the DC Police Chief decided that a paltry amount of security was all that was needed for some goddamn reason.

Like the BLM protests over the Summer showed us that the DC Police aren't adverse or even unable to deploy forceful tactics to rebuff giant crowds, and yet as soon as some Yahoos wearing Maga hats decide to try and ransack the Capital Building like a horde of barbarians there's nothing they can do about it? I call bullshit.
    Well, I speak about what those on the field could do in that situation when you are talking about the Police Chief. And I do agree with you, it is either deliberate or a major screw up.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were so outnumbered they were forced to take selfies with the terrorists!

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

They weren't overrun, they literally opened the fucking gates.

Rioters knock down the barrier and the police trying to hold them back? That's on the rioters.

Police open the gate? That's on the cops.

Why didn't a massive amount of tear gas come out? Firehoses? Beanbag rounds?

Once they breached the Capitol Building, it should have been live fire. If it was BLM, it would have been.
    Last edited by Antiganon; 2021-01-08 at 12:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

https://theintercept.com/2020/09/29/...iltration-fbi/

UNREDACTED FBI DOCUMENT SHEDS NEW LIGHT ON WHITE SUPREMACIST INFILTRATION OF LAW ENFORCEMENT

A 2006 intelligence assessment reveals that officials had concerns about the infiltration of police departments for years but failed to warn the public.
    Most of those that wear forces are indeed, again, the same that burn crosses.

It is considered a democracy, wasn't that the most important part, eh? Ah right, it is not the cool kids club democracy, so that does not count There is a world outside the States and Western Europe too...
    Line between insurrection and people taking power in their hands is very thin (all the colored revolutions could easily be added to this, acknowledged as legitimate by the West, just saying). There are a lot of people in USA who right now think they were justified. Screaming at them does not solve the problem outside of making you feel better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Well, I speak about what those on the field could do in that situation when you are talking about the Police Chief. And I do agree with you, it is either deliberate or a major screw up.
    They rejected reinforcements twice leading up to this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post

They were only "overwhelmed" because the capitol police denied reinforcements twice

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    They rejected reinforcements twice leading up to this.

- - - Updated - - -

They were only "overwhelmed" because the capitol police denied reinforcements twice
    and the insurrections were cops...

A DCPoliceDept officer says off-duty police officers and members of the military, who were among the rioters, flashed their badges and I.D. cards as they attempted to overrun the US Capitol.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    and the insurrections were cops...

A DCPoliceDept officer says off-duty police officers and members of the military, who were among the rioters, flashed their badges and I.D. cards as they attempted to overrun the US Capitol.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...ots-doj-456178 and a source.

The amazing shitty country we have here folks!