7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    He had a gun, did the cops see him throw it? I am not saying the cops are innocent but if someone I knew had a gun quickly turned at me after running away I would assume it was to shoot me. I don't think this is remotely as bad as the other recent cops.
    So much for “you’ll be ok if you comply”. Sounds like people shouldn’t comply with cops if they think they’re going to die anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    He had a gun, did the cops see him throw it? I don't think this is remotely as bad as the other recent cops.
    He may have had a gun at one point...but it wasn't in his hand when he turned around and got shot.

I am not saying the cops are innocent but if someone I knew had a gun quickly turned at me after running away I would assume it was to shoot me.
    If the officer thought the kid would shoot at him if he turned around...why was he yelling at the kid to turn around? The kid was following the instructions of the officer when he got shot.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    So much for “you’ll be ok if you comply”. Sounds like people shouldn’t comply with cops if they think they’re going to die anyway.
    Yeah, I literally had people telling me, that they saw in the video on Disqus forums, that they saw a gun in his hand, even though the gun is found behind the fence a few feet away from him. I told every one of those mother fuckers that they need to have their fucking eyes checked then.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    SO what do we think is the solution to police?
    Abolition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Carrying a firearm is a constitutionally-protected right. So is not having one in his hands when he was shot.
    Exactly. The problem wasn't the gun that may or not have been in his hand. The problem was the gun that was definitely in the cop's hand.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Was surprised to see Don Lemon actually come to the defense of the cop who shot the 13 year old.
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...082648436.html
    Insanely bad take from Don Lemon.

Yeah police have tough jobs, and they get training and support for having tough jobs. I don't support executing citizens who are complying with police orders and when it turns out that they screwed up people just shrug their shoulders and say that cops have tough jobs. Sorry, that's just not good enough.

5+ Year Old Account
    a tazer n a gun, u can feel the difference with ur eyes closed, it's not possible to pick the wrong one by mistake.

Even the weight is different.

so er what the fuck is going down in Minneapolis?

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    What? Is there unrest after the Deaunte Murder? Or is it something else?

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    What? Is there unrest after the Deaunte Murder? Or is it something else?
    the full blown military occupation, journos being rounded up etc, some mad footage coming out

the full blown military occupation, journos being rounded up etc, some mad footage coming out
    Wut, they trying to make it worse there?

10+ Year Old Account
    https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/...nter-protests/
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...tests-77139904

Looks like the police just looking to arrest black people for protesting. The police set the situation up to prevent the protesters from dispersing by having the national guard block off parking lots, while the police proceeded to arrest people for not dispersing after the police ordered them to disperse. Press with credentials seem to be the only people out of that 100 or so people that were in that pocket that weren't arrested, though their rights were still violated as there was a temporary restraining order in place directly restricting the police from harassing journalists.

It is fucking abhorrent.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2021-04-18 at 05:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/...nter-protests/
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...tests-77139904

Looks like the police just looking to arrest black people for protesting. The police set the situation up to prevent the protesters from dispersing by having the national guard block off parking lots, while the police proceeded to arrest people for not dispersing after the police ordered them to disperse. Press with credentials seem to be the only people out of that 100 or so people that were in that pocket that weren't arrested, though their rights were still violated as there was a temporary restraining order in place directly restricting the police from harassing journalists.

It is fucking abhorrent.
    wHy dO tHeY pRoTesT???? wHy aRe tHeRe rIoTs???

Because the police even treat peaceful protests worst than a capitol insurrection.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I don't consider him "having a gun" to be enough.

I wouldn't consider it enough in Canada.

In a country like the USA where "having a gun" is literally a highly-protected Constitutional right, it's pants-screamingly wrongheaded. Killing someone because they're armed, in the USA, is effectively a direct violation of their Constitutional rights. It's not much different from killing someone for speaking out against the political leaders in charge (which would be a violation of free speech, the 1st Amendment).
    Wait, so how do they go from defending a minor’s right to kill people (Rittenhouse) to being fine with another minor (the 13 year old) being killed by the police??

My opinion is most people who get killed by police seem to be those who resist arrest or act aggressively and threatening.

If you feel i am wrong, show the evidence and I'll change my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FRClan123 View Post
    My opinion is most people who get killed by police seem to be those who resist arrest or act aggressively and threatening.

...My issue I guess would be why should people who resist arrest or act aggressively and threatening get killed by the police? Why should they be killed for those alleged crimes?

I would like to think we should hold our police to a higher standard then that.

Quote Originally Posted by FRClan123 View Post

The only acceptable number of people killed by the police is zero. Everyone deserves their day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The only acceptable number of people killed by the police is zero. Everyone deserves their day in court.
    My opinion is I disagree.

If my life is at risk from someone acting threatening towards me, I would fully support the police fatally shooting that person.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The police are justified in killing people who are actively killing or engaging in behavior like hitting people with their car. See the incident this month where a man killed a Capitol Hill LEO with his car (injured one more) and jumped out wielding a knife and lunging at officers.

Just because you have rational reason to doubt police killings involving unarmed citizens, fleeing citizens, and what-have-you, doesn’t make 0 the only acceptable number. That’ll just hinder reform and make it sound like cops getting killed is an acceptable compromise.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    @docterfreeze

So what's up man, couldn't a group of strong male officers handle a 13 y/o?

What's your excuse for more police gunning down civilians this time?
    Sorry, i'm not allowed to talk to you people anymore. I'm too powerful.