Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    For context on all the police-gangs in LA - https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...g-problem.html
    You would think that LAPD would learn after the whole CRASH fiasco back in 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I watched the video, and I didn’t see anyone pounding on the cops windows. They gathered (mostly) in front of the vehicle to block him, and the asshole then backed up and accelerated through the crowd.

His/her story about fearing that the crowd was going to break the windows, is absolute bullshit.

Had he actually feared that they were going to break the glass, he could have kept reversing. He didn’t. He drove through the crowd so he could catch the people that were racing and doing donuts moments before.
    I guess we watched different videos then. Hitting sounds can be heard, there were people behind. One could almost argue that one should not block it in the first place, but alas, not like people here care about such things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I guess we watched different videos then. Hitting sounds can be heard, there were people behind. One could almost argue that one should not block it in the first place, but alas, not like people here care about such things.
    One could, if one were a sociopath that thinks people on foot watching street racers do donut pose a credible threat to an armed law enforcement officer driving a several ton vehicle and then proceeds to blame the former for getting mowed down.

For the record, we heard the same excuses you're throwing out being used to defend Heather Heyer's murderer. Check yourself.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2021-01-24 at 09:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    One could, if one were a sociopath that thinks people on foot watching street racers do donut pose a credible threat to an armed law enforcement officer driving a several ton vehicle and then proceeds to blame the former for getting mowed down.

For the record, we heard the same excuses you're throwing out being used to defend Heather Heyer's murderer. Check yourself.
    Yeah yeah yeah. Except as far as I remember it was deduced that in that case the driving over was deliberate from the start. I still wonder why someone feels the need to start hitting cop car or why that is fine, but oh well, you do you.
    Take that haters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except as far as I remember it was deduced that in that case the driving over was deliberate from the start.
    Yup, just like in this case, except for people like you making "IT WUZ A HART ATAK!" posts.

I still wonder why someone feels the need to start hitting cop car or why that is fine, but oh well, you do you.
    Probably because you've got yet another scumbag cop committing attempted murder.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah yeah yeah. Except as far as I remember it was deduced that in that case the driving over was deliberate from the start.
    Also known as you using hindsight bias to try and justify victim blaming, lol. Premeditation being deduced after the fact doesn't change the fact every chud and his dog was using the "the driver was in fear of his life because people were banging on the windows" excuse at the time, just like you're doing here.

The only thing that would possibly prove you wrong, in your view, is an admission of wrongdoing by the police. Which is convenient because in a system where police never have to admit they did anything wrong, they never have to be wrong.

It's a lazy and stupid line of reasoning. /yawn

I still wonder why someone feels the need to start hitting cop car
    Gee maybe you could go back and read all the posts in the thread detailing what actions American law enforcement could have possibly taken that might cause people to react negatively to their presence.

I still wonder why you think an unarmed pedestrian poses a credible threat to an armed officer in a several ton vehicle.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Yup, just like in this case, except for people like you making "IT WUZ A HART ATAK!" posts.

Probably because you've got yet another scumbag cop committing attempted murder.
    So they foresaw the future? Because hitting was clearly happening before the cop drove them over.

Gee maybe you could go back and read all the posts in the thread detailing what actions American law enforcement could have possibly taken that might cause people to react negatively to their presence.

I still wonder why you think an unarmed pedestrian poses a credible threat to an armed officer in a several ton vehicle.
    Ah, so that allows attacking cop cars? Really? Fucking really? Like, I should be applauded if I would go and start breaking some random police car in USA?
    You think those windows are made of bulletproof glass? Pff.....
    Take that haters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, so that allows attacking cop cars?
    For starters, the whole "attacking the cop car" shit hasn't been proven definitively beyond you insisting that the video you watched supports your bias, so there's that.

Really? Fucking really? Like, I should be applauded if I would go and start breaking some random police car in USA?
    You think those windows are made of bulletproof glass? Pff.....
    Second, fuck off with the bad faith argument that saying "running over pedestrians is bad" is an endorsement of attacks on police.

It's abundantly clear you're operating from a position of believing that if the cop doesn't respond to a disrespect to their authority with extreme force people "won't be taught a lesson". Which isn't a commentary on right or wrong so much as it is a blatant endorsement of a police state.

