10+ Year Old Account
    Two officers charged for use of excessive force and failure to report/intervene. Highlighting this story because it mirrors a lot where the cops are escalated a stop and are then allowed to walk away without facing any consequences and another cop involved is held accountable as well. These cops acted the way they did because they usually are allowed to do so, the outcome is what should be the norm.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2021/07/...cine-martinez/

Video of arrest (blood) - I mean theres a lot hard stuff to watch in the video. The man is clearly scared for his life and a sudden move away from getting shot for no reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfhixgMH278

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Two officers charged for use of excessive force and failure to report/intervene. Highlighting this story because it mirrors a lot where the cops are escalated a stop and are then allowed to walk away without facing any consequences and another cop involved is held accountable as well. These cops acted the way they did because they usually are allowed to do so, the outcome is what should be the norm.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2021/07/...cine-martinez/

Video of arrest (blood) - I mean theres a lot hard stuff to watch in the video. The man is clearly scared for his life and a sudden move away from getting shot for no reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfhixgMH278
    Really bad behavior from the police officer. Why use a gun when you can see the hand of your target and the guy has no weapon in them, use your tazer. Pressing the gun in the neck of the guy was also over the top. But the guy did not also comply while having a gun pointed at him. Stupid behavior from both side in this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Really bad behavior from the police officer. Why use a gun when you can see the hand of your target and the guy has no weapon in them, use your tazer. Pressing the gun in the neck of the guy was also over the top. But the guy did not also comply while having a gun pointed at him. Stupid behavior from both side in this case.
    The man is not given a chance to comply and is in panic mode. A lot of people get like that when there's a gun to your head, and only get worse when you get pistol whipped. There's no differece between what the officer was doing vs a violent mugging. Not sure how the officer planned on handcuffing the guy with a gun in his hand or letting another officer do it while he is pistol whipping the guy.

Its poor training on top of being used to apply extreme force to any situation. The suspect wasn't actually fighting so there was no need for the gun, especially at his head. The whole dispute about the warrant could have been descalated - the cop chose to take it there. Seems like the cop did not like being questioned.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Couldn't really fucking comply when every time you give the fucking guy a command, they ask why are you moving, now isn't it? And with as many murders by cops and other assaults, I would be fucking scared as well. Especially when the cop went right for his fucking gun without giving him a fucking chance to comply.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Couldn't really fucking comply when every time you give the fucking guy a command, they ask why are you moving, now isn't it? And with as many murders by cops and other assaults, I would be fucking scared as well. Especially when the cop went right for his fucking gun without giving him a fucking chance to comply.
    When you are scared, you do as you are told. He could comply, he did not. As I said, stupid behavior on both side.

When you are scared, you do as you are told. He could comply, he did not. As I said, stupid behavior on both side.
    When you aren't given a fucking second to comply, and you then get a gun in your face, how are you supposed to comply? Fuck that, I hope the cops fucking enjoy prison, and never being cops again.

If you have 15 minutes spare time might I suggest you watch this video and maybe think a minute or two about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmjB7TUroyE

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    If you have 15 minutes spare time might I suggest you watch this video and maybe think a minute or two about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmjB7TUroyE
    As it has been said (already multiple times), US cops lack training, quality training as well as accountability for their actions.

As it has been said (already multiple times), US cops lack training, quality training as well as accountability for their actions.
    True. But no reason for you to "both sides" this with a nice big chunk of victim blaming:

Watch the video...

i watched the chauvin trial late and wondered if there's anything that can stop people from saying stupid shit on TV in situations like this. watching the mom of derek say that shit of how he's not the sort of guy to hurt anyone should earn her a slap to the face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being poorly trained isn't a defense against going to prison for assault and battery and a suite of other crimes committed while wearing a uniform. It isn't even an excuse.

All it means is that maybe it's not just the officers in question who need to face legal penalties. The PD itself bears responsibility too, in a manner that in no way lessens the officer's guilt or responsibility in any way.

There's a difference between scared and panicking. Also, people react differently when scared...not everyone just rolls over and obligingly complies with commands given to them.

Acting like ANYONE could have complied in that situation, because anyone and everyone can and should react that way, as if it's the only reasonable conclusion is ignorant and stupid.

That moment when untrained citizens are supposed to maintain total composure with a while, angry police officer screaming often contradictory orders at them while waving a gun at them/pointing it at their head/hitting them.

Naw dog, victims are victims.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That moment when untrained citizens are supposed to maintain total composure with a while, angry police officer screaming often contradictory orders at them while waving a gun at them/pointing it at their head/hitting them.

Naw dog, victims are victims.
    Being a victim does not exonarate you from what led you to being a victim.

7+ Year Old Account
    Getting beaten?

“She wore a short skirt your honor, how could you expect me to control myself?”

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Getting beaten?

“She wore a short skirt your honor, how could you expect me to control myself?”
    Can you use even more bad faith please ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Can you use even more bad faith please ?
    Can you blame victims more please?

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Can you blame victims more please?
    I blame them when they have stupid behavior that put them at risk willingly.

7+ Year Old Account
    I blame them when they have stupid behavior that put them at risk willingly.
    By getting beat?

Better keep short skirted women away from you then.

Fleeing the police for what was called in as a simple trespass does not require the use of excessive force, nor the threat of deadly force, on an unarmed suspect.

The consequence for the suspect fleeing was the potential for either an added charge if they're charged with trespassing, or charges for fleeing even if they're not charged with trespassing. Having a cop put a gun to your neck isn't anywhere in that equation, and that's not the fault of the victim. That's the fault of the cop who's seen way too many 80's action movies and forgets that it's not as cool to act like that in real life.