I'll ask you again: why is it you think an unarmed pedestrian poses a credible threat to an armed, trained law enforcement officer driving a several ton vehicle? Some mood music while I wait:

I'll ask you again: why is it you think an unarmed pedestrian poses a credible threat to an armed, trained law enforcement officer driving a several ton vehicle? Some mood music while I wait:
    And I will answer - tonnage does not matter, when somebody breaks the windows and hits you in the face. I could be driving Hummer and they still could do that - it weighs more than cop car.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Get your eyes checked.
    Yeah, this argument perfectly explains the pointlessness of discussion here.

I watched video on BBC. Driving over people happens after hitting sounds (quite similar to those when banging on car's window).
    Take that haters.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I will answer - tonnage does not matter, when somebody breaks the windows and hits you in the face. I could be driving Hummer and they still could do that - it weighs more than cop car.
    So yes, you do think that an unarmed pedestrian poses a credible threat to a trained and armed law enforcement official driving a several ton vehicle which is a police car and thus likely modified for exactly this sort of situation.

- - - Updated - - -

I heard a few people slapping panels. No sounds of windows being hit with anything that would break them. Add in I said eyes, not ears, and the pointless part seems to be based on your issues with comprehension. The crowd was in front of his vehicle, not behind. Hence him backing up without hitting anyone before driving through the crowd. And the hitting sounds start after he begins revving his engine at them... sooooo. Yeah, maybe get a hearing test as well.
    Anecdotal but I will also add that as a WA resident, Tacoma PD are only slightly less of a circus than Seattle PD and we all know what those clowns get up to.

So yes, you do think that an unarmed pedestrian poses a credible threat to a trained and armed law enforcement official driving a several ton vehicle which is a police car and thus likely modified for exactly this sort of situation.
    Yes, I do. Most of cop cars are not really that special in any way. Posting memes does not give you more credibility.
    Take that haters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I do. Most of cop cars are not really that special in any way.
    Here you're just admitting you don't know what sort of equipment American police use, speaking of laughable and wrong.

And you're also admitting you've never watched a single episode of Mythbusters, to boot, if you think breaking safety glass by slapping it a few times is like... a thing.

I love how you both think there is some kind of armored glass in the standard patrol car. But fine. Not like the insanity is going to go away. USA is a special place indeed.
    Take that haters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how you both think there is some kind of armored glass in the standard patrol car.
    I love how you think even regular safety glass is easy to break by hand, let alone the kind they use for LEO vehicles.

I also like how you're just blatantly ignoring the many articles in this thread detailing the militarization of American law enforcement in terms of equipment and how overfunded they are, especially in large cities like Tacoma.

But hey you saw a video on the BBC that you interpreted in a way so that's objective fact, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a lot of discussion of window smashing for an incident where no windows were smashed. More fun and games from the property > lives crowd.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    There's a lot of discussion of window smashing for an incident where no windows were smashed. More fun and games from the property > lives crowd.
    They can't actually defend their argument that it's okay to run over pedestrians with a car so they have to construct fictional narratives in which the cop would LITERALLY have died if he hadn't resorted to attempted vehicular homicide.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Oh noes, they did not manage to do it. It is fine then!
    /s

Truly, a special place.
    Take that haters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh noes, they did not manage to do it. It is fine then!
    /s

Truly, a special place.
    You still haven't proven they were attempting to smash the windows let alone actually did so beyond insisting that your interpretation of something you watched on the telly is the whole truth. /yawn

Or that it's an acceptable reason to run over a pedestrian with a car.

10+ Year Old Account
    But they MIGHT have. So the only option was to literally drive over anyone in the way. Or so goes the insane logic of some.
    It's a function of the thin blue line brain poisoning; in such a worldview anyone who isn't completely obsequious to the cops is suspect, and any slight to authority has to be met with immediate and brutal force because "it sets a bad precedent otherwise".

10+ Year Old Account
    Aka fascism. Get in line or get run over. Literally in this case.
    Tfw the connection with slave patrols was supposed to be historical